Author Topic: Fontan's Surprising Strength  (Read 45086 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan's Surprising Strength
« Reply #120: April 06, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
And so, from this thread, we can learn one thing definitively:

Whether or not there is a clan that has taken over Fontan, the fact that there was a clan in Thulsoma, that took over Averoth, that shares some players with Fontan (and these facts are not, I believe, in dispute) has led to deep OOC bitterness and anger on all sides.

This, I think, is the worst danger of clans. The witch hunts. The recriminations. The belief, even years later, that your realm was destroyed unfairly by a clan you never had a chance against.

This is the sort of thing that can ruin a game's community. And this is why I appeal to those who did participate in the Saxon realms: Please, do not go around to any other realms en masse and take them over. You can have fun in this game without that. In the long run, you can probably have more fun.

And while being able to be certain of winning all the time may be fun for you, it destroys fun for other people, far beyond the direct effects of defeating them in wars and destroying their realms.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan