Author Topic: Bug - Read Messages from Last [x] days  (Read 4213 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Bug - Read Messages from Last [x] days
« Topic Start: March 17, 2011, 02:19:25 AM »
With this new feature, I only appear to get about 1 days worth of messages. For example if I select to see the last 7 days of messages, I get no messages that are newer then 6 days ago. I'm using chrome as my browser.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Bug - Read Messages from Last [x] days
« Reply #1: March 17, 2011, 02:42:53 AM »
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/login_page.php

I'd suggest this to have a better chance of getting the attention of people who can make a difference.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 17, 2011, 02:52:30 AM »
While I'm sure it would be nice if everyone used the bug tracker, lets look at reality. Its a struggle to get most players even signed up to a community forum, if you are then going to require them to sign up to a bug tracker to report bugs, and learn the correct way to do it, you are going to miss bugs. The Devs can easily take my report and move it to the bug tracker so that THEY can track the problem and the fix.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: March 17, 2011, 02:54:47 AM »
There is no cure for irresponsible players. Do not worry about them. The question is whether you are someone who will go to the proper place to report bugs and go through that process as originally setup and intended for bugs.

Hm, to give a more diplomatic response... For players who don't know better and posted a bug here not knowing about the Bugtracker or its purpose, then someone would likely direct them to the Bugtracker, and that's one new player who knows better and will hopefully use that resource in the future. However, it sounds like you are not such a player, and are fully aware of the Bugtracker and its intended use. In that case, why are you seemingly intentionally not using that resource?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:59:57 AM by Artemesia »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 17, 2011, 02:58:22 AM »
With this new feature, I only appear to get about 1 days worth of messages. For example if I select to see the last 7 days of messages, I get no messages that are newer then 6 days ago. I'm using chrome as my browser.

Whoops.  Typed a = when I meant <=.

Fixed in rev. 5331.

And once Tom gets the bugtracker properly linked to the Core, then we can yell at people for not using it ;)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: March 17, 2011, 03:01:55 AM »
Whoops.  Typed a = when I meant <=.

Fixed in rev. 5331.

And once Tom gets the bugtracker properly linked to the Core, then we can yell at people for not using it ;)

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Though I'd much rather not have to yell at anyone, since for the most part I'm indifferent to this stuff. You of all people know the strange bugs I hit and how I just go to you without going to the Bugtracker, so I guess I'm not exactly a model player either  :-[ Meh, "do as I say not as I do".  ;D

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 17, 2011, 03:11:01 AM »
Yup I'm even signed up on the bug tracker. The main reason I didn't use it is the forum is accessed by ALOT more people, who could all add info to the bugs that we wouldn't get on the bug tracker. Part of my work is a professional software developer, and at work the bug tracker is never a "client" interface. It is a tool for developers to record bugs, monitor the status etc.