Author Topic: Fontan's Surprising Strength  (Read 44491 times)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan's Surprising Strength
« Reply #45: April 05, 2012, 08:43:35 AM »
For what its worth the only really odd thing Fontan has managed is raising 19K CS off a tiny realm. I'm still not entirely sure how they've done that and I'm a fair hand with the spreadsheet of doom.

So far their military movement has been fairly good by EC standards, but certainly not at the level of say, Perdan or the BT realms.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 05, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »
It's more than 30k, actually, according to the stats. And that was a week ago. Some of that might be militia, but militia still needs to be paid.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 05, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
I have noticed during the first battle  Westmoor had mostly infantry and very litle of everything else.
Fontan on the hand had a considerable amount of cavalry, archers and special forces, despite having less infantry than Westmoor
This diverse army is what counted more than just the CS scores, in my opinion.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:21:46 PM by mikm »

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 05, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
"My side is losing, the other side must be cheating." :|

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 05, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
Heh, the typical response from one of the "Saxons". Might want to do your research first, though. I don't have a character in Westmoor, and don't really give a !@#$ about that realm one way or the other. What I do care about, though, is powergamers and clanners ruining the game for those realms they attack. Maybe it's not technically cheating, but you are having a detrimental effect on people not in the same realm as you. And often for those that are in the same realm, if Arcachon is any example. Averoth, Thulsoma, Arcachon, Caerwyn, Auvrandil, now Fontan. Will it stop at some point, or will you just keep infecting another realm when you eventually and inevitably lose in your current ones?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:10:53 PM by Velax »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 05, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »
This seems a Joke, everyone wonders about Fontan? Fontan have been like that all the time, after Fontan's Defeat, everyone stayed there, what you see now is the same military leadership you saw in the past, what happens now is that Fontan is fighting only 1 realm when the realm used to fight multiple front at same time, that's hows Fontan have been, and will be until you send 2 or 3 realms against Fontan how have been happening in the past.

We planned every single attack as soon the peace was settle, Fontan were building the strength over recruiting and training troops daily, while Westmoor was, well........planting flower or something, and as soon the war started Fontan was over recruited.

The initial fight who decided the current curse of the war was a mistake of Westmoor to send 13574CS vs. 19417CS, and after that battle Fontan has 14766CS running around Westmoor provinces. That man and those people you saw that joined Fontan did it after that battle.

Total:
18 attackers (861 Inf, 293 Arch, 40 SF)
40 defenders (538 Inf, 83 MI, 508 Arch, 146 Cav, 217 SF)
Total combat strengths: 13574 vs. 19417

Yes i am part of Fontan (if you haven't noticed by now) is not that i am defending a bad thing, in case it were happening, what makes me angry is the poor conclusion many of you make at first glance, Westmoor have the strength to overrun Fontan,  but instead doing so, their leader just waste turns running around Oligarch, while Fontan loot their regions, these are the things they should focus more, by now i have farmed more than 100 golds looting just two regions from Westmoor, that's where Fontan's income  comes from.

In the peace time you used to read 1 or 2 messages per day, now i have to spend hours reading troughs more than 100!!

Peace!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:34:16 PM by Sonya »

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 05, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
Honestly, I think Tom and his team can sure go about and solve this issue but really that solves nothing. What if they just move to a different realm? What if they just get deleted? Were just passing along the problem.

I think we should see how this all develops and take it from there. I mean if we the players can't protect ourselves then were not doing so great ourselves. I see this as sure a opportunity for them to take over Fontan and who knows maybe bash Westmoor in a bit or we can see this as a new threat and go have some fun with it. There are enough reasons ic to protect certain realms with out talk of saxon invasion.

Personally, this might give some more life to EC. Saxons or not (leaning toward saxons) we should have some fun with it. *Coughs* I recall the old Fontan and the dstoryed Avarmar had a run in with a clan.

I think my character would consider them more a faction that has rose up probably of lesser nobles that are trying to make something of themselves and eventually need to be put in there place.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 05, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »
Fontan somehow magically took Greatbridge in one day. The region was at Core control too. I am curious how they learned so much about the mechanics of the game.

There was no magic. We put 13K CS in the region and looted it to the ground for three turns. Personally I expected it to take a turn or two longer, but clearly the game does allow a three turn TO or it couldn't have happened.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: April 05, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
I think we are all overexaggerating, let's see how the war turns out, if Westmoor wins where will the talk of Saxons go? Also, Sonya, I'm pretty sure you can't get 100 gold from looting rural regions....
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 05, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
Velax, Velax, Velax do you accuse every realm of cheating when they do something you don't think is possible?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 05, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »
Velax, Velax, Velax do you accuse every realm of cheating when they do something you don't think is possible?

No one is accusing Fontan of cheating.

Indeed, several of us have stated that we believe that every single thing they are doing is probably legal and above-board.

It's the combination of all these things into a single realm that causes problems—not because it's against any rules, but because it upsets the balance of the game, and causes deep anger and resentment among the players, both for the realm that did this, and for the GMs who were unable to prevent it because it was not against any rules.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 05, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »

Maybe it's not technically cheating, but you are having a detrimental effect on people not in the same realm as you. And often for those that are in the same realm, if Arcachon is any example.

Reading is not your forte, apparently.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: April 05, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »
Anti-Saxon clan anyone?

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: April 05, 2012, 04:15:49 PM »
It's pretty much this: Players heard from other players or on the forums that Fontan got ina  war with Westmoor. They remember how old and fun Fontan is, so they make a new character for Fontan in order to save the realm. I mean hell, if they lose this war they're goners - they only have 1 city.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 05, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
Sirion is a fun realm to be in as well. If you like winning....