Author Topic: Police catching unitless enemies  (Read 12526 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Police catching unitless enemies
« Reply #30: April 14, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
True I cannot remember ever that my priest was captured for passive actions such as preaching. However he was wounded a lot due to two warring religions.

Also the last time checked, if you are arrested as a priest for e.g. a failed RTO of a region you can also be banned and thus later executed.

But apart from thos actions as a priest you're safe from capture.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 22, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »
2b) priests can be arrested by a noble with a police unit only if they are members of the same realm as the arresting noble, or are at war with the arresting noble. In addition, they must be in a region owned by the arresting noble's realm, or in a regon under a TO.

I am currently trying to arrest a priest but I have no option.

I have a police unit.
My realm is at war with the priest's realm.
We are both currently in a region controlled by his realm, but it is under a takeover.

From what I gathered I should be able to get him?
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 22, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
He may have recently been wounded. Until he is fully recovered from his wound, he cannot be arrested.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 22, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »
His status shows he is OK. However, my noble was just wounded but recovered, though I doubt that is of any importance. Perhaps I can only arrest him once the TO is over? Or are you certain about the TO part?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 22, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »
I *think* there may be a hidden timer, as well. Once they have been wounded/imprisoned, there is a certain time you have to wait before you can arrest them again. Also, they may not still be fully recovered, even though they are "OK".
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 22, 2012, 07:01:12 PM »
Ok, I will wait a few turns and monitor what's happening. Thanks.

RoosFamily

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 23, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
I'm a judge in my realm. This is my first time as judge.  I've read all the wiki, and still have a question.

An adventurer was brought into the dungeon. Her realm is at war with mine.  I could not execute her, I could not banish her, I could only torture, speak, and release.
A knight is in my dungeon.  His realm is at war with mine, when he entered our city.  Here are my options:
X
Noble of Y, captured by patrols in Z. He has been imprisoned for 2 days. He still has XXX gold coins in his possession.
The current ransom is 93 gold.

Background information on this family.
    Take his gold - dishonourable, but fast cash.
    Set him free - no strings attached.
    Torture him - may get you a look into his recent past, but is very dishonourable.
    Deport him - not possible for this one; he is not a criminal.
    Have him executed - you can not execute this one; he is not a criminal.
    Talk with him - maybe you can convince him to join your realm or give you valuable information.

I'm at a loss... there's no punishment available.  Shouldn't a judge be able to do something to enemies of the realm? 

The report to the "Magistrates" reads in part: "Please use the bugtracker for bug reports and the forum for questions. They are also not for issues of in-game injustice. The middle ages were not a nice time, and a certain amount of arbitrariness and evil is part of the game."  If the middle ages were not a nice time, why cannot I be not-nice to my attackers who are under my thumb?

The wiki says: After seven days, you will be set free automatically.
That does not comfort me.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 23, 2012, 09:53:35 PM »
I'm a judge in my realm. This is my first time as judge.  I've read all the wiki, and still have a question.

An adventurer was brought into the dungeon. Her realm is at war with mine.  I could not execute her, I could not banish her, I could only torture, speak, and release.

Did you wait 2 days? The Execute option is never available immediately.

I'm at a loss... there's no punishment available.  Shouldn't a judge be able to do something to enemies of the realm? 

You don't think "torture" is a punishment?

Aside from torture and stealing gold (and psychological torture of various sorts through messages ;D ), no, you have no way to harm "enemy nobles." In order for you to have options to deport or execute, the prisoner needs to be a criminal—that is, they need to either have an active ban from your realm or be a rogue.

From an OOC perspective, this is to maintain fun for everyone. If anyone who happened to end up in an enemy prison was at risk of execution, people would get very upset.

From an IC perspective, this can be seen as part of a "code of nobility." You know, the same code that says that no one would ever think of trying to prevent someone from going to a tournament or recruit the kind of unit they like, and dictates that all noble battles shall be conducted at dawn and sunset, etc.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 24, 2012, 02:52:01 AM »
Noble of Y, captured by patrols in Z. He has been imprisoned for 2 days. He still has XXX gold coins in his possession.
The current ransom is 93 gold.

Background information on this family.
    Take his gold - dishonourable, but fast cash.
    Set him free - no strings attached.
    Torture him - may get you a look into his recent past, but is very dishonourable.
    Deport him - not possible for this one; he is not a criminal.
    Have him executed - you can not execute this one; he is not a criminal.
    Talk with him - maybe you can convince him to join your realm or give you valuable information.
Speaking from my experience as Judge.

If you or your realm need gold, take the adventurer gold along with a hit to your honor ;D

If you or your realm need enemy information, torture the adventurer. But I doubt adventurer has any useful information. Although there is indeed some realms which hire adventurer to scout enemy lands ::)

Talk with him will make more friends. I have known a Judge is being corrupted by the prisoners ideal and what the prisoners fighting for 8)

That said and done, Deport only work if the adventurer or noble has been banned from your realm before. Banned first time, so when he come into your mighty Judge dungeon the second time, he will be beheaded by way of guillotine. Just pick up your executor instruments and begone with his head :P

Honestly though, this deserve a new thread of its own ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 24, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »
How ironic, a judge is trapped in his own jail.
The ironic is a judge can be trapped in his own jail. Westmoor Judge in his own dungeon prison that he built for himself 8)

Letter from Prandur TithOnanka   (5 hours, 11 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (54 recipients)
Region Takeover Prevented (2 hours ago)
Sir Antonious Turner, Priest of Church of Humanity, Lord Justice of Westmoor, Ambassador of Westmoor has stirred up a mob of religious fanatics in Bruck, and attempted to take control of the region! Defending forces could arrest the priest and disperse the mob.

Howcome the priest isn't in my dungeons then? Bug?

Prandur TithOnanka
Supreme Justice of Fontan, Count of Braga
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 24, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »
I *think* there may be a hidden timer, as well. Once they have been wounded/imprisoned, there is a certain time you have to wait before you can arrest them again. Also, they may not still be fully recovered, even though they are "OK".

I have been waiting for him, just in case he really was wounded and there was a hidden timer. But it doesn't seem that way as, since he is a diplomat too, appears to have been slowing down the TO. I still have no option to pick him up, although I should since there is a TO going. Is this intended behavior?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 24, 2012, 02:10:12 PM »
I have been waiting for him, just in case he really was wounded and there was a hidden timer. But it doesn't seem that way as, since he is a diplomat too, appears to have been slowing down the TO. I still have no option to pick him up, although I should since there is a TO going. Is this intended behavior?

Please send me the details—which region, which character you are, and which character he is—in a private message, so I can check the whole situation and see if it's operating as intended.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan