Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 241906 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #735: May 08, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »
Also, to people saying that we should treat the Zuma as any other realm - that is not possible. Apples and oranges. "Any other realm" would have real flaws, such as troop movement not being 100% coordinated, individual player desires, and the possibility of destruction. I would personally have been fine with Astrum and/or Morek entering the war on Kabrinskia's side - they, at least, have equal risks to take. This is simply untrue for the Zuma.

The only difference between the Zuma Coalition and any other realm is that other realms have several players.  The Zuma don't have an infinite number of NPCs, nor infinite CS, nor infinite gold.  They could be overrun and wiped off Dwilight if people put their mind to it.  To my mind, surviving for as long as it has is a tribute to the diplomatic and psychological skills of the people that have taken up the responsibility of GM over time.  Further, the current Zuma GM is one of the nicest, most decent players in the game (so clearly, it's not me).  They fully understand the responsibilities and limits of the role, and having speculative accusations routinely heaped upon them does take a toll.