Author Topic: Fontan's Surprising Strength  (Read 45144 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan's Surprising Strength
« Reply #90: April 05, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »
The second you and your clan decided to use the family gold exploit, you ensured this was going follow you wherever you went. ... Did you really think anyone even vaguely involved in that would ever be trusted again? Really?

So because they used an exploit a year or so ago they are to be harangued and pilloried until they all leave the game? Fair play, that's not a glorious moment in their past. But there are players who have been done for multi-cheating and returned to be decent players. There are other people who have benefited from exploits and yet they're not being hounded simply for daring to still play. There doesn't appear to be any evidence at all the people you're talking about have returned to ill ways, so how long do you hold this against them?

Quote from: Velax
That last one doesn't "prove" anything. I just found it amusing.

Why even bother digging that up? Very petty.

This doesn't prove anything either, but I played in Bara'Khur when Vanimedle and a few of his OOC friends joined the realm. That they were a clique became known to Bara'Khur quite early on, but we got on with it and there was always a good amount of fun to be had in the endless internal politicking in the realm. When a Vanimedle eventually got into power, it was only after we of the old guard splintered and basically turned on each other. I endorsed a Vanimedle at that point and got into religion, though Bara'Khur was already on a path to fracture.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I actually had a good time when playing alongside a Vanimedle. Even if, occasionally, the existence of a clique did sometimes cause tensions. Maybe I'd have a different opinion if they'd actually won an attempted rebellion when I was briefly in power, but that's where game mechanics making rebellions one player, one character affairs come in. That and my mad rebellion skillz ;-)