Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237243 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #345: April 21, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »
Essentially, yes.

We will not be able to make any further production in this war if the Zuma continue to protect Kabrinskia and that's even IF they don't outright come after us.

The only way it changes is if Terran somehow convinces the Zuma to stop aiding Kabrinskia.

Thus, it has become a game of "Woo the Daimons," nothing more.

I know this argument has been rehashed over and over, so I don't want to bring it back up again, but if we make the assumption that the Zuma as an entity on Dwilight are not going away anytime soon, then all nearby realms must make the consideration that they are a real physical power on Dwilight.

Knowing that, then just as in normal diplomacy all of those who have power and could be a threat to one's realm should be considered when plans for war are being made. The war is just as easily "Woo the Barcans/Asylon/Astrum" As it is "woo the Daimons".
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: April 21, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »
We will not be able to make any further production in this war if the Zuma continue to protect Kabrinskia and that's even IF they don't outright come after us.

The only way it changes is if Terran somehow convinces the Zuma to stop aiding Kabrinskia.
This is all based on pure speculation, with no supporting data. You have no clue what's really happening.

Now stop spreading misinformation until you learn what's really going on.

I already gave out one warning that this thread will not be turned into another generic "whine about the Zuma" thread. There will not be a second.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: April 21, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »
I already gave out one warning that this thread will not be turned into another generic "whine about the Zuma" thread. There will not be a second.

Wasn't...wasn't that the second?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: April 21, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »
Do you *want* this thread locked? I'm trying to be nice here...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: April 21, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »
Do you *want* this thread locked? I'm trying to be nice here...
I think you are getting a little too agressive considering Perth didn't say the Zuma were going to attack Terran he said if they do. Now if you saying that he is whining by saying if the Zuma attacked Terran they have no chance in the war then I would have to disagree because he is just stating a fact. The Zuma have several units of Daimons bordering Terran that are about 10k CS each so I don't see how Terran would be able to defend against atleast 30k CS and attack Kabrinskia so he is just stating a fact. Thats like saying I am whining by saying if the Daimon forces on Beluterra were to focus all on one realm rather quickly so the other realm human realms couldn't help defend that the daimon forces would crush the realm. I see that as stating a fact and not whining.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: April 21, 2012, 11:50:06 PM »
I think you are getting a little too agressive considering Perth didn't say the Zuma were going to attack Terran he said if they do. Now if you saying that he is whining by saying if the Zuma attacked Terran they have no chance in the war then I would have to disagree because he is just stating a fact.

That wasn't what Perth was whining about, that wasn't what Indirik was warning about, and it's very unwise to try and argue with a mod who's already given extra chances.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: April 21, 2012, 11:55:24 PM »

This is what Indirik was quoting so it would seem that is what he was warning about. I am not trying to argue but defend Perth for the part that it seemed Indirik was warning about since thats what he quoted when warning. I do think Velax's statement was rather unnecassary though.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: April 21, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »
This is what Indirik was quoting so it would seem that is what he was warning about. I am not trying to argue but defend Perth for the part that it seemed Indirik was warning about since thats what he quoted when warning. I do think Velax's statement was rather unnecassary though.

His original warning quoted nothing, but was right after the initial complaint, "This is becoming Zuma Diplomacy Master!"

That is the sentiment that was being warned about.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: April 22, 2012, 12:03:45 AM »
His original warning quoted nothing, but was right after the initial complaint, "This is becoming Zuma Diplomacy Master!"

That is the sentiment that was being warned about.

I agree with giving a warning about that because he is complaining about the Zuma being either angry at his realm or unofficially allied with Kabrinskia but its the same for any other neighbor, if you don't want them to attack you make sure they aren't angry with you.
― G.K. Chesterton

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #354: April 22, 2012, 01:11:19 AM »
I personally think that if terran wants the zuma to back off then they only need to have their allies stand down from this war and fight it one on one as it was originally intended.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #355: April 22, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »
Or just kill those daimons and be released of all of their supposedly negative influences. 11,000 CS? Psh...

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #356: April 22, 2012, 01:32:12 AM »
Or just kill those daimons and be released of all of their supposedly negative influences. 11,000 CS? Psh...

Only 10K now I think
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: April 22, 2012, 01:56:32 AM »
And if Terran, Barca, and Asylon all join their armies together, they should be able to muster over 40k mobile. That should take care of Fang Fang.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: April 22, 2012, 02:07:34 AM »
And if Terran, Barca, and Asylon all join their armies together, they should be able to muster over 40k mobile. That should take care of Fang Fang.

Only about half of Barca's military is in northern Terran. Actually, probably less than that.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: April 22, 2012, 02:18:19 AM »
Send the rest!