Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236879 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #120: April 11, 2012, 12:26:29 AM »
See, GoldPanda? It's all D'Hara's fault. That D'Haran trader violated a treaty. "Nothing further is required."

I knew that if we tried hard enough, we could pin it all on D'Hara. Now can we all just forget about this silly border squabble and get on with the real business at hand: Invading D'Hara!

D'Hara has no treaty with Kabrinskia, and was never told to stay away from it.

The same can't be said about Terran and Kabrinskia. They had treaties, and warnings were given.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: April 11, 2012, 03:46:17 AM »
Aren't you moot people just one big political group that signs group treaties? Honestly, I have no idea what the treaties Kabrinskia signed were. All I know is that we all wanted this war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: April 11, 2012, 03:54:06 AM »
Aren't you moot people just one big political group that signs group treaties? Honestly, I have no idea what the treaties Kabrinskia signed were. All I know is that we all wanted this war.

While the Moot can collectively negotiate, it does not always, and the treaty with Kabrinskia certainly was not.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: April 11, 2012, 04:14:44 AM »
While the Moot can collectively negotiate, it does not always, and the treaty with Kabrinskia certainly was not.

Indeed. United but independant.

Much like provinces can make agreements that bind them with others without binding the rest of the country.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: April 11, 2012, 04:17:12 AM »
Yeah and Asylon is an observer that does all the heavy lifting. 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: April 11, 2012, 05:00:24 AM »
We <3 Asylon!
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: April 11, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
We <3 Asylon!

Finally some love for Asylon!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: April 11, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »
We <3 Asylon!

I thought that meant he was tea bagging you. :P

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: April 11, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
I thought that meant he was tea bagging you. :P

Waaaaaaahhh!

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: April 11, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
Indeed. United but independant.

Much like provinces can make agreements that bind them with others without binding the rest of the country.

So the other member entities aren't party to any agreements signed by any one member, but they're definitely going to jump into any war begun by said member.  That's quite the racket you're running. ;-)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: April 11, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »
Well Asylon has a defensive alliance with Terran. Terran declared war, but Kabrinskia entered Terran territory thereby activating the treaty. If Terran had of declared war and then invaded Kabrinskia they would be fighting alone right now.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #131: April 11, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »
Well Asylon has a defensive alliance with Terran. Terran declared war, but Kabrinskia entered Terran territory thereby activating the treaty. If Terran had of declared war and then invaded Kabrinskia they would be fighting alone right now.

I see Asylon as doing the honorable thing by keeping their word to Tarran, I am sorry we are going to have to fight you guys. We will of course send you home in pieces....

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: April 11, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »
So the other member entities aren't party to any agreements signed by any one member, but they're definitely going to jump into any war begun by said member.  That's quite the racket you're running. ;-)

No, not quite. There are restrictions on foreign diplomacy.

But, broadly speaking, it's a reasonable arrangement. We pledge to defend each others' borders. None of us are obligated to attack anybody on behalf of the others. And you'll notice D'Hara hasn't declared war: the terms of the Moot are really quite flexible as they regard foreign diplomacy. So, yes, as long as Terran didn't hit first, as long as we could plausibly be defending, D'Hara and Barca (and Asylon through a separate treaty) are obliged to support us. None of those realms are obliged to support us in an invasion of Kabrinskia. And, so far, Asylon has pledged strictly defensive support, and I expect them to keep that commitment, D'Hara isn't entering the war at all, and Barca, even if they do help offensively (they have made no public commitments one way or another), is quite far away, so of only limited help.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: April 12, 2012, 04:42:21 AM »
Is Kabrinskia going to be able to maneuver out of Terran?  I tried challenging Asylon to honorable combat not sure if they are gonna accept. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: April 12, 2012, 04:45:34 AM »
Is Kabrinskia going to be able to maneuver out of Terran?  I tried challenging Asylon to honorable combat not sure if they are gonna accept.

YEah, we expected you to keep marching home. We got all confused when you didn't. Now Terran's north is very awkward.