Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 241919 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #795: May 09, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »
Haha, I was down there soon after it was made public members of Kabrinskia were making frequent contact with the Zuma.  Your ambassadors just sat there threatening and insulting Haktoo.  It was not well received.  Not surprised they said they didn't make contact.

Except we didn't send "ambassadors" in the case I'm talking about. I know what you're referencing; when Eben and Quintus went. And Quintus insulted Haktoo (and got productive responses, actually: the only time anyone from Terran ever has. Lesson learned: insult Haktoo and you get productive responses), but Eben didn't.

But more recently (but still before the war) we sent another, and got no response. He didn't send any insults.

Asylon has ended anything. Its a ceasefire. We are waiting for something.

Oh and the Terran ambassador to the Zuma was extremely confrontational. Terran went from jewel in the crown with lots of sympathy to almost impossible to help without looking like dorkbags in the process. The whole set up before the Kabrinskian conflict was cut and dry, not this fiasco. They started a war on two fronts, you can finish a war on two fronts... Just never start there.

There isn't a war on two fronts. Nor a fiasco. How you can go from "We're invading Kabrinskia RIGHT NOW!" to "We're pulling out of the war!" in less than 24 hours, on multiple occasions, will remain amazing to me.

Oh, what's this? Some valid reason why the Zuma didn't talk all friendly-like to Terran? I am shocked. Shocked, I say! ::)

I'm not. We've never tried to be buddy-buddy with the Zuma.

What you call a limited war is a 3 on 1 gang bang to those on the receiving end of it.  Especially since Terran and Kabrinskia were fairly evenly matched to start with.

You mean when you surprise attacked our monster-clearing team?

All you wanted to do was humiliate Allison with a guaranteed victory for Terran by bringing in the rest of the moot.

You mean when we brought in less than half of one of our ally's armies, and D'Hara stayed out of it?

And as you just admitted you tried numerous times to stop Allison fro speaking with the Zuma.

We tried to prevent everyone from speaking with the Zuma. Why do you think we harassed and isolated Garret so much?

Asylon has pulled out of the war now. Barca seems to have its own problems internally. Terran forces have disappeared from scout reports.  either Terran is pulling out of the war as well or they are moving through Asylon regions to attack from the west (which will pull Asylon back into the war unless they are willing to let us chase down Terran forces in Asylon regions.  Though I doubt that they will allow that. And that will be enough to get Astrum involved in the war. so I hope so see Terran forces attacking from the west soon.  Then we can turn this into a real war.  with real consequences.

I think you have a very naive understanding of BM politics.

For the record--since the war declaration, how many CS of Terran troops have the Zuma destroyed?

Maybe about 500 CS. They attacked, we retreated, they only caught a straggler. If they were destroying our armies I wouldn't be complaining. I'd much prefer that, as I have said now at least 50 times.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner