Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 240213 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #330: April 21, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »
I'm guessing he meant to link this thread:

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1792.570.html

D'oh. So many tabs, so little time...
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: April 21, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »
Just because she hasn't directly said "I'm upset with you" in the last 30 days doesn't mean she doesn't already strongly dislike Hireshmont due to your previous interactions, which by all accounts were borderline disastrous. Brance shares almost everything he gets from Hireshmont with the council, so I see a lot of what he writes. During that little tiff over Demyansk before Kabrinskia was founded, my character was ready to pick up a torch and start burning Terran to the ground, so don't underestimate Hireshmont's ability to make people hate his guts. Hell, even though Hireshmont's been very reasonable in his communications with Astrum lately Lysander still doesn't like him, all because of his attitude in Astrum's earlier interactions with him.

Oh, I agree. And if Haktoo were like, "Hey, I hate Hireshmont: I'm going to pummel Terran until he's removed from power," I might not exactly be happy (okay, I would be pretty disappointed), but I would get it. What perplexes me is the hypothesis that Haktoo has such a virulent hatred for Hireshmont that she will... send FangFang to attack in Demyansk, but not do anything at all on any other front?

Alternatively, considered another way: Lysander may very well dislike Hireshmont. But I don't see Lysander launching an attack on Terran anywhere. The line between "quietly despise" and "11,000 CS of soldiers attacking you" seems, to me, to indicate that something more happened, I just have no idea what.

But, again, we'll see how it all plays out. I'm bummed Terran's military command didn't want to fight in Demyansk; I was chomping at the bit to meet the Zuma in head-on battle.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: April 21, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »
Alternatively, considered another way: Lysander may very well dislike Hireshmont. But I don't see Lysander launching an attack on Terran anywhere. The line between "quietly despise" and "11,000 CS of soldiers attacking you" seems, to me, to indicate that something more happened, I just have no idea what.

Luria has had four civil wars, and I don't think anyone knows the real reasons for each outbreak.  Perfect information would be nice, but perfection is hard to obtain.   ;)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: April 21, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
Luria has had four civil wars, and I don't think anyone knows the real reasons for each outbreak.  Perfect information would be nice, but perfection is hard to obtain.   ;)

Well... Luria is different. :P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: April 21, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »
How am I not focusing on the events of the war?

Is the Zuma intervention not the events of the war? Clearly they are. And it sucks.

Please, tell me how I'm wrong: Dwilight is officially Zuma Diplomacy Master: Woo the Zuma or you lose.

Whoa, the war is over? Terran lost?

That was quick. ;)
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Zakilevo

« Reply #335: April 21, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Well if Zuma does attack Terran yeah Terran is doomed. But doubt FangFang will actually attack Terran. Probably will just go through Terran.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: April 21, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
Both Terran and Asylon are pretty confident, IC, of their ability to wipe out Fang Fang. :D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #337: April 21, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »
Oh? They should really test their strength against Zuma.  8)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #338: April 21, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
I thought Terran and Barca had only barely more than 11K CS together?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: April 21, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »

I know OOC all (I think) of the reasons behind the most recent one, but Koli certainly never did, and my knowledge of the other three is spotty at best.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: April 21, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
Four?

Verus Luria... Giask... PeL... am I missing one?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: April 21, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »
You guys have to include militia in the unit counts. Meaning everyones armies are smaller than stats say.

Asylon isnt so much feeling confident its more that we want to have fun and not go back to region maintenance again. Keep the wars rolling.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: April 21, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »
Mmm.... war....
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: April 21, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »

I do!

I was (edit: one of)the leaders of all of them, excluding the one where Alanna was fighting off King Kaenji.

The only problem is that your "perfect information" won't be believed because so many ppl in Luria won't trust what Brom tells them.
-------------

So should we take bets on whether Fang Fang will just straight out attack Terran? Or simply walk around with his army in their regions for a while? I'm leaning towards the 2nd one personallly.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:30:29 PM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: April 21, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
Whoa, the war is over? Terran lost?

That was quick. ;)

Essentially, yes.

We will not be able to make any further production in this war if the Zuma continue to protect Kabrinskia and that's even IF they don't outright come after us.

The only way it changes is if Terran somehow convinces the Zuma to stop aiding Kabrinskia.

Thus, it has become a game of "Woo the Daimons," nothing more.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)