Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 241635 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #75: April 09, 2012, 05:39:32 AM »
For that to start, someone has to pull the trigger. I don't know that that will happen. Sure, Allison is a loose cannon, but she's also very adept at gauging just how far she can go before truly Bad Things happen to her. If she ever messed up it was only once, when she seceded Aegir, but even then she managed to claw herself out of the abyss by setting off the war between Astrum and Caerwyn.

Yup.

I see one of three results:
1. One of us slips up/decides to escalate and it becomes a full-on fight between Kabrinskia and allies and Terran and allies.
2. We fight back and forth, looting, then get some kind of brokered settlement
3. We fight back and forth, no settlement is reached, we drive the frontier area rogue, and it remains that way as we periodically march across the wastes to loot each other

Not gonna lie: I'm hoping for #3. The idea of a constantly contested, depopulated border wasteland where both sides are committed to hurting the either, but neither side is powerfully interested in actual conquest, sounds entertaining to me. I can just imagine the RP where young nobles of Terran cut their teeth by staging daring raids into Kabrinskia (and vice versa).
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner