Author Topic: Fontan's Surprising Strength  (Read 44906 times)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan's Surprising Strength
« Reply #15: April 04, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »
It sucks for the realms they are at war with. Who knows after they're done destroying Westmoor they'll maybe dream big and take Caligus off the map.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: April 05, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »
The Saxons destroyed Arcachon. They wanted to take over the government by protesting the ruler out and putting their own on the throne. 5 rebellions in the span of a week...

They should really stop doing this. Ruining realms on purpose... Didn't Tom say clans are allowed as long as they do not ruin other people from enjoying the game?

Well I enjoyed those rebellions but there were some very unhappy people as well.

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 05, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
It sucks for the realms they are at war with. Who knows after they're done destroying Westmoor they'll maybe dream big and take Caligus off the map.

You are assuming Fontan will actually destroy Westmoor.

Proof or no Proof, it is clear that Fontan are operating with questionable tactics, my personal belief is they are not playing in good spirit.

Dont count Westmoor out just yet ;)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 05, 2012, 01:55:06 AM »

Indeed. If I was in Caligus, Sirion or Perdan and I saw an ambitious Fontan that is THAT efficient, I wouldn't want it to have any more resources at it's disposal. Some may not like Westmoor, but I bet they consider Westmoor to be a lot more harmless.

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: April 05, 2012, 02:11:48 AM »
Fontan somehow magically took Greatbridge in one day. The region was at Core control too. I am curious how they learned so much about the mechanics of the game.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 05, 2012, 02:15:33 AM »
Fontan somehow magically took Greatbridge in one day. The region was at Core control too. I am curious how they learned so much about the mechanics of the game.

Hah. Sounds like magic indeed. :P

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 05, 2012, 02:50:49 AM »
Yeah, that's very interesting. Maybe some other forms of TO's are being used by the Fontanese.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 05, 2012, 03:46:33 AM »
Allow me to answer on behalf of Fontan. My character Brock is Banker there and we do not play powergaming or any Saxon for that matter.

Efficient military? Got complain...

Not efficient military? Got complain too...

How are we able to satisfy everyone in this world? ;)

Anyway back to the topic.

Do anyone know we are playing "Rebuilding" phase during Peace time. I guess Westmoor has been slacking their socks off during Peace time. So when old Gregor the Fontan famous Traitor scouted our regions, he was shocked beyond belief. Anyone with sane mind will have guess Fontan is ready to reclaim back their lost lands. After Fontan secede much land to form Nivemus, we have been training our men regularly. If not, you can tell me for what purpose we receive gold income? To send to our family character in other island? No, we have been preparing well for this war. Too bad Westmoor was caught with their pants down :P

Maybe you should ask a question like this: Why Westmoor thrown their 13K CS against 19K CS Fontan the other day?

All in all, we are not ruining anyone game here. In Fontan, the Government System is Democracy. We have our own political and military bickering too at the moment, of which, I cannot reveal here. I can hint to you however, why there is 1 lone Fontan Troop Leader moving around and looting without military order?  ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 05, 2012, 03:55:30 AM »
It's obvious that some groups of players have found ways to be extremely efficient within the game.

I fear their way of accomplishing this efficiency is through ruthless powergaming, i.e. maximum efficiency at the expense of fun, internal conflict, politics and all the other social details that make the game interesting.

I have no proof, which is why I've not acted, yet. But if I'm right, than these people would be better off playing some other game, where maximum efficiency is in fact wanted.
Tom, I not sure if you want investigate this. As one of my character in Fontan there as Brock, but if you check the messages that have been flowing in Fontan recently, I just checked today there are almost 50 messages flowing there. Rest assuredly, we are not powergaming. We just make use with what we have. You may take a look into our tax income, there is no need to share our tax income information here as Westmoor people are lurking around the post here  8)

Actually if Westmoor can gather more than that 13K CS against 19CS Fontan and destroy Fontan mobile army totally, Fontan is as good as dead. That is as good as a hint I can give out. Anyway why I am showing you about our Fontan secret? ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 05, 2012, 04:25:34 AM »
All that winking you did made me suspicious, but it's amazing how you managed to get 15 nobles in less than a week or two. Explain that, did all of sudden people want to say. "Hey, let's all go to this one duchy realm instead of going to the almighty Sirion or Perdan!" Nobody cares about your "Fontan secret" I just want to know how 55 nobles don't cash starve lords...

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 05, 2012, 04:29:43 AM »
Allow me to answer on behalf of Fontan. My character Brock is Banker there and we do not play powergaming or any Saxon for that matter.

Efficient military? Got complain...

Not efficient military? Got complain too...

How are we able to satisfy everyone in this world? ;)

Anyway back to the topic.

Do anyone know we are playing "Rebuilding" phase during Peace time. I guess Westmoor has been slacking their socks off during Peace time. So when old Gregor the Fontan famous Traitor scouted our regions, he was shocked beyond belief. Anyone with sane mind will have guess Fontan is ready to reclaim back their lost lands. After Fontan secede much land to form Nivemus, we have been training our men regularly. If not, you can tell me for what purpose we receive gold income? To send to our family character in other island? No, we have been preparing well for this war. Too bad Westmoor was caught with their pants down :P

Maybe you should ask a question like this: Why Westmoor thrown their 13K CS against 19K CS Fontan the other day?

All in all, we are not ruining anyone game here. In Fontan, the Government System is Democracy. We have our own political and military bickering too at the moment, of which, I cannot reveal here. I can hint to you however, why there is 1 lone Fontan Troop Leader moving around and looting without military order?  ;D

Of course you will say that, not like you would say otherwise to incriminate yourselves :)

We all know whats really going on anyways ;)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 05, 2012, 04:33:41 AM »
I'm sure you'll excuse us if we don't take the word of a person directly benefiting from this.

Fact is, you've got a person in there well known for running a clan. The same person was in Thulsoma and in Arcachon (a realm who also increased their CS far beyond what would normally be possible for a poor, tiny realm and had extraordinarily reliable movement). And the fact is you've got a 7-region realm with a combined mobile and militia CS of more than 30,000. That rings alarm bells.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 05, 2012, 04:43:52 AM »
All that winking you did made me suspicious, but it's amazing how you managed to get 15 nobles in less than a week or two. Explain that, did all of sudden people want to say. "Hey, let's all go to this one duchy realm instead of going to the almighty Sirion or Perdan!" Nobody cares about your "Fontan secret" I just want to know how 55 nobles don't cash starve lords...
Hmm, might as well accuse me of cheating then. I have been playing for years. Been on losing Oritolon war against Minas Thalion before Lukon grand entry into this 1 on 1 war on Colonies. Been on losing Fontan war against Sirion even with ally like SoA on East Island. Losing and winning gracefully is part of the game.

Ask your military council why they are not preparing well for the war in advance during Peace time. Do you know Fontan has been rebuilding all facilities and infrastructure in our Krimml city and all our regions which have been damaged badly during the great war? This does not happen overnight. As Banker, my character Brock has been requesting all lords to build Granary to store food and all sort of infrastructure 8)

15 nobles eh? That is a good question. Do you even know what you are asking? Let me ask you back. Some of the questions below can only be known by Bankers or Caligus/Perdan  ;D

• How about refugees from fallen realm of Ibladesh?
  • The Priests from Church of Ibladesh?
  • What is Ibladesh realm Diplomatic status with Fontan before Ibladesh fall?
  • Do Fontan sell food to Ibladesh as Ally?
  • Do Caligus/Perdan complain about us Fontan sell food to Ibladesh and both this realms will capture our Fontan realm Trader?

Of course you may not know all these, so I do not really blame you. But please take a moment to consider that there are other factors that we both may not aware of. Give everyone a benefit of doubt eh? Heh, I did not aware of any Ruler channels discussion or other private discussions going on. Unless someone such as Ruler copy and paste or even summarize what going on in Ruler channel, only does the whole realm know ::)

Let enjoy the war. Maybe this 1 on 1 Westmoor vs Fontan war will influence all other realms to participate. With Ibladesh fall, there has been peace in East Continent. After all, this is Battlemaster, not Peacemaster eh? ;)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 05, 2012, 04:45:17 AM »
I'm sure you'll excuse us if we don't take the word of a person directly benefiting from this.

Fact is, you've got a person in there well known for running a clan. The same person was in Thulsoma and in Arcachon (a realm who also increased their CS far beyond what would normally be possible for a poor, tiny realm and had extraordinarily reliable movement). And the fact is you've got a 7-region realm with a combined mobile and militia CS of more than 30,000. That rings alarm bells.
Velax, I do not know any Saxon in Fontan. Do enlighten me then so that I can make more conflicts to add on to our current realm infighting. There are arguments in Fontan currently among ourselves, we may lose Oberndorf and Commonyr by the time the elections dust settle :-\

Excuse my biased opinion too. But I try find balance in between, so I may give the tips below which everyone in military should have known by now.

One thing you all may agree or disagree with me. Zakilevo will agree with me here, military force does not grow impressive overnight. You want a better army that move together at same time? Train them regularly against monsters/undead. You want better men cohesion? Things do not happen over 1 week period. There are things that require time to train. Do not tell me you can train your Men Cohesion to 70-80% in 1 week from a raw recruits.

Do not forget Westmoor had possession of Krimml city and destroyed a lot of infrastructure/buildings there. You cause us Fontan an extensive damage and you expect Peace from us, not War? You do not even want to compensate for the damages done. You are joking, right? This is what I say from Fontan perspective. IC, this is what my character Brock and most of my realmmates see after our dear Chancellor Ruler informs us of Westmoor not willing to compensate us  ::)

Zakilevo will be the right person to explain how Westmoor turned against Fontan during the end of Fontan vs Sirion war. Westmoor took advantage at that time when our Krimml city peasants revolted and joined them. Do you see me complaining and griping in forum about how Westmoor did not want to return Krimml city to Fontan? Until Sirion needs to step in. Heh, guys, stay cool 8)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:57:16 AM by Ketchum »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 05, 2012, 05:06:07 AM »
I think we all gotta cool down and have a break. There are always 2 sides to a story, as there are 2 sides to a war. You are looking from your side perspective and I am looking for my side perspective.

Of course should Tom find any irregularities whether within Fontan or Westmoor or any other realms for that matter, I stand corrected  :)

You certainly do not want to know how my character Brock can be elected as Fontan Banker even after he went and broke all Unique Items in his past days as Adventurer. Relationships and gaining realmmates trusts do not happen overnight either. I even had my other character in Sirion by the name of May Ketchum, who got deported to Colonies. Been wanting to have Brock from Fontan and May from Sirion battle against each other during Sirion vs Fontan war. Oh, well. Maybe some other day, I can coolly wait for that day 8)