Author Topic: Beluaterra Map  (Read 20975 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Beluaterra Map
« Reply #45: April 06, 2011, 02:29:07 AM »
One could save a set of graphics to use on the BT map as an image file, then use image editing software to make some clever manipulations via layers to create the final map.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 06, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »
I'd say, mess a little more with sea land borders, maybe take some land(especialy from the blight), add some ocean and add more variation in vegetation on blight and snow.
i really like the jungle down south, but one of the small cities has to go, maybe turn it into a townsland, perhaps the city up north could also become a stronghold?
also turn some cities in old mesh Heen into townslands or strongholds.
Beluaterra should be different and allot smaller.
Don't you think?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #47: April 06, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »
Actually, my plan for converting the coastline was to copy+paste some of the existing coastlines with the texture I want. That would necessarily alter the size and shape of the continent, and I think, why not?

After all, unless BT is some sort of bizarro parallel AT (They share borders, and even Cori is shared between the two), then the chances of two landmasses shaped exactly the same, with the same size, surrounded by ocean, in different geographic locations, would make the chances already near zero by geological perspective. From some more humanities perspective, the fact that the borders are exactly the same is not so much a problem, though still highly unlikely and contingent on the condition that the two continents are nearly identical physically.

That all aside, I just think if we are going to follow through with this idea, that we might as well make a nice change to BT's landscape to differentiate it from AT at a glance, not only from the now-old rumors about inhuman invaders.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 07, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »
I think I may try to re-create the BT map into something new. Doesn't look like I'll be able to find an AoWEd file of the BT map anywhere. I'll show you what I've got in a few days. :-X
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 07, 2011, 03:08:57 AM »
I think I may try to re-create the BT map into something new. Doesn't look like I'll be able to find an AoWEd file of the BT map anywhere. I'll show you what I've got in a few days. :-X

Why not just go about it the same way Gias went about creating the Dwilight map?
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 07, 2011, 06:07:10 AM »
What did Gias do?  :o
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 07, 2011, 06:11:58 AM »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 07, 2011, 08:02:48 AM »
Oh, forgot that Panzer did the initial work. Whoops :)
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.