Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237027 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #30: April 07, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. While the Church doesn't always approve of what Allison is doing, more often than not it is easier just to turn a blind eye...

Also, don't underestimate how irritating Hireshmont is. My character still hasn't forgiven him for his attitude toward the situation in Demyansk a few months ago. If he's been treating Kabrinskia the same way then the provocation runs both ways.

I figure that Allison went to provoke Terran precisely for that reason after Machiavel failed to make a show out of her provocation efforts. Machiavel's as proud as any other Chénier, but expresses it differently. Too proud to allow himself to be provoked, if you will.

Also quite paranoid of all his neighbors and the deals Allison may have with them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chaotrance13

« Reply #31: April 07, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »
Taking a stroll through the woods is not provocation. You guys just have thin skin. Seriously.

In all reality both sides knew this war was going to happen, and both sides wanted it to happen. The only questions was "who is going to declare it first?"

I had an insane urge upon reading this to go "WAAAAAAGH!". *shrugs*

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #32: April 07, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
You are clearly oblivious to the campaign of provocation led by Allison against D'Hara and Terran this last month.

This would be true as Katayanna only recently was made a full member of the church... so I cannot respond to this with any detail.

though to be honest about it Katayanna would have supported anything against Dhara as she wants her realm back.... lol or at least part of it. she wants to turn it to a SA theocracy and she makes no secret about it... nothing personal against the players that took it from her, but she will seek their characters destruction if given the chance.  She may never get the chance but that does not mean she does not dream of such an opportunity (in fact I like the players of most of them personally).
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 07, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »
Heh, it's hardly 'taking a stroll' when you preach along the way. And considering what SA did in Storms Keep (inciting the populace against Thulsoma), I'm not too keen on having them having a majority presence in my realm, too.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 07, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »
This would be true as Katayanna only recently was made a full member of the church... so I cannot respond to this with any detail.

though to be honest about it Katayanna would have supported anything against Dhara as she wants her realm back.... lol or at least part of it. she wants to turn it to a SA theocracy and she makes no secret about it... nothing personal against the players that took it from her, but she will seek their characters destruction if given the chance.  She may never get the chance but that does not mean she does not dream of such an opportunity (in fact I like the players of most of them personally).

Funny considering how she was the one who got D'Hara on the bad side of SA and how she was the one who wanted to leave to found another realm.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 07, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
A new war is breaking out   (19 minutes ago)
Asylon has declared war on Kabrinskia.

So the moot and Asylon decided to just hand SA the continent on a silver platter? All these war declarations surely aren't going to turn this 1 on 1 into yet another SA own-fest, are they now? Oh wait, they are.

The nr. 1 reason why SA is so powerful is because it's enemies are stupid.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 07, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »
So the moot and Asylon decided to just hand SA the continent on a silver platter? All these war declarations surely aren't going to turn this 1 on 1 into yet another SA own-fest, are they now? Oh wait, they are.

The nr. 1 reason why SA is so powerful is because it's enemies are stupid.

SA is in all of Kabrinskia's enemies.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 07, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »
In case this truly become a religion thing, I am not sure how much can SA really do. Morek and Corsanctum are far away, and Astrums strength is diminished due to the lack of nobles. New realm like Aslyon and Barca have grown, too, so it could be an even  war in my opinion until such a time when Zuma joins either of the sides and spoils everything.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 07, 2012, 07:53:30 PM »
SA is in all of Kabrinskia's enemies.

Is that your only defense against the might of the theocracies?

Don't get me wrong, I wish you all the best of luck, but you're gonna get owned.

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: April 07, 2012, 08:10:04 PM »
No worries. I don't know about other theocracies but Astrum isn't going to help Kabrinskia unless moot people start ganging up on Kabrinskia.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 07, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
Aren't the moot people already ganged up on Kabrinskia?

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #41: April 07, 2012, 08:16:45 PM »
Funny considering how she was the one who got D'Hara on the bad side of SA and how she was the one who wanted to leave to found another realm.

She was a bit mad back then it is true, but her madness has left her and she saw the light of the stars.... lol.

When the Rebellion happened she had already made arrangements to put SA temples in Dhara and that was foiled bu the rebellion.

Especially since she was only a day from stepping down from ruler when the rebellion happened.  She does not forget those who betrayed her thus....
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #42: April 07, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »
No worries. I don't know about other theocracies but Astrum isn't going to help Kabrinskia unless moot people start ganging up on Kabrinskia.

I have to agree, Realms are already doing just that.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 07, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »
Aren't the moot people already ganged up on Kabrinskia?
No, maybe your ruler does not share anything with the rest the realm's but Terran has said it will not take land and the two realms who joined said they will only defend Terran lands even if Terran decides to attack Kabrinskia. Also Asylon is not apart of the moot but a realm ruled by a SA member. Also Terran doesn't mind the preaching as it is not against SA at all, with a duke actually being a previous elder of SA (Labell). Terran's reasons for war are that Terran was angered by Kabrinkskia from something before I came to Dwilight so they decided to ban all nobles of Kabrinskia from entering. Kabrinskia says that it never intruded but I have heard several cases which Allison tries to say don't count.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 07, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »
Indeed, my ruler didn't share this, so I am nudging him to do it.

I didn't know that this war is only a defensive war, however, I am not sure how doable such wars are. I definitely expect this to escalate.