Author Topic: Has population growth been reduced  (Read 6551 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Has population growth been reduced
« Topic Start: March 19, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
Is it just me or is population growth in depopulated regions a lot slower then it used to be? I've had a nearly empty city for two weeks, moral and loyalty are perfect and there's ample food but the population's only gone up by about 200 peasants. That seems a lot lower then other regions I've seen conquered.

Has something changed?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Has population growth been reduced
« Reply #1: March 19, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »
are the surrounding regions empty too?
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 19, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »
are the surrounding regions empty too?

I assume he is talking about Darfix, so yes

Immigration is one of the main population growths, they need to come from somewhere and they only move to regions that are close by. As the townsland grows from immigration into that region, the speed of growth for Darfix should speed up.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 19, 2012, 11:58:18 PM »
If nearby regions are also depopulated, then there is no emigration. Now you're relying on storks for your re-population efforts. ;)

I'm guessing the rate of growth is not linear in that case.
------
qui audet vincit

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 20, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
Even in Twainville, with Twainwood bordering big regions, Twainwood seems to get very few peasants into it (it is still below 50%).

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 20, 2012, 08:21:55 PM »
Under Darfix is having even slower improvement. Does this mean Eeborngul has to grow more population as well?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 20, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »
Regions with, I think, less than 50% pop will not have peasants leaving for other regions. That number may be slightly off. But if all the regions around you are <50% full, you will not get any immigrants.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 20, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »
Under Darfix is having even slower improvement. Does this mean Eeborngul has to grow more population as well?

Don't know, how much pop does Eeborngul have? Logically if it is underpopulated, then yes.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 21, 2012, 02:30:15 AM »
Ok cool, another thousand peasants in Eeborngul and we should be getting spillover into Under Darfix.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 21, 2012, 02:49:40 AM »
The townsland of Mio Dupaki (Riombara, Beluaterra) suffered genocide from the Daimons more than a month ago. It is surrounded by the larger rurals Kuugl and Glongin, the city of Grehk and a blighted mountain region. Glongin and Grekh are at full population, as I suspect the blighted one is, and Kuugl has 7.511 out of 8.400 possible. I remember noticing how slow Mio was repopulating right after it was retaken from the Netherworld, and now that I check it I see that it still has not fully recovered, having 4.851 peasants out of 5.700 possible. Of course that bordering one blighted region could have an effect on it.

I don't mind the slow repopulation rate at all, just thought I would add some data for you to have some feedback and decide whether this is intended behavior or not.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 21, 2012, 03:10:51 AM »
The townsland of Mio Dupaki (Riombara, Beluaterra) suffered genocide from the Daimons more than a month ago. It is surrounded by the larger rurals Kuugl and Glongin, the city of Grehk and a blighted mountain region. Glongin and Grekh are at full population, as I suspect the blighted one is, and Kuugl has 7.511 out of 8.400 possible. I remember noticing how slow Mio was repopulating right after it was retaken from the Netherworld, and now that I check it I see that it still has not fully recovered, having 4.851 peasants out of 5.700 possible. Of course that bordering one blighted region could have an effect on it.

I don't mind the slow repopulation rate at all, just thought I would add some data for you to have some feedback and decide whether this is intended behavior or not.

Do you know what the immigration per day numbers are?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 21, 2012, 08:35:01 AM »

Do you know what the immigration per day numbers are?

Not anymore, but I have the impression to have received such reports when the new system had just been implemented. Perhaps it's a false memory, mind you. Have not received it in the last 30 days, that's for sure.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 21, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
mio is a bit of an odd duck. it's a tiny townsland

and the other thing is.. it's 85% full...
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: March 21, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »
If you don't get a report, then there are no immigrants.

People don't just move into underpopulated areas, they also take other factors into account. If the region sucks, they won't move there even if it is empty.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 21, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »
and Kuugl has 7.511 out of 8.400 possible. I remember noticing how slow Mio was repopulating right after it was retaken from the Netherworld, and now that I check it I see that it still has not fully recovered, having 4.851 peasants out of 5.700 possible. Of course that bordering one blighted region could have an effect on it.

But all the peasants who emigrate from Kuugl go to Lopa, and none to Mio.
After all it's a roleplaying game.