Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 242265 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #765: May 09, 2012, 05:10:32 AM »
You don't have to keep the regions, just TO them all, kill the daimons, and then let the regions go rogue. You really think that someone is going to fight those who defeated the Zuma? Anyone capable of defeating the Zuma is someone that I would want to be friendly towards, not hostile, lest they do the same to me.

1. That would result in vast monster hordes hitting us all the time, making it difficult to launch any further wars. You can't just leave rogue lands like that. Especially a volcano known to spew out daimons.

2. That's bullcrap about "If you can beat the Zuma, you can beat anyone." Your allies against the Zuma might not be your allies against some other realm. You might have tactics that would work against the Zuma better than against human opponents (RTOs stand out in my mind). That is serious political naivete if you think that just because a realm can knock off the biggest kid on the block that suddenly everyone will be buddy-buddy with them.

You shut it down. Your character could choose to continue their war. On the other hand, your goal was to kick them out of Terran lands, so your stated goal was to sit in your own regions doing nothing.

This is total crap. So I am making Terran's characters sit boredly in our lands? By stalling on peace offers and trying to find new avenues of attack, by launching raiding parties over the mountains, by trying to arrange a plausible way to clear the Zuma from Demyansk, I am causing stagnation? Because Hireshmont won't order suicidal attacks at armies with twice the CS of Terran's, I am the source of stagnation? That's nonsense, and you know it. Terran's stated goal was not to kick them out. Terran's stated goal was to punish Kabrinskia for breaking the treaty. Terran's behavior before the Zuma arrived clearly indicated that policing our own borders was not our whole objective. And Terran never claimed it was.

No, more plausibly, the source of stagnation is the 10,000 CS unit controlled by one player which arrived nearly unannounced and now, two or three weeks later, despite inquiries, still hasn't been explained.  Maybe, just maybe, that is the source of stagnation. But maybe I'm just crazy in thinking that giant armies sitting indefinitely on contested borders, never advancing, never retreating (do daimons not need to refit, I guess?) are a source of stagnation. Of course, that's kind of the definition of stagnation.

Really? It's a coincidence that as soon as TMP was disabled, after massive whining on the forums, that the same people turned around and found something else to complain about?

I actually do not know what you are talking about. I didn't complain about TMP. I'm not sure if Perth did either, or Graeth, or Glaumring. Talk about paranoia.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner