Author Topic: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm  (Read 65670 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm
« Reply #135: April 28, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
Everyone wants to connect their realms to dead realms...

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: April 28, 2012, 12:05:39 AM »
Your history is wrong.

So is yours... You are nothing like Oligarch and have no ties to Oligarch except maybe one or two nobles and a city named Oligarch.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: April 28, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »
Your history is wrong.

Which part is wrong?

So is a lie that Perdan created  Westmoor after taking over the city from Fontan who was in charge of Duke Bassilus?

Sorry maybe i am comfussed.... and Westmoor just appeared there as an act of sorcery.

Um.  First I've ever heard THAT story.  What with everyone saying Westmoor and its regions were claimed in war, etc.
Huh?

On the contrary, when the Duchy of Krimml defected to Perdan (when they controlled Westmoor), it was RETURNED TO FONTAN.

Because the Duke of Krimml (was Alexis?) was supporting the Confederacy of Fontan, and he switched allegiance to Perdan, then Perdan banned him, and returned the Duchy because they got the city in an unfaithful way.

So either many old line Perdan/Westmoor/Caligus players are lying...  Or you're really confusing duchies.  I somehow think it's the latter. :)

No good sir, i may forget names, but i remember history.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:22:28 AM by Sonya »

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: April 28, 2012, 12:22:27 AM »
I'm not here to argue a partisan point, that's something I get enough of IC.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: April 28, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »
For the record, Perdan did *not* return the duchy of Krimml to Fontan. We banned Alexius, and left the city to go rogue. Hilariously enough, a fontan noble bought it back before it could go rogue, but the militia (that were originally fontan but came to perdan with the swap) stayed loyal to Perdan. It took Fontan many days to clear the Perdan militia from the city. I documented it all on the wiki.

Also, Perdans entry into the war to take Westmoor was not a backstab. It was just really damned succesful.

Nor was Westmoor's creation a reconstituting of Oligarch.

And yes, I was there in Perdan when all of this happened.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: April 28, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
Um.  First I've ever heard THAT story.  What with everyone saying Westmoor and its regions were claimed in war, etc.

On the contrary, when the Duchy of Krimml defected to Perdan (when they controlled Westmoor), it was RETURNED TO FONTAN.

So either many old line Perdan/Westmoor/Caligus players are lying...  Or you're really confusing duchies.  I somehow think it's the latter. :)

My previous character Moira lived through all of these events and my recollection of them is very different to what you have been told. However what matters is you characters' IC knowledge, even if that leaves them at the mercy of the unscrupulous.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: April 28, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »
Also, Perdans entry into the war to take Westmoor was not a backstab. It was just really damned succesful.

;D

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: April 28, 2012, 04:46:07 AM »
For the record, Perdan did *not* return the duchy of Krimml to Fontan. We banned Alexius, and left the city to go rogue. Hilariously enough, a fontan noble bought it back before it could go rogue, but the militia (that were originally fontan but came to perdan with the swap) stayed loyal to Perdan. It took Fontan many days to clear the Perdan militia from the city. I documented it all on the wiki.

Oh I remember that! That was strange, yet cool, how the militia would attack Fontan. Kinda cool game mechanic. :P

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: April 28, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »
Oh I remember that! That was strange, yet cool, how the militia would attack Fontan. Kinda cool game mechanic. :P

Considering Alexi's position that duchies should be autonomous it made perfect sense for his loyal guard to defend his rotting corpse :)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: April 28, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
Westmoor never betrayed Fontan.  Period.  Any messages between Flaylen and Gregor and other realms were never sent to the other members of the realm.  The Kingdom itself was told it was to prevent Fontan's outright destruction or something.  Was a while ago, so I confess I don't recall the details, however it was played as worked out between Flaylen and Fontan.  Gregor's actions were his own.  Don't blame Westmoor for things he says or do.

Are people still sore about Gregor's offer?  Really?  Apparently people don't know a thing about negotiations or diplomacy.  Such is life though.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: April 28, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
Because the Duke of Krimml (was Alexis?) was supporting the Confederacy of Fontan, and he switched allegiance to Perdan, then Perdan banned him, and returned the Duchy because they got the city in an unfaithful way.

Alexi, an old friend of mine from Earth2025 I convinced to join the game.  Great player.  But yes, Alexi's joining the rebellion was completely planned, as was the early groundwork that Gregor laid through Evangeline for Perdan to join the war and take Westmoor.  I think a lot of the background on that has been completely forgotten by people, or was never even known.

Alexi was supposed to stay in Fontan to drum up support for Gregor and as a royal he couldn't be banished.  He would later do something with his golds or his lands to fracture it even further.  His actual character plans were to form a third power and compete with Gregor for control, which was in effect a betrayl of Gregor his old mentor and ally.  When he got banished by Perdan he rage quit.  Really CoI might still have been around had things turned out differently.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: April 28, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
Alexi's swap to Perdan was total powergaming. He even told us that he didn't plan to stay, and the only reason he was in Perdan was to secede from us, because he couldn't secede from Fontan, Krimml being the capital and all. The allegiance swap was totally fake. Even if he could have seceded, it would have been epic fail. All his lords were Fontan loyalists and instantly swapped back.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: April 28, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »
Wonder what would have happened if Alexi had decided to at least pretend to be loyal to Perdan instead :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: April 28, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »
That ... would have been interesting. A refreshing change from "don't mind me, just passing through, I will be gone in a couple days".

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: April 29, 2012, 01:16:20 AM »
When he got banished by Perdan he rage quit.  Really CoI might still have been around had things turned out differently.

Is a shame, i love to see nobles with evil intentions, and in deep tactical revolutionary plans in game.

Peace