Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 241420 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #735: May 09, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »
Personally, I don't find it credible either that a large military coalition would be allowed to/could wipe the Zuma out. The "get used to the Zuma" rhetoric implies exactly that.

Only if you assume that we're all deliberately crafting our forum posts to stay on-message.

Seriously, do you not see that it's "get used to the Zuma" as opposed to, "fine, you win, we'll just delete the Zuma right now"?

It has nothing to do with their military defeatability.

Personally, I don't know if Tom would artificially augment the Zuma if they turned out to be losing. I don't know his official position on this. But I sort of doubt it. Based on his policies in other places, I think his attitude would be along the lines of, "If they got defeated, then they deserve to be gone, and if you defeated them, you deserve their land."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan