Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237082 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #45: April 07, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »
While I do not think it will be unique in all of BM history, I do believe the battles will be quite interesting. Let me leave that as a teaser, and just comment that I can't wait to see some of the battle reports. Particular ones.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 08, 2012, 12:50:01 AM »
Asylon has joined the war to honour its alliance with Terran. There are foreign troops in Terran and we swore to uphold Terran sovereignty. Our kingdom is merely in Terran to defend the border, once Kabrinskia leaves the region and relations return to previous Asylon goes home, we are not an invading force nor do we wish to take Kabrinskian territory. If on the other hand our own territory is attacked we will retaliate. Asylon's place is difficult because of long relations with Terran and then having kinship with Kabrinskia. The fact is we have nothing against Kabrinskia, they are merely on our allies land and that make it difficult for us not to do something about it when we swore to uphold our alliance. If Kabrinskia is pushed back and the border restored is all we want.

The #1 thing is that Asylon does not make alliances of convenience and we do not make entangled alliances, we have 2 alliances and we stick by them. If Astrum and Kabrinskia had asked for alliances before we would have considered it at the time. They did not, so we are where we are now.

We desire a return to previous standings and a cessation of the conflict in the west lands.

We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 08, 2012, 12:54:35 AM »
Is that your only defense against the might of the theocracies?

Don't get me wrong, I wish you all the best of luck, but you're gonna get owned.

How? It would be a war where SA was actively in combat with SA nobles... How does that work out? How can that possibly unite all of the SA theocracies together against a common foe? My lands hold multiple SA temples, we have many SA followers, peasants and nobles, as does Terran and D'Hara. If anything a conflict of that sort would tear SA apart and would set back SA years in its drive to bring more people to the flock. I was a consul in the church built the first temple in Asylon in Vakreno heaps even during the threats and reign of Caerwyn. Terran has had temples and faithful in their lands for decades, as has D'hara. If anything... You just got owned.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 08, 2012, 01:50:24 AM »
That, or you simply paved the way for further SA expansion  ;D

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 08, 2012, 03:30:30 AM »
Expand where? They do not have enough nobles.  What has happened is quagmire, the SA fundamentalists are unable to do away with the moderates. And you'd be surprised how few the actual fundamentalists are.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 08, 2012, 03:42:46 AM »
Glaumring is right that there is a shortage of nobles to really force expansion in the manner that was done with Caerwyn. But then again, so far I don't think anyone wants to totally wipe out another realm which that would require.

The inability to wipe out and recolonize the land is going to make this a bit of a different war. The final objective will be to win concessions from the other side, and not land. (Or at least no more than a token region or so.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 08, 2012, 08:18:04 AM »
Mech Alb and Elets, pls.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 08, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
The inability to wipe out and recolonize the land is going to make this a bit of a different war. The final objective will be to win concessions from the other side, and not land. (Or at least no more than a token region or so.)

Maybe SA is not interested, but would the 'moot not like to make their own colony in Golden Farrow?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: April 08, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »
Terran has already stated they don't want any land out of the war. Unles Kabrinskia really bungles something, they'd have a hard time changing their goal that much. It is something that would surely bring in Kabrinskia's allies.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 08, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
Terran has already stated they don't want any land out of the war. Unles Kabrinskia really bungles something, they'd have a hard time changing their goal that much. It is something that would surely bring in Kabrinskia's allies.

Like Kabrinskia burning their regions to the ground making them go rogue, perhaps Asylon's as well? If they don't go offensive over that they are really wimps.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 08, 2012, 05:48:29 PM »
I am pretty sure this will escalate if Kabrinskia attacks Asylon's regions. That would cook things up as Asylon would then retaliate. Since Allison should want their allies to interfere, and knowing her character, I think it's likely this will happen.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 08, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
Like Kabrinskia burning their regions to the ground making them go rogue, perhaps Asylon's as well?
Have they done this yet? If they have, I haven't heard about it.

I am pretty sure this will escalate if Kabrinskia attacks Asylon's regions. That would cook things up as Asylon would then retaliate. Since Allison should want their allies to interfere, and knowing her character, I think it's likely this will happen.
There is a point where Allison's allies can no longer ignore/rationalize her attempts to provoke an escalation of the war. We're not idiots.

Vigilans

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: April 08, 2012, 07:16:31 PM »
    Letter from Hireshmont II Vellos
    Message sent to the Rulers of Dwilight (18 recipients)
    Fellow rulers,

A priest of Kabrinskia has been sitting in Terran's land for over a day now. He has been asked politely to leave on several occasions. He has been told by his superior in the church that his presence is not required, and yet he lingers.

This is a provocation which Terran cannot ignore.

As I stated earlier, we shall declare war. We shall not pursue an invasion of Kabrinskia unless Kabrinskia sends a military invasion against us first. We have tried peaceful means, and Kabrinskia has rejected them. Now, we are compelled to take more drastic measures.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Hireshmont II Vellos
    Chief Magistrate of Terran

As you can see, Terran will not simply be defending for this war. They stepped onto our soil so now their land is fair game IMO.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: April 08, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
Have they done this yet? If they have, I haven't heard about it.

I believe those are their intentions...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 08, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »
If the war escalates the only one to suffer the most will be Kabrinskia. All the other nations are close enough to attack deep into Kabrinskian lands. If Astrum joins they will help even the odds a bit but ultimately time and distance will devour any statistical advantage.