Author Topic: Duels costing honor when not done  (Read 11600 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Duels costing honor when not done
« Reply #30: June 19, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
Anaris,

We are expected to play SMA, it is moderated to ensure that we are. Yet why do we not enforce all areas of it? My last post did not say anything about losing honour/prestige as Tom has already said that. What I siad was that there should be a way of making sure that the SMA is followed correctly.

People will jump down some ones throat when they do not call them "my lord" Yet they will not enforce a legitimate duel? When there are valid IG reasons?

If people are too scared to accept a Duel to the Death, why not remove the feature? Unless you actually start claiming down on a breach of SMA then people will always flout the rules. What's the point of playing as a noble with a code of honour, that when someone else slights you, you are just going to shrug it off as nothing? Nobles would not do that in the correct circumstances (I.e a valid reason)

The game mechanics cannot do anything about this.

If you think someone is breaching SMA, in this or any other way, then use the SMA Report option under Messages. That's what it's there for.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan