Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 242357 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #720: May 08, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
Also, to people saying that we should treat the Zuma as any other realm - that is not possible. Apples and oranges. "Any other realm" would have real flaws, such as troop movement not being 100% coordinated, individual player desires, and the possibility of destruction. I would personally have been fine with Astrum and/or Morek entering the war on Kabrinskia's side - they, at least, have equal risks to take. This is simply untrue for the Zuma.

What about having the entire realm completely paralyzed, militarily and diplomatically, when one person (who's often busy) doesn't have time to log in for a few days? Not just scared to move anywhere that the control-freak General hasn't told them to, or worried about messing up diplomacy that the ruler hasn't communicated to them, but completely and totally unable to do anything?

This has happened multiple times recently. Many people here have taken the inactivity as some kind of fiendish scheme—Fang Fang's sitting there, getting stronger! Look at him!—when in reality, the Zuma GM was simply inactive. (And, as the Zuma GM has posted recently, Fang Fang was not, in fact, getting any stronger.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan