Author Topic: Fontan's Surprising Strength  (Read 44932 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan's Surprising Strength
« Topic Start: April 04, 2012, 09:45:43 PM »
A realm like this is likely to steamroll almost anything in its path. And even if the rest of the continent manages to get together and defeat them, they'll just pick up and move somewhere else, causing more grief as they take over another realm, and then even more as they proceed to use that realm to destabilize the entire area it's located in.

I agree they're spoiling the game for the original nobles of realms they join and I do not like the way they keep their ranks closed at all times, or how they come marching in a realm with immediate undying support of their clan-members, without giving the other side a chance.
I've had it happen to a realm of mine so I know it sucks and we were really fortunate to have a large enough power base of our own to ban them when they became too troublesome. And then I'm talking months of insults at my and the king's adress and the questioning of our every move, we tried to integrate them.. what can I say?

But... I also think that it is a good thing for EC that Fontan is punching above it's weight and managing a one on one war with Westmoor. If that war hadn't happened, it would have been a long and boring age of peace for EC once again.

And to be completely honest, because we had a comfortable power base in our realm, that was one of the times that we did have very serious internal conflicts that I enjoyed. Had we not had that solid powerbase... I can imagine it would've been very different though and I suppose that is what is happening in Fontan at the moment. Which really is deplorable.