Author Topic: Bug - Bankers Trade Settings Page  (Read 2808 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Bug - Bankers Trade Settings Page
« Topic Start: March 17, 2011, 02:30:35 AM »
Recently our harvest was split over the end of summer into Autumn. The first 5 days which were summer seemed to report the projected harvest and surplus correctly, but once we hit Autumn the numbers jumped up to about what you would expect for a full Autumn harvest. When the harvest occurred most regions produced a few hundred bushels less then the estimate given just a turn earlier. To me it looks like the projections are being calculated off the season rates of the current turn, modified by the production rates recorded for days in the harvest that have already past.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Bug - Bankers Trade Settings Page
« Reply #1: March 17, 2011, 02:41:46 AM »
Er, though it's nice that you're reporting bugs...shouldn't those belong on the Bugtracker?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: March 17, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »
Recently our harvest was split over the end of summer into Autumn. The first 5 days which were summer seemed to report the projected harvest and surplus correctly, but once we hit Autumn the numbers jumped up to about what you would expect for a full Autumn harvest. When the harvest occurred most regions produced a few hundred bushels less then the estimate given just a turn earlier. To me it looks like the projections are being calculated off the season rates of the current turn, modified by the production rates recorded for days in the harvest that have already past.

I do agree with what you are saying, but isn't that what projections are?  Otherwise they'd be "exact harvest" rather than "projected harvest".
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 18, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
Not really. They are always inexact early in the harvest, as they are projecting an estimated production level moving forward. The issue here is the reverse, it over estimates food production for days that have already past. When the estimates are a bit off on a few regions, that is fine. When the estimate is several thousand off for the realm, then it becomes a pretty useless tool.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.