Poll

How did you learn about BattleMaster ?

word of mouth
27 (54%)
search engine
5 (10%)
gaming website
3 (6%)
random (someone's forum signature, etc.)
10 (20%)
other
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: How did you learn about BattleMaster ?  (Read 23043 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
How did you learn about BattleMaster ?
« Topic Start: March 17, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »
Interested in this because I'd like to know which channels to use when we want to expand the playerbase again.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: How did you learn about BattleMaster ?
« Reply #1: March 17, 2011, 08:18:22 AM »
Interested in this because I'd like to know which channels to use when we want to expand the playerbase again.

By "again," I hope you mean "now"  ;D

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

WarMaid

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 17, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »

I chose "word of mouth" to define my brother dragging me to the computer and standing over me whilst I made my first two characters.  The only one he really cared about was the character I was starting on the War Island (Go Taselak!)

Incidentally, my brother came to the game through a friend of his, and I brought my daughter along a bit later. 

Friends don't let friends not try the game!
Kindon Family

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 17, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
One of my brothers got me and one of my other brothers to start playing.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: March 17, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »
I can barely remember when I first started playing BM. I wasn't very fluent in English and randomly joined this game. Played for a couple months then stopped b/c I did not understand anything people were telling me lol. After 2 years I came back to play and I actually enjoyed it :) but got into another game. Now I am back. :) What a great game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 17, 2011, 10:38:18 AM »
Found it on one of the browser game directory's that I frequent.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: March 17, 2011, 10:57:07 AM »
By "again," I hope you mean "now"  ;D

Yep, though obviously we have many priorities, so "again" meaning another time when we devote lots of effort and time into attracting new players.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 17, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »

I saw your sig on Slashdot.

"Back in beta (too many new features): BattleMaster"

The lure of something in beta with loads of new features was extremely compelling :-)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 17, 2011, 12:24:23 PM »
From a recruitment posting in another game to essentially come be a pawn of an OOC clan here >.<

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #9: March 17, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »

My friend kept talking about this game he was playing with knights and lords and realms and politics, and made me try it out. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #10: March 17, 2011, 01:32:02 PM »
Early in my first month in college I decided to search for "Free Online Multiplayer Games". I got to some site I don't remember anymore save that it had some blue on the side and a picture of a troll or something.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 17, 2011, 01:32:27 PM »
I was playing Legend Arena and a member of my clan posted a topic on a forum about a new game he'd been playing which he thought was 'worth checking out'. That was about six years ago now. Never went back to Legend Arena :P

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 17, 2011, 01:35:21 PM »
That's a very long time ago, but I must have been looking for unique multiplayer browser games via Google and somehow ended up at the best game there is ;)

You could also perhaps ask new players how they found Battlemaster at the sign-up?

cjnodell

« Reply #13: March 17, 2011, 01:57:05 PM »
I can hardly remember, but I believe it started with a google search and ended with a good description on a gaming website...

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 17, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »
My own "enlightenment" came about by reading a book from the library about how to use comps, (due to buying one on a whim without ever using one before) as there was a list of browser based games in a chapter on learning to use the web, and hey presto this was the one I luckily chose to try first  ;D
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"