Author Topic: Delayed Standing Orders  (Read 5854 times)

egamma

Re: Delayed Standing Orders
« Topic Start: March 25, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »
(FYI--I am not playing any marshal characters at the moment, but I am a sponsor who is trying to make the life of my marshal easier. I'm on my second one in two weeks, I suspect the first one will autopause any day now.)

Ordering marshals to log on immediately following a turn change is a violation of the IR, and should be reported immediately.

It also is irrelevant to this discussion.

Not talking about an IR violation, but about the "5 minutes a day and at your own time and pace" game design principles, for both marshal and army-members. Just the simple fact that a marshal will lose 10% of his CS for every hour that he delays in sending out orders. Being able to give people a list of orders with a clearly marked time for executing them reduces pressure on army members to log in late in the turn, and reduces pressure on the marshal to log in early in the turn.

Basically, I am trying to make it easier for people to play the marshal position, and improve army cohesiveness. This feature would also help somewhat with the "saxon problem" where a hyperactive realm can defeat a less active realm.

We can talk about how many days out the orders can be set. 4 turns? 8 turns?

don't need new thing for that...
a simple standing order of:

monday sunrise
X orders

monday sunset
Y orders

will do.

True, but as soon as you don't remove the oldest orders, it looks like you're falling down on the job, maybe the orders are no longer correct, etc.