Author Topic: Fontan's Surprising Strength  (Read 44435 times)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan's Surprising Strength
« Reply #30: April 05, 2012, 05:07:18 AM »
If it weren't for Sirion interference, Fontan would have probably been down to it's last region... Also that information you said about priests of Ibladesh, interesting information for Perdan don't ya think. ;)
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 05, 2012, 05:23:37 AM »
Hmm, I think they replaced all their pack and war animals with pokemon. That explains their rapid economic and military buildup. ;)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 05, 2012, 05:25:18 AM »
All that winking you did made me suspicious, but it's amazing how you managed to get 15 nobles in less than a week or two. Explain that, did all of sudden people want to say. "Hey, let's all go to this one duchy realm instead of going to the almighty Sirion or Perdan!" Nobody cares about your "Fontan secret" I just want to know how 55 nobles don't cash starve lords...
I do not understand how our forum is working here. Why the innocent one has to prove themselves not guilty? I have a few messages asking me or the whole Fontan realm for gold as they have receive less tax gold during tax day. We all even set our men to be pay at maximum 9 days. Do not forget Fontan army does loot tax gold of Westmoor lands. Does this not answer your question?

If you are still asking for proof, please log an issue at Magistrate for further investigation if you suspect us of any hanky panky. Provide proof too. Below are but a small part of messages proof I can show you. My character Brock the Banker does not have even 100 gold to spare this poor Dame as he command big Archer unit.

=====
Letter from Yvonne Peugeot   (12 days ago)

Lord Ketchum,

I do apologize for taking your time, but I was wondering if I may take out a loan from the treasury. My unit has become quite experienced and I am now unable to pay for their services. My intent is to transfer them into militia as soon as I can pay them off to raise a another unit.

Thank you for hearing my request,

-Dame Yvonne
Yvonne Peugeot (Dame of Negev)
=====
Report from Brock Ketchum
(Personal message to Yvonne Peugeot)
You have successfully transferred 50 bonds to Yvonne.

Tax is coming tomorrow.
Brock Ketchum
Minister of Finance of Fontan
=====
Unit Status Report
Your men are getting really angry about the lack of gold in their purses. You haven't paid them for 8 days now.
Morale of your troops falls 7 points.
=====
Paraphernalia Report
Your Scouts are complaining about not having been paid for 8 days. Unless you pay them, they can desert.
=====
Looting Activity

Someone from our realm has robbed the tax gold of Greatbridge (Westmoor).
=====

Can you show me the proof there is a bug in tax in Fontan realm? Please do not accuse innocent players who are also playing in Fontan 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: April 05, 2012, 05:27:50 AM »
Velax, I do not know any Saxon in Fontan. Do enlighten me then so that I can make more conflicts to add on to our current realm infighting. There are arguments in Fontan currently among ourselves, we may lose Oberndorf and Commonyr by the time the elections dust settle :-\

Excuse my biased opinion too. But I try find balance in between, so I may give the tips below which everyone in military should have known by now.

One thing you all may agree or disagree with me. Zakilevo will agree with me here, military force does not grow impressive overnight. You want a better army that move together at same time? Train them regularly against monsters/undead. You want better men cohesion? Things do not happen over 1 week period. There are things that require time to train. Do not tell me you can train your Men Cohesion to 70-80% in 1 week from a raw recruits.

Do not forget Westmoor had possession of Krimml city and destroyed a lot of infrastructure/buildings there. You cause us Fontan an extensive damage and you expect Peace from us, not War? You do not even want to compensate for the damages done. You are joking, right? This is what I say from Fontan perspective. IC, this is what my character Brock and most of my realmmates see after our dear Chancellor Ruler informs us of Westmoor not willing to compensate us  ::)

Zakilevo will be the right person to explain how Westmoor turned against Fontan during the end of Fontan vs Sirion war. Westmoor took advantage at that time when our Krimml city peasants revolted and joined them. Do you see me complaining and griping in forum about how Westmoor did not want to return Krimml city to Fontan? Until Sirion needs to step in. Heh, guys, stay cool 8)

Don't forget Fontan still got good players and lots of Ibbies joined the realm.

As for Fontan vs Sirion, as usual Westmoor became opportunistic when the city joined Westmoor. Westmoor refused to give back the city. Sirion has to do the job of returning the city :/

Ketchum, having Vanimedle'- famous for being hive minded- in your realm will piss people off. Go through the list of recently joined nobles and you will see many of them have a character in Aurvandil.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 05, 2012, 05:29:44 AM »
If it weren't for Sirion interference, Fontan would have probably been down to it's last region... Also that information you said about priests of Ibladesh, interesting information for Perdan don't ya think. ;)
Well, like I say, you can do whatever you want to do. After all, Westmoor is born from Perdan flesh, is it not? Perdan is your Mother land, surely Mother does not want see their child getting hurt.

Or you may even invent any evidence IC and show to Perdan/Caligus/Sirion for that matter. This has happened in previous wars and it will continue to happen in future wars.

Just Warrrrr...... Let the blood spillllll...... Let all realms take sidessssss.... Heh.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: April 05, 2012, 05:29:51 AM »
I do not understand how our forum is working here. Why the innocent one has to prove themselves not guilty? I have a few messages asking me or the whole Fontan realm for gold as they have receive less tax gold during tax day. We all even set our men to be pay at maximum 9 days. Do not forget Fontan army does loot tax gold of Westmoor lands. Does this not answer your question?

If you are still asking for proof, please log an issue at Magistrate for further investigation if you suspect us of any hanky panky. Provide proof too. Below are but a small part of messages proof I can show you. My character Brock the Banker does not have even 100 gold to spare this poor Dame as he command big Archer unit.

=====
Letter from Yvonne Peugeot   (12 days ago)

Lord Ketchum,

I do apologize for taking your time, but I was wondering if I may take out a loan from the treasury. My unit has become quite experienced and I am now unable to pay for their services. My intent is to transfer them into militia as soon as I can pay them off to raise a another unit.

Thank you for hearing my request,

-Dame Yvonne
Yvonne Peugeot (Dame of Negev)
=====
Report from Brock Ketchum
(Personal message to Yvonne Peugeot)
You have successfully transferred 50 bonds to Yvonne.

Tax is coming tomorrow.
Brock Ketchum
Minister of Finance of Fontan
=====
Unit Status Report
Your men are getting really angry about the lack of gold in their purses. You haven't paid them for 8 days now.
Morale of your troops falls 7 points.
=====
Paraphernalia Report
Your Scouts are complaining about not having been paid for 8 days. Unless you pay them, they can desert.
=====
Looting Activity

Someone from our realm has robbed the tax gold of Greatbridge (Westmoor).
=====

Can you show me the proof there is a bug in tax in Fontan realm? Please do not accuse innocent players who are also playing in Fontan 8)

It is mentally healthy for you to avoid using the forum.  8)

Forum = your daily source of stress and ridicule.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 05, 2012, 05:30:37 AM »
The Saxons destroyed Arcachon. They wanted to take over the government by protesting the ruler out and putting their own on the throne. 5 rebellions in the span of a week...

Well, it did all go downhill from there.

We had about 40 nobles, of which 25 were Saxons (double characters mostly)... We got rid of them after some excruciating rebellions after they tried to seize power, but as it turns out, with our depleted strength, our realm just got wiped out later.

If the Saxons have taken over Fontan, I'm pretty sure Ketchum won't have noticed (yet). It took me and a few others in Arcachon quite a while to grasp exactly what the hell they were doing (for a while I believed it was just innocent politicking). Im sure there are innocent players in Fontan like Ketchum. But I learnt the hard way that no Saxon can be trusted, IC or OOC. For a while I thought that many of the players in Arcachon were dedicated, just like Ketchum does here, before I started putting the dots together. No realm should have to face something like that.

I hope for the sake of the good players in Fontan they figure out what's happening to their realm, before it's too late and the clanners have seized power. I'm sure 15 nobles in two weeks isn't the last we hear of the population boom in Fontan.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 05, 2012, 05:51:51 AM »
Well, like I say, you can do whatever you want to do. After all, Westmoor is born from Perdan flesh, is it not? Perdan is your Mother land, surely Mother does not want see their child getting hurt.

Or you may even invent any evidence IC and show to Perdan/Caligus/Sirion for that matter. This has happened in previous wars and it will continue to happen in future wars.

Just Warrrrr...... Let the blood spillllll...... Let all realms take sidessssss.... Heh.

I mean that Perdan is chasing down any remnants of the CoI meaning if Fontan doesn't get rid of them... Yeah, you get the point :o
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 05, 2012, 05:54:28 AM »
It is mentally healthy for you to avoid using the forum.  8)

Forum = your daily source of stress and ridicule.
Zakilevo, thank you for your reminding. Then you will have nobody from Fontan to state their side perspective on current war, in forum. Look to me I am the only player bother to check in forum. If not, I do not even know there are so many Westmoor players perspectives against Fontan. I will keep less time checking on forum then  8)

If the Saxons have taken over Fontan, I'm pretty sure Ketchum won't have noticed (yet). It took me and a few others in Arcachon quite a while to grasp exactly what the hell they were doing (for a while I believed it was just innocent politicking). Im sure there are innocent players in Fontan like Ketchum. But I learnt the hard way that no Saxon can be trusted, IC or OOC. For a while I thought that many of the players in Arcachon were dedicated, just like Ketchum does here, before I started putting the dots together. No realm should have to face something like that.
Well, this is entirely out of my control then especially about the clanners part. Should Tom, Developers or Magistrates find out there is any hanky panky, I stand being corrected. Please show me the proof, do not simply say and open a topic in forum just complaining and griping about how we could have abuse the game mechanic. Especially when you know war preparation and planning, army strength and all sort of things that go to war machine, all these stuffs do not happen overnight.

I already say my earlier Fontan perspective. The Krimml city where Westmoor refused to compensate us Fontan for the damage, this is one of the major reasons that most of Fontan people do have. You may choose to disbelieve me on account of me alone against so many Westmoor people talking here. You can ask those Fontan people who are there at the time when Westmoor control Krimml city, dont ask those 15 new nobles joining in, as those 15 are not there. The truth is out there, like that X-Files TV Show always say. It may get distorted as in "History is written by the victor"  :P

But if there is no hanky panky, what do you think you want to say to me later on? Heh. All in all, let focus on playing our part in the current war. If you not on in this war, come join us but invent more evidence or just plainly say you hate that guy. War had happen before on even a flimsy excuse.

After all, I as player OOC strictly speaking, I am thinking my character Brock and whole Fontan have been misled by our dear Chancellor IC. Oh, well, that is one more conflict I can play and act out too IC, to add on to additional conflicts we already have now  ;D

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 05, 2012, 06:15:51 AM »
I mean that Perdan is chasing down any remnants of the CoI meaning if Fontan doesn't get rid of them... Yeah, you get the point :o
Yeah, I get your point. That's why I put to you that there is indeed priests of CoI joining Fontan. You should know the priests better than I am, then why not you use this to your tactical advantage? Do not ask me suggest how to bring downfall of Fontan because like you stated, I can biased ;D

Don't forget Fontan still got good players and lots of Ibbies joined the realm.

As for Fontan vs Sirion, as usual Westmoor became opportunistic when the city joined Westmoor. Westmoor refused to give back the city. Sirion has to do the job of returning the city :/

Ketchum, having Vanimedle'- famous for being hive minded- in your realm will piss people off. Go through the list of recently joined nobles and you will see many of them have a character in Aurvandil.
Zakilevo, heh. All of those Westmoor people think that those characters in fallen Ibladesh will migrate to other islands. Nobody even think they will and can take refugees in other realms. Perhaps they are too biased in their opinions as so am I  :P

Vanimedle eh? I will look those 15 people up. Some old timer people may be going for rebellion as they protest a newcomer taking up a Vice Marshal role. As they not abusing the game mechanic so far, there is no strong case. I trying to be unbiased here, should anything suspicious happening in Fontan realm, I will keep you all updated  ::)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 05, 2012, 06:17:12 AM »
Should Tom, Developers or Magistrates find out there is any hanky panky, I stand being corrected.

He has, and they have.  Repeatedly.  There is considerable, replicated, and game-balance affecting evidence that something not right is going on, and Tom, the Devs, and the Magistrates have discussed the situation several times.

However, at the same time, since the family gold exploit in Thulsoma there has not, so far as I know, been any recorded instance of outright cheating.  Powergaming aplenty, but powergaming, in and of itself, is not something that Tom or the Titans or Magistrates has actually punished before.  They do incorporate others into their efforts, as has been repeatedly demonstrated, so they do not fit the definition of an excluding clan.  It also makes it difficult to sort out who is who, and what to do about the situation.

That does not mean that the situation is not questionable.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 05, 2012, 06:24:48 AM »
He has, and they have.  Repeatedly.  There is considerable, replicated, and game-balance affecting evidence that something not right is going on, and Tom, the Devs, and the Magistrates have discussed the situation several times.

However, at the same time, since the family gold exploit in Thulsoma there has not, so far as I know, been any recorded instance of outright cheating.  Powergaming aplenty, but powergaming, in and of itself, is not something that Tom or the Titans or Magistrates has actually punished before.  They do incorporate others into their efforts, as has been repeatedly demonstrated, so they do not fit the definition of an excluding clan.  It also makes it difficult to sort out who is who, and what to do about the situation.

That does not mean that the situation is not questionable.
Thank you for your timely reply. I am really worry not for my own sake. I am not innocent either as I have character in Fontan. So please do not judge me as all fair and all innocent, all pure white yet  8)

If I get what these discussion right so far, you all complaining, suggesting, griping how Fontan army grow stronger, why 15 nobles all joined Fontan.

To the first part about army, Zakilevo has stated too, I am not the lone "biased" voice as some of you call me here. Time and training, my fellow Battlemasterians! Are you all sleeping during Peace phase? Peace Phase is also known as Building and Rebuilding Phase, is it not? Do not blame enemy for your incompetence in war, blame your General for leading you all to a wasted defeat of 13K CS against 19K Enemy CS. Why your military launched that ill-fated attack knowing not enough CS for a win? Elect, appoint better General like Zakilevo who unintentionally spelled out Fontan strategy. Heh. ::)

To second part about 15 nobles join Fontan in 2 weeks. Well, war attract people. Wrong and right kind. It cannot be avoidable, I am human too. The player playing character in Fontan are all human too. Please bear in mind there are many old timers and innocent players in Fontan. As biased as you maybe in Westmoor perspective, do take this into consideration as well.

Developers, If you wish to investigate, please perform investigation on everyone in the realm. Nobody should be spared, not even me. For all you know, maybe I am even bluffing here. Heh. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:30:17 AM by Ketchum »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 05, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »
Thank you for your timely reply. I am really worry not for my own sake. I am not innocent either as I have character in Fontan. So please do not judge me as fair and all innocent yet  8)

If I get what these discussion right so far, you all complaining, suggesting, griping how Fontan army grow stronger, why 15 nobles all joined Fontan. To the first part about army, Zakilevo has stated too, I am not the lone "biased" voice as some of you call me here. Time and training, my fellow Battlemasterians! Are you all sleeping during Peace phase? Peace Phase is also known as Building and Rebuilding Phase, is it not? Do not blame enemy for your incompetence in war, blame your General for leading you all to a wasted defeat of 13K CS against 19K Enemy CS. Why your military launched that ill-fated attack? ::)

If you wish to investigate, please perform investigation on everyone in the realm. Nobody should be spared, not even me ;)

I'm not complaining about anything with regard to Fontan.  All of my characters are currently paused, and I have no stake in a war between Fontan and Westmoor in the slightest.  I haven't had a character on the EC in a while, and when I did, he was in Perdan solely because he wanted to fight in a big war and die a glorious death.

I am also familiar with using peace as a preparation for war.  And as I pointed out, nothing about the previous situations (excluding Thulsoma) and I don't really doubt that nothing about the current situation is cheating, nor, in fact, is it likely a violation of the social contract.  I'm familiar enough with the playing style that I think I know what kinds of people are involved, and they are playing how they would with friends.

That does not change the fact that the situation is an imbalance in the game.  Either others will need to start using their methods (which many in the game once did, as some of the older players will recall Abington, Perdan and others at their strongest) which many would prefer not happen as things then were often stressful, or something will need to be done to ameliorate or remove their influence.  That's not an easy situation, or an easy decision.

That all doesn't mean that the situation is not one for concern.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 05, 2012, 06:56:45 AM »
Do not forget Westmoor had possession of Krimml city and destroyed a lot of infrastructure/buildings there. You cause us Fontan an extensive damage and you expect Peace from us, not War? You do not even want to compensate for the damages done. You are joking, right? This is what I say from Fontan perspective. IC, this is what my character Brock and most of my realmmates see after our dear Chancellor Ruler informs us of Westmoor not willing to compensate us  ::)

Let me explain something from the Westmoor side.

Former King Flaylen refused to return Krimml to Fotan, causing the issue.

After Flaylen was removed via protests, former King Maedros ascended to the throne and attempted to mend the fence between Westmoor and Fontan. He formally apologised over the incident and formally ceased all claims and rights to Krimml and acknowledged it belonged to Fontan. We attempted to make peace and heal the wounds, Fontan was never interested in this.

I also will remind you that Fontan and Sirion heavily damaged the city when you forcibly retook it. Dont blame this on Westmoor when it was your own fault for causing the damage to it.

Prior to the ceasefire, Westmoor sued quite vigorously for peace. We agreed to halt our forces within Westmoorian lands while we held diplomatic discussions with your Ambassadors. Yet, during this time, Fontan kept sending forces into our lands, striking at our nobles and plundering regions for tax gold.

After we agreed to the ceasefire we put together a fair and just peace agreement which Fontan refused to accept. Even Sirion's leader agreed it was a reasonable peace proposal that we had put forth.

Instead you make unreasonable demands for insane amounts of gold for damage to property your own forces made, try to make claims on Westmoorian lands, attempt to impose unreasonable military restrictions on our bordering regions.

No, Fotan never wanted peace. Just breathing room so they could rebuild.

I accept the issue over Krimml and what happened, former King Flaylen made a mistake on that part which caused hostilities between the two realms. But after he was removed, Westmoor made attempts more than once, to rectify the situation.

What attempts or efforts did Fontan make at all, if any??

None.
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 05, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
This thread is not for the discussion of IC grievances between Fontan and Westmoor. You already have a thread for that, just below this one. Go use it.