Author Topic: Fontan's Surprising Strength  (Read 45390 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan's Surprising Strength
« Reply #75: April 05, 2012, 05:43:52 PM »
I don't like this recurring witch hunt. It's a shame, a lot of people seem to have made their minds up a long time ago that 'Saxons' and/or clans generally are entirely a detrimental influence, probably cheaters, and we hear people crying wolf wherever they go. Well, it seems there is no cheating going on in the case of the Saxons. So if they're not cheating what's the point of this discussion. To just moan that OOC clans exist? Well sorry, but they do and will probably always exist. Clans inside the game have always been that bit better at communication/organisation. However, unless you decide to completely roll over, they're not going to steam roll all before them. They can be defeated.

Don't get me wrong, like many of the rest of you I can get uneasy around clan-gaming in BM. But my experience has been that generally, they can be defeated, their hegemony inside realms can be toppled - especially if they hold all power and influence to themselves. That's when good folk get resentful and start stabbing people in the back! What's more, clans have very often brought a lot of decent folk to the game in the first place. So y'know, for me, it isn't all one way. Clans can drive interest and engagement inside realms and make things more exciting.

But it annoys me that every time any of the players deemed 'Saxons' so much as look at someone funny in game, the issue immediately goes OOC and big threads start on the forum. Maybe it's a sign we're playing in a smaller pool these days. But it seems like the same players forever rubbing each other up the wrong way. Long ago you guys ceased looking at the actions of certain families in anything other than an OOC way and that's the worst thing of all for me. There doesn't seem to be a lot of respect from either side. Just bitterness and bad blood in every interaction.

I don't know what it would take to resolve things, but I would desperately like for you all to be reconciled to the point where you can fight your battles IC. Where the involvement of certain families didn't automatically invite hostility, scorn and a meta-flame war.