Author Topic: Second noble on Dwilight  (Read 3370 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Second noble on Dwilight
« Topic Start: March 25, 2012, 06:51:45 AM »
I know everyone's got their own opinion about the different continents. I find Atamara to be the most boring continent I ever played on, I was able to have two noble characters on Atamara. I find Dwilight to be the most exciting continent I've ever played on, sadly I am only allowed to have one noble character. I for one don't want to power game with a spare character, I want to participate in what's happening on the other side of the continent.

So could the dev team maybe see their way to letting Dwilight players have just one more noble?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:54:48 AM by pcw27 »

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Second noble on Dwilight
« Reply #1: March 25, 2012, 07:24:22 AM »
It is funny, but there is no place in where I would like to have two characters more than Dwilight, and I believe part of the reason is the restriction. Meaning that Dwilight is very fun partly because of the restriction. It's so big, so you are bound to know some cultures and realms only by tales and foreign accounts, unless you become a lifetime pilgrim.

In any case this has been frequently asked and rejected.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 25, 2012, 07:45:48 AM »
:(

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: March 25, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
So could the dev team maybe see their way to letting Dwilight players have just one more noble?

No

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 25, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
I don't want a second character on Dwilight. I want a second Dwilight.  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 25, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »
I don't want a second character on Dwilight. I want a second Dwilight.  ;D

^^^^^This^^^^^
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 25, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
I find Atamara to be the most boring continent I ever played on, I was able to have two noble characters on Atamara.

Correction: You found the Atamaran realms you picked to be the most boring realms you ever played on. Unless you played in every single realm on Atamara, don't lump them all together.
------
qui audet vincit

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 25, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »
I am usually against two characters per island, however, I would really love to have two on Dwilight. Dwilight is simply extremely diverse, culturally different and hence very appealing. I currently play in SA, I've tried the Lurias and have an appetite to try out especially Aurvandil and the Moot. However, I would want to be able to continue to play in SA too. With only one noble allowed this is impossible.

If you offer two nobles per island then make sure you offer it on the right islands. Cultural diversity of Dwilight and the size of the island makes Dwilight really the prime target for having two nobles. I really don't think many would place two of their characters in the same realm for those reasons. If you allow two nobles on Atamara, which, in my opinion, is the lamest island with all that old schools players, mute realms and dead beat religions that have no other purpose but to prevent your enemy from RTOing you, then I don't see why you wouldn't allow two nobles on a continent that is much more vibrant and much more interesting to explore.

I am well aware that there is no way dwilight will get a second noble slot, but I just wanted to say that I'd greatly support that. In fact, I think it would be much better to have all islands have a 1 noble per island rule, with dwilight being the exception where you could have two.  wishful thinking i know. :)
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: March 25, 2012, 11:44:43 AM »
I am usually against two characters per island, however, I would really love to have two on Dwilight. Dwilight is simply extremely diverse, culturally different and hence very appealing.

Exactly because everyone can only have one character.

This is not going to happen, end of discussion.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 25, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
I find Atamara to be the most boring continent I ever played on, I was able to have two noble characters on Atamara.

Head to Helmsdale, plenty of fighting to be had, and lots of gold to be plundered, and a desperate need of nobles.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell