Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 242617 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #810: May 10, 2012, 04:24:25 AM »

Okay, maybe that was mostly Chenier complaining about both TMP (Too Much Peace, not Manifest Path) and the Daimons. Sorry.

Here's what I've been trying to say:

Have we seen wars decrease since TMP was removed? No, and I'd even argue the contrary happened. But mostly, at least now the realms in circumstances that make war unreasonable aren't getting butt-!@#$ed by game mechanics. I remain convinced that removing TMP was a good idea. Because if a realm at war getting ravaged by TMP isn't a clear enough indicator that the mechanic worked poorly, I have no idea what would be.

Also, Katayanna, I can't believe you actually believe any of the stuff you spout OOC. Allison went on to provoke a bunch of allied realms. Terran  declared war, sure, but that's because closed borders don't exist, and the move was fully justified. Furthermore, Kabrinskia was the one who attacked first. Terran has a allies. A bunch of them. And Allison went to disturb the hornet's nest.

However, instead of everyone going full on against Kabrinskia as our treaties would normally dictate, we held back in hopes of preventing escalations. Terran promised not to do takeovers. Asylon said she wouldn't enter Kabrinskia's lands. D'Hara has held back from participating as well. Barca, the poorest and most remote of all of Terran's allies, is the only one who sent true support.

Don't act like a victim, seriously. Allison sought war with all of her neighbors. The only reason everyone is holding back is because we don't feel like fighting Astrum. But Astrum doesn't scare us. We don't want to fight it, but if we stop holding back, we are quite confident in our ability to crush Kabrinskia and defeat whatever Astrum sends to save your sorry ass.

Allison is influential, but she has many enemies. Everywhere. And we aren't dumb like the north-westerners were.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron