Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236889 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #135: April 12, 2012, 05:44:45 AM »
Now Terran's north is very awkward.

Aw, that's cute. It must be growing up.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: April 12, 2012, 05:57:15 AM »
Geronus, when is Astrum gonna shake off the cob webs and get involved?  Better keep in practice if you want to remain the big kid on the block.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #137: April 12, 2012, 06:15:41 AM »
Ya, come join the fun.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: April 12, 2012, 06:56:14 AM »
Is Kabrinskia going to be able to maneuver out of Terran?  I tried challenging Asylon to honorable combat not sure if they are gonna accept.

We are enjoying the group maneuvering and picking off Kabrinskian stragglers. Har har ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #139: April 12, 2012, 07:11:35 AM »
Only those that did not follow orders to the letter......
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #140: April 12, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »
Thanks for teaching them the importance of following orders.... lol

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: April 12, 2012, 08:01:29 AM »
... you can just see it can't you... loads of armies sitting around dug in...
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: April 12, 2012, 03:13:53 PM »
Geronus, when is Astrum gonna shake off the cob webs and get involved?  Better keep in practice if you want to remain the big kid on the block.

Heh, no they don't actually. Summerdale and Libero are fighting each other. Iashalur won't be big for a while. The only threat to Astrumite hegemony is Kabrinskia. If Astrum's goal is to be the dominant player in the Occidental north, their optimal strategy is to undermine any other realm that seeks hegemony. That means Kabrinskia, because Terran's foreign policy is quite credibly aimed elsewhere. Nobody can make the case that Terran has a foreign policy geared towards northern hegemony.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: April 12, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
Why would Astrum join in? You seem to be doing just fine on your own. I mean, you did tell me you didn't want help. Something like "As long as it's Terran and Barca I'm happy". Well, it will only be Terran and Barca invading you, so, have fun!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #144: April 12, 2012, 03:54:32 PM »
Why would Astrum join in? You seem to be doing just fine on your own. I mean, you did tell me you didn't want help. Something like "As long as it's Terran and Barca I'm happy". Well, it will only be Terran and Barca invading you, so, have fun!

Your forgetting about Asylon now

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: April 12, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »
Asylon isn't invading Kabrinskia. And as long as its only Terran/Barca invading Kabrinskia, I'm content to watch. Of course, if you provoke Asylon to invade you, then enjoy your crushing defeat.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: April 12, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »
Well, I could always go behind Brance' back and try to raise an army of my own. Kind of like you did to help Virovene back in the day. Heh.

That's probably not in the cards though. Lysander isn't thinking along those lines at present. I don't know if you noticed, but he's actually preaching in Kabrinskia as we speak. Just switched over to priest, and I need practice. Lysander is more hawkish than Rowan was, but the current conflict doesn't interest him. Too secular.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: April 12, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
Asylon isn't invading Kabrinskia. And as long as its only Terran/Barca invading Kabrinskia, I'm content to watch. Of course, if you provoke Asylon to invade you, then enjoy your crushing defeat.

Meh, right now, no crushing defeat looks imminent. Terran won't be able to pose an existential threat to Kabrinskia for a very long time, lol.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #148: April 12, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »
Meh, right now, no crushing defeat looks imminent. Terran won't be able to pose an existential threat to Kabrinskia for a very long time, lol.

This is true enough. Barca forces have not yet arrived on the front lines.  When and if they do it will begin to be a tough fight.
depending on what they send.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: April 12, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »
This is true enough. Barca forces have not yet arrived on the front lines.  When and if they do it will begin to be a tough fight.
depending on what they send.

lol, with refit times in the 2-3 week range, Barca is not going to radically tip the scales.

The big strategic questions in this war will be:
1. Asylon's response time to invasions of Terran
2. Relative strategic cleverness and activity of Kabrinskia and Terran
3. Whether or not Terran can starve out Kabrinskia faster than Kabrinskia can impoverish Terran

So far, Kabrinskia is winning on all three categories. We'll see in the long run though.