Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 241986 times)

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #660: May 08, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
I have kept myself away from posting on the forum since the start of this conflict, mainly because its gives me a bad taste in my mouth as things seem to almost tip over into ooc-drama. But I feel myself forced to post here now.

I am a player who always have been intrigued by the Zuma, I think they add spice and flavor to the game. And I find it funny that people always tend to get highly annoyed whenever they are involved in anything.

And beeing an Asylon player, I am a bit puzzled that Haktoo suddenly got all buddy-buddy with Kabrinskia, but maybe im just jelaous, since I and others of Asylon really put some hard work into getting friendly with the Zuma, But its clear to me now that it was a waste of time befriending Garret, who I enjoyed exhanging letters with, both IC-wise and OOC-wise, and the fact that he and I worked for a mutual beficial goal, peaceful and good relations on the common border between Asylon and the Zuma, we sold food, we did our best to apprehend Terrance(but later I was informed by Haktoo to let it be, he was no longer important) and most of all, we left the Zuma in peace, doing our best to not annoy or disturb them, just as we where told to do... So by playing by their rules we kinda lost it...
(bah, now i am starting to sound bitter so enough about my hurt feelings  ;).)

Adressing some comments previous in the thread, dont remember who said it, and I am not combing the thread backwards to quote.

1. Asylon isnt really ganging up on Kabrinskia, she have been poking us and provoking us with demands and threats for as long as that nation has existed, we have played nice as we was more focused on getting stability in our nation that doubled or trippled over just a few days/weeks. Eventually we had enough when she was threatning us that she would set the Zuma on us if we got involved in the war.

We joined the war in a defensive manner, NO Asylonian troops have EVER crossed the border into hostile territory, we have ONLY defended Terran lands in Terran.
So Yes, atleast I knew that there was a small chance for the Zuma to join in, but I found it HIGHLY UNLIKLEY, since I thought our friendship with them was worth more, guess I was wrong.

2. "Why dont you invade the Zuma"/"Dont whine, just fight them!"
Well, first off, I have devouted alot of time to get friendly with them, and to guide Asylon and many of our anti-zuma nobles to accept our neighbours and to avoid conflict, since I was/is a Zuma fanboy OOC-wise.
Plus, I have scout reports from our southern border where we can see around 30 000 - 38 000 CS of Zuma forces, and that is NOT counting Fang Fang, so even if i was out for blood, I would not send Asylonian forces against overwhelming odds.

Lastly I think we are at very interesting times in the game atm, and I cant wait to see how this will play out... I already have 2-3 potential paths my character will take from this conflict, and I pray to the Gods that I dont have to take either of the last two of thoose, for there is no comming back if you take the path of a zealot...
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.