Author Topic: Board Games  (Read 3849 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Board Games
« Topic Start: April 04, 2012, 01:07:39 AM »
Any cool board games people play/like/want to play?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Board Games
« Reply #1: April 04, 2012, 02:56:14 AM »
Diplomacy.  ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 04, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
Hahaha. That's one of my favorite board games now.

My friends suck at diplomacy, they are too trustworthy, honest and naive. They're all predictable, and I pretty much know who will be a trusty ally, and my enemy(my brother -.-).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 04, 2012, 08:43:56 PM »
Nothing beats face-to-face diplomacy, though. So good.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 05, 2012, 01:55:11 AM »
Hahaha. That's one of my favorite board games now.

My friends suck at diplomacy, they are too trustworthy, honest and naive. They're all predictable, and I pretty much know who will be a trusty ally, and my enemy(my brother -.-).

Well online at webDiplomacy where we have a BM game going on now you can do Anonymous so you don't have to worry about them being your ally or enemy based on who you are as much.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 05, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
Grew up playing Risk and still love it. At family reunions we usually have a game or two with the cousins.

Some other games I enjoy are Pandemic, Small World, Power Grid and Ticket to Ride.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 05, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »
Colonists of Catan, and Machiavelli (though that's no board game)

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 05, 2012, 06:49:52 PM »
Puerto Rico is the best of the dozens of good modern board games that I've played.  That or Race for the Galaxy which is similar but with cards.

I also like Kingsburg, which is unusual since it has so many dice yet surprisingly little luck as a result.

Alhambra is a good, slightly easier, game that I save for people newer to board games, and they always enjoy it.

I've really enjoyed Power Grid the couple of times I've played that, despite the fact we got the rules wrong a bit.

For a few more players, Bohnanza (bean trading card game) and Perudo (poker-like dice game) are very popular with a couple of different groups of friends.

San Marco, sadly out of print, is the prettiest game I've got, and is great for three people, though takes a while.

And for Pandemic is great with my family who don't like competitive games, since it's a co-operative one where you all team together to try to beat the game (ie save the world).

All these and far more, along with pictures, reviews and more, can be found at:

www.boardgamegeek.com

which is an excellent site for any board-game fan.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 05, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »
Agricola is my favorite board game thus far.  Power Grid is fantastic, as is Arkham Horror.  And I really need to get into the next game of Diplomacy that gets played!
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families