Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 241956 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #300: April 20, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »
Did you miss the part where Haktoo was annoyed with Hireshmont for trying to get the Zuma to do what he wanted?

Again, I don't really buy it. It's possible we have a Terrence 2.0 situation where the Haktoo chats with everyone except the people alleged to have said or done something, but I don't think so.

Hireshmont hasn't communicated with Haktoo in over 20 days. The sum of the communication he has received from Haktoo in the last 30 days is:
Roleplay from Haktoo   (25 days ago)
A single female Zuma comes to you and speaks, "Haktoo thanks you for your information. The one known as Allison has just arrived in our lands to talk, so this will be getting questioned as, if it is as you say, and as it appears, that is not acceptable."

Maybe from that I'm supposed to derive, "Haktoo is deeply upset with Hireshmont and will take the next opportunity to support an enemy of Terran because of a personal vendetta against Hireshmont." Not sure how, but maybe.

Again, I'm not saying Haktoo doesn't have some kind of reasoning. And I'm not saying I expect to know it. I'm just saying I don't buy the reasoning as presented here in this thread. If it really is that... I'm disappointed in the Zuma GM, because it's the same thing all over again: zero communication, no warning or evident provocation, massive army attacking Terran, chilling effect, long delay until anything fun happens again. But I don't think that's what's going on here.

I'm enjoying the squabbling over who really controls the Zuma in the ruler channel, while ignoring the obvious possibility that the Zuma are a civilization with a sentient—clever, really—leader.  Why would they not pursue their own agenda?

I'm assuming they are pursuing their agenda, or at least Hireshmont is. Hence the characterization of Allison as a Zuma lackey, and not vice versa.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner