Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236888 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #315: April 20, 2012, 08:27:03 PM »
In this case, you were attributing the knowledge of the ownership of the Aegis not to Brom, but to "Everyone on Dwilight".

What? I'm really confused as to what this is supposed to mean?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: April 20, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »
What? I'm really confused as to what this is supposed to mean?

In the message I replied to, reiterating the "you found it, you don't own it" thing, you were saying that "Everyone on Dwilight knows Brom Silverfire has Brom Silverfire's aegis, which just happens to have historic Zuma significance," as opposed to "Everyone on Dwilight knows Brom Silverfire has the Zuma's aegis."

This was all in the context (as I understood it, at least) of Lurians knowing why the Zuma might want to hunt down and/or kill Brom.

Thus, who Brom thought the true owner of the Aegis was wouldn't matter in this case.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: April 20, 2012, 08:34:53 PM »
In the message I replied to, reiterating the "you found it, you don't own it" thing, you were saying that "Everyone on Dwilight knows Brom Silverfire has Brom Silverfire's aegis, which just happens to have historic Zuma significance," as opposed to "Everyone on Dwilight knows Brom Silverfire has the Zuma's aegis."

This was all in the context (as I understood it, at least) of Lurians knowing why the Zuma might want to hunt down and/or kill Brom.

Thus, who Brom thought the true owner of the Aegis was wouldn't matter in this case.

Ahh, well Brom thinks that if you find something you own it. Doesn't really care about it saying "of the Zuma" except for the prestige/power it'd bring him.

*I* on the other hand, understand the whole situation. Brom doesn't see it as everyone on Dwilight knowing he has the *Zuma's* Aegis because he sees it as his own. *I* on the other hand, see it as quite interesting of a circumstance.

The Lurians want Brom hunted down (or some of them rather), but whther or not they use the Zuma to do it is different.

Namely: Brom knows everyone knows that he has possession of the Aegis. Who they decide owns it is another matter.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #318: April 21, 2012, 12:52:10 AM »
The Glowing Aegis of the Zuma is a unique item, which means it's not just a +2 Prestige Large Shield. It's some badass thing of alien manufacture with its own backstory (unless it totally doesn't have a wiki page). When people hear the bards sing of the battles it's involved in (Or however that news is supposed to be spread), don't you think certain identifying attributes of this awesome asskicking device would be involved in it?

That said, could be and probably is just speculation. Who really knows? This thing totally came out of the blue for me, though I've only had an advy on Dwilight up until very recently and he's been more involved with his monster-huntin' pals than anything resembling politics. All I know is that unique items are like the Ashbringer or Sting or any other famous artifact from any number of settings; even the peasantry has some basic understanding of what they look like and what they do.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:55:52 AM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: April 21, 2012, 05:03:29 AM »
This is so dumb.

Dwilight has officially become "Zuma Diplomacy Master"

Whoever can woo the Zuma automatically becomes winner of whatever war they are in.

So dumb. We try to fight the first real Human vs. Human war in the history of the southwest pretty much, and it is ruined by the freaking Zuma. WTF.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: April 21, 2012, 05:04:48 AM »
This is so dumb.

Dwilight has officially become "Zuma Diplomacy Master"

Whoever can woo the Zuma automatically becomes winner of whatever war they are in.

So dumb. We try to fight the first real Human vs. Human war in the history of the southwest pretty much, and it is ruined by the freaking Zuma. WTF.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2355.0.html

There ya go bud

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: April 21, 2012, 05:26:55 AM »
Please do not start another "zuma suck" thread. If this turns into another trash the zuma thing, I will lock the hell out of it. If you want to complain about the zuma send your messages straight to Tom. There's not a single damn thing that anyone else here can do to address your issues.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: April 21, 2012, 05:29:33 AM »
Please do not start another "zuma suck" thread. If this turns into another trash the zuma thing, I will lock the hell out of it. If you want to complain about the zuma send your messages straight to Tom. There's not a single damn thing that anyone else here can do to address your issues.

I agree here, I didn't help things talking about the Brom's item interaction with the Zuma, but it had at least some relation to current events in the war. We should focus on the events of the war for this thread.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: April 21, 2012, 05:41:23 AM »

No matter how I try to convince myself that they must have a legitimate reason for doing whatever they do, every time I see the Zuma doing something I get this really sour taste in my mouth.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #325: April 21, 2012, 05:44:18 AM »
I agree here, I didn't help things talking about the Brom's item interaction with the Zuma, but it had at least some relation to current events in the war. We should focus on the events of the war for this thread.

I agree here, lets keep on track
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: April 21, 2012, 07:39:44 AM »
How am I not focusing on the events of the war?

Is the Zuma intervention not the events of the war? Clearly they are. And it sucks.

Please, tell me how I'm wrong: Dwilight is officially Zuma Diplomacy Master: Woo the Zuma or you lose.

I'm playing everything out IC, don't get me wrong. It's just that this is so damn annoying, even when we ignore them they come after us.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:41:23 AM by Perth »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: April 21, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »
Again, I don't really buy it. It's possible we have a Terrence 2.0 situation where the Haktoo chats with everyone except the people alleged to have said or done something, but I don't think so.

Hireshmont hasn't communicated with Haktoo in over 20 days. The sum of the communication he has received from Haktoo in the last 30 days is:
Roleplay from Haktoo   (25 days ago)
A single female Zuma comes to you and speaks, "Haktoo thanks you for your information. The one known as Allison has just arrived in our lands to talk, so this will be getting questioned as, if it is as you say, and as it appears, that is not acceptable."

Maybe from that I'm supposed to derive, "Haktoo is deeply upset with Hireshmont and will take the next opportunity to support an enemy of Terran because of a personal vendetta against Hireshmont." Not sure how, but maybe.

Again, I'm not saying Haktoo doesn't have some kind of reasoning. And I'm not saying I expect to know it. I'm just saying I don't buy the reasoning as presented here in this thread. If it really is that... I'm disappointed in the Zuma GM, because it's the same thing all over again: zero communication, no warning or evident provocation, massive army attacking Terran, chilling effect, long delay until anything fun happens again. But I don't think that's what's going on here.

I'm assuming they are pursuing their agenda, or at least Hireshmont is. Hence the characterization of Allison as a Zuma lackey, and not vice versa.

Just because she hasn't directly said "I'm upset with you" in the last 30 days doesn't mean she doesn't already strongly dislike Hireshmont due to your previous interactions, which by all accounts were borderline disastrous. Brance shares almost everything he gets from Hireshmont with the council, so I see a lot of what he writes. During that little tiff over Demyansk before Kabrinskia was founded, my character was ready to pick up a torch and start burning Terran to the ground, so don't underestimate Hireshmont's ability to make people hate his guts. Hell, even though Hireshmont's been very reasonable in his communications with Astrum lately Lysander still doesn't like him, all because of his attitude in Astrum's earlier interactions with him.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #328: April 21, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
How am I not focusing on the events of the war?

Is the Zuma intervention not the events of the war? Clearly they are. And it sucks.

Please, tell me how I'm wrong: Dwilight is officially Zuma Diplomacy Master: Woo the Zuma or you lose.

I'm playing everything out IC, don't get me wrong. It's just that this is so damn annoying, even when we ignore them they come after us.

Man 10K CS is chump change compared to the Overlord's posse. No wonder you don't have a character on BT. I can see how it would suck to go from completely steamrolling the enemy to having a pitched battle with weirdos wherein heroes are born and legends are forged though, that's pretty terrible. ;)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile