Author Topic: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm  (Read 65457 times)

Zakilevo

And your posts on here do not match the !@#$ you're sending IC.

Forums: "Oh, we'll stay out of it as long as our allies do."
In-game: "SMASH WESTMOOR IF THEY GET NEAR OUR BORDERS!!!!11!!"

You are looking for any avenue to declare war, frankly. And I do not just say that because I can, I'm recalling past incidents where basically one thing has been said, and the opposite done. The two cases in point I recall are Fontanese infiltrators attacking Westmoorian nobles (one of whom was Malos at the time). What did Fontan say? "We'll punish them, that was not sanctioned by us." What was the actual outcome? Nothing. In fact I strongly suspect it was the opposite, a lot of back-slapping and hearty laughter.

Then there was that incident regarding those two Sirionite cavalry units which entered Westmoorian territory and attacked three of our nobles - Ravier included? Then proceeded to throw taunts around which were borderline as far as IC/OOC goes. Same story - "Not sanctioned, we'll punish". What is the reality? I suspect it goes along the lines of "Good job boys, come and be merry and laugh at those Westmoorian fools".

In other words, there's a whole lot of double-talk. Which is why as Ravier, I do not believe a word when you came to Westmoor City to preach about peace and ties. Talk is cheap, after all, and now the proof is coming out. I also would call into question why a retired General has been called back to active service. It may be nothing more than the fact there were no suitable candidates. Or it could be a prelude to something bigger.

Problem is, we won't know until it's too late, most likely. And at the moment, it's all hypotheticals and rhetoric, but I reckon we'll see Sirion getting involved before long.

I am surprised. You are on the spot. We did not have suitable candidates sadly. One without any military experience and the other with a very aggressive attitude toward anything. If Cimion did not lose his password and his email at the same time, I would still be preaching about peace and love.