Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236883 times)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #105: April 10, 2012, 08:05:33 AM »
Oh, that's just hilarious. I will remember this war as, "What happens when BM players get bored."

That is just funny to think about it like that..... lol :)
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: April 10, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
.. totally don't get that trader nonsense to be dead honest.

a trader can only trade if someone in the realm makes an open offer... he doesn't have to step inside a realm to trade with that realm. only reason he might pop inside is to trade with someone beyond that realm..

-
perhaps there should be a trade partner status without going into alliance? (trade has.. open, allies only, realm only atm... war would also stop trading)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:35:55 AM by fodder »
firefox

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #107: April 10, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »
.. totally don't get that trader nonsense to be dead honest.

a trader can only trade if someone in the realm makes an open offer... he doesn't have to step inside a realm to trade with that realm. only reason he might pop inside is to trade with someone beyond that realm..

-
perhaps there should be a trade partner status without going into alliance? (trade has.. open, allies only, realm only atm... war would also stop trading)

That sounds like a good idea, maybe you should put it in the appropriate thread.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: April 10, 2012, 09:46:38 AM »
-

There is one in the new treaty system. It's just not implemented yet.

The Trade Agreement grants common traders of the signing parties to trade at each others market places.
As long as this treaty is in effect, the parties can send caravan missions to each others regions.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: April 10, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
yeah... but it still doesn't explain that stuff about traders popping into a realm and what not. it's not the 1st time i've seen it in dwi.

i think it's solaria or some such had some silly rule about having to talk to banker before trade... but if are not inside the border, how are you supposed to know that? if all you see is open deal, how are you supposed to know you are not meant to buy it?

only thing that i can think of in terms of damage a trader is... scouting. or if he's got a unit.. a bit of looting. P/T is still not allowed... so can't be priest.

---
i thought the treaty stuff is dead in the water.. and would require a revamp anyway...
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: April 10, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »
He violated a treaty.

Nothing further is required. No harm needs to be demonstrated.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: April 10, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
See, GoldPanda? It's all D'Hara's fault. That D'Haran trader violated a treaty. "Nothing further is required."

I knew that if we tried hard enough, we could pin it all on D'Hara. Now can we all just forget about this silly border squabble and get on with the real business at hand: Invading D'Hara!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #112: April 10, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
See, GoldPanda? It's all D'Hara's fault. That D'Haran trader violated a treaty. "Nothing further is required."

I knew that if we tried hard enough, we could pin it all on D'Hara. Now can we all just forget about this silly border squabble and get on with the real business at hand: Invading D'Hara!

That works for me. We can tie up Tarran, barca, and Asylon forces while Astrum and Morek and the Lurians invade Dhara!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: April 10, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »
yeah... but it still doesn't explain that stuff about traders popping into a realm and what not. it's not the 1st time i've seen it in dwi.
I would bet that most/all of those treaties were written before the new trading system was implemented. Back then, you had to physically travel to the region to trade with it. Treaties like this will pretty much be ridiculous under the new system.

i think it's solaria or some such had some silly rule about having to talk to banker before trade... but if are not inside the border, how are you supposed to know that? if all you see is open deal, how are you supposed to know you are not meant to buy it?
If an order is available for you to trade on, then trade on it. If they didn't want you to fill it, they shouldn't have posted it, or posted it in a more restricted manner.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #114: April 10, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »
That works for me. We can tie up Tarran, barca, and Asylon forces while Astrum and Morek and the Lurians invade Dhara!

Oh I forgot the Solarians too....

Divide Dhara up like a failed business an sell it to the highest bidder....

I want Port Raviel back so I will bid high on that city.... lol

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: April 10, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
I was born in Port Raviel, making my claim there the strongest!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: April 10, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
Oh I forgot the Solarians too....

Divide Dhara up like a failed business an sell it to the highest bidder....

I want Port Raviel back so I will bid high on that city.... lol

The Solarians are Lurians... ;)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #117: April 10, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »

My Bad sorry no insult intended

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: April 10, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
We let no trader into our realm. We let a trader into Faithill. Again, all clearly available fact. That trader then traveled as far as Vashgew despite repeated warnings. A second trader also showed up and went as far as Vashgew. Again, this is all simple fact. ICly characters can think whatever; Allison is welcome to believe that Terran made up a just-so story. But OOCly, it really did happen. And to cover it up, your traders really did insult Terran's banker to our judge's face, then insult the judge to the region lord's face.

All the while, of course, we were trying to get murderous settings to work. Wasn't until too late we learned that, as long as your traders kept moving, we couldn't touch'em.

Just for clarification sake for those OOC interested in what happened, here is my side of the story. (I absolutely love how this War was started and I'm guessing I was one of the pieces involved in it):
I assume the second trader was my character, as I believe there were only two Traders in Terran at any time. He just saw Peace with Terran and, unaware of any diplomatic relations beyond the official ones, travelled through their lands, assuming it was fine since both Realms are at Peace (Rather naive, but ok). He actually came from Via of Asylon, travelled to Shokalom, and then planned to head for the next City of Chateau Saffalore. My character was already in Terran's lands for a few days. He was actually contacted by the Magistrate of Justice in Mistight, not Lavendrow (He never arrived through that region since he came from Asylon). This was about 5 hours before the reset, and since Adam was already travelling, he arrived in Vashgew before he read the letter.

He answered the Magistrate after reset, explaining himself as a new Noble, unaware of relations, requesting to travel through Terran's lands and trying to indicate he meant no harm. When he read the Grandmistress' Orders to return, he also send another letter that he was going to head back immediately, which he did (Going via Lavendrow this time to head back the fastest way). In Adam's talks with the Magistrate, he was thanked for the respectful explanations and his aid against the rogue forces earlier, his request for an exception to be made for him being rejected and being explained that he really should contact the Banker next time. I don't think my character was insulting to the Magistrate (unless the Magistrate was being sarcastic in his answers), though I cannot speak for the other Trader obviously.

I've been very pleasantly surprised at the events that happened and let us all please continue on with all our claims IC of what really happened :) My character did violate any treaty there may have been between Terran and Kabrinskia (as he was unaware of it), but he had gotten the impression he was forgiven as a young clueless Noble making a mistake (Which he was, and was also the way he tried to talk his way out of it). He was therefore also very unpleasantly surprised to hear the reasons for the War declaration afterwards. I just enjoy seeing how this all developed and figured I'd share my side of the story as well if any are interested in it. Of course, I cannot speak for the actions of the other Trader or the Priest etc., this is just Adam's part.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:35:50 PM by Telrunya »

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: April 10, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »

They are Larians!
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell