Author Topic: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm  (Read 65662 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm
« Reply #75: April 18, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
If someone pulled of an Aix stunt, I would probably hound them out of the island, too.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: April 18, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
Perdan and Caligus shouldn't rest too assured, what they destroyed was a banner, the same nobles and the same regions are there.

Sooner or later, those realms from the south, will come kicking in to the north, and of course there will be the possibility that  would be a 2 vs 2.

That is what i love about BM, everything is a process that repeat itself over and over.....with different color!

Peace.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #77: April 18, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »
Like the endings of Mass Effect?  Same things over and over but with different colors?

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: April 18, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »
Perdan and Caligus shouldn't rest too assured, what they destroyed was a banner, the same nobles and the same regions are there.

Sooner or later, those realms from the south, will come kicking in to the north, and of course there will be the possibility that  would be a 2 vs 2.

That is what i love about BM, everything is a process that repeat itself over and over.....with different color!

Peace.

actualy it would be 3 vs 2, with Fontan suporting those southern realms. They have plently Iblandesh nobles.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: April 18, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »
Fontan would have to beat Westmoor first. No longer a guarantee once the clanners get deported.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: April 18, 2012, 10:04:02 PM »
So now I've heard not all claners will be deported. Even if they were, would  only be 16, leaving 44 nobles.
Plenty left.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: April 19, 2012, 02:23:03 AM »
So now I've heard not all claners will be deported. Even if they were, would  only be 16, leaving 44 nobles.
Plenty left.

I dont know where you're getting that number from, but I'm pretty damn sure it's wrong.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #82: April 19, 2012, 02:40:22 AM »
Depends more if he means characters or families.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: April 19, 2012, 03:30:22 AM »
Nivemus is sort of the rebellious teenage kid to Sirion who repeatedly tries to prove its independence by making less than well thought out decisions just to demonstrate that they are a separate entity...

Which is much how SoA stood to Fontan - excepting that the pro-democracy party was also generally anti-SoA because of the manner in which it was created. I hope Nivemus turns out better or the war between Fontan and Sirion will have been for nothing.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: April 19, 2012, 03:38:15 AM »
Yes, I hear OOC that they have broken away from Sirion. But as far as Fontan was concerned, they were a Sirionite colony that was carved from Fontanese land. Thus, they are beholden to Sirion. A totally reasonable assumption, I think, for IC.

I can only speak for Rhidhana and not the rest of Fontan's negotiators at the time of the surrender. To her Nivemus is not a Sirion colony, but rather a homeland for the Rancaguan people cleansed of the poison of old King High Guard and his cronies. She still visits Ashforth from time-to-time to trade supplies and is hopeful that in time the northern realms will heal the old wounds and resume their ancient friendship.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #85: April 19, 2012, 05:04:18 AM »
I can only speak for Rhidhana and not the rest of Fontan's negotiators at the time of the surrender. To her Nivemus is not a Sirion colony, but rather a homeland for the Rancaguan people cleansed of the poison of old King High Guard and his cronies. She still visits Ashforth from time-to-time to trade supplies and is hopeful that in time the northern realms will heal the old wounds and resume their ancient friendship.
Yet High Guard (same character but renamed to Monte Cristo) is the ambassador of Nivemus.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: April 19, 2012, 02:11:30 PM »
Yet High Guard (same character but renamed to Monte Cristo) is the ambassador of Nivemus.

Rhidhana's not aware of that :)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #87: April 19, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
Which part? :P

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: April 19, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
Generally, I'd say the official unofficial policy on name changes is that from an IC perspective, they can be considered retroactive.  That is, once you, the player, know that Monte Cristo was once named High Guard, your characters all know that the character was always named Monte Cristo, and everything that High Guard did, they know was actually done by Monte Cristo.

This is because name changes are not an IC tool to change your RP or escape from a bad rep; they are an OOC tool to change bad/inappropriate names into good/appropriate ones.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: April 20, 2012, 12:08:19 AM »

Monte Cristo(formerly known as High Guard, ruler of Old Rancagua) is the ambassador and Banker, but is not yet a Lord in Nivemus. And his 'cronie's back in the days of Old Rancagua were the Fleishers, the Flockharts, and the Cobalts, a clan that eventually grew out of control(ironically, they are more of a clan than any of the people supposedly are in Fontan as they were actually a family OOC... I think Flockharts was Dad, Fleishers was Mom and Cobalt was kid). They moved that power to Sirion, and eventually paid the price for their corruption(Erik Eyolf banned them. Nobody even protested).

Really, we don't have that many Old Rancaguan characters there. We have Neji, Monte Cristo, Talius, and Olaf and that's about it. The rest are either additions from Sirion, Fontan, or other realms.