Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 239973 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #390: April 22, 2012, 09:05:34 PM »
yes, essentially people didn't listen to Allison.  She told them to send 1 or 2 units to Demyansk to check out the situation.  Instead someone sent the army and then did a late turn order and only about 1/2 of the army even showed up. 

Epic Fail.

Epic win.

That'll teach Allison for trying to bring the Zuma against those she provoked!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:18:58 PM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #391: April 22, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »
Ahh betrayal... Sweet sweet betrayal.  :D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #392: April 23, 2012, 06:11:47 AM »
ICly, Hireshmont is laughing it up right now.

OOCly, no, I still don't understand the Zuma involvement.

Fundamentally, I'm not opposed to Zuma involvement. I'm opposed to Zuma involvement that is entirely oriented towards terrorism and status-quo-ism. namely, massively disproportionate responses to a few players' secretive RPs; and interventions that have major chilling effects on the game.

I remain completely ignorant about what the Zuma are up to. Haktoo hasn't responded to Hireshmont yet. But, frankly, it still bothers me that the Zuma are around, even if we gained from them (for now). It's an intervention I don't understand, and I don't know how I could go about understanding it. By crushing Kabrinskia's army, it just crippled Kabrinskia's retaliation after Terran's driving Demyansk rogue: meaning it just gave Terran a big 'ole edge. Frankly, that's not fun to me. I would rather like to see Terran (and allies) smash Kabrinskia's armies in the field. We're more than capable of doing it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #393: April 23, 2012, 06:33:49 AM »
ICly, Karana finds this downright hilarious.

OOCly, I also find this downright hilarious. It may have something to do with Karana being in discussions with Haktoo about bringing the Glowing Aegis of the Zuma to her... when Brom defected to Kabrinskia.

Though the "If you're in my way, you shouldn't be" theory still holds up nicely.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #394: April 23, 2012, 06:44:06 AM »
ICly, Hireshmont is laughing it up right now.

OOCly, no, I still don't understand the Zuma involvement.

Fundamentally, I'm not opposed to Zuma involvement. I'm opposed to Zuma involvement that is entirely oriented towards terrorism and status-quo-ism. namely, massively disproportionate responses to a few players' secretive RPs; and interventions that have major chilling effects on the game.

I remain completely ignorant about what the Zuma are up to. Haktoo hasn't responded to Hireshmont yet. But, frankly, it still bothers me that the Zuma are around, even if we gained from them (for now). It's an intervention I don't understand, and I don't know how I could go about understanding it. By crushing Kabrinskia's army, it just crippled Kabrinskia's retaliation after Terran's driving Demyansk rogue: meaning it just gave Terran a big 'ole edge. Frankly, that's not fun to me. I would rather like to see Terran (and allies) smash Kabrinskia's armies in the field. We're more than capable of doing it.

+1
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #395: April 23, 2012, 06:51:22 AM »
Ahem, though, OOCly, I'm kinda excited to see what the CS charts look like in a week or so.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #396: April 23, 2012, 06:57:01 AM »
ICly, Karana finds this downright hilarious.

OOCly, I also find this downright hilarious. It may have something to do with Karana being in discussions with Haktoo about bringing the Glowing Aegis of the Zuma to her... when Brom defected to Kabrinskia.

Though the "If you're in my way, you shouldn't be" theory still holds up nicely.

Ain't that a bummer? Too bad Karana won't return any of my phone calls. I was even very nice about it...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #397: April 23, 2012, 07:18:51 AM »
Personally I do not like having the zuma on Dwilight at all, but have come to see them simply as another entity on Dwilight.

One not to be used, but respected as you would respect a wild animal.  I think it will take a greater understanding to work with them, but I think it is possible. to do so.

And our army did get a bloody nose, but by no means crushed.  What we lost will be easily replaced.

lol
We have the technology, we will be better than we were before.............. lol

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #398: April 23, 2012, 07:39:06 AM »
The Zuma are a mobile natural disaster. If you think of them in those terms then they're really kinda cool, but if you're gonna get frustrated because you can't use diplomacy on a tornado they're gonna suck. And if for some reason you think that an enemy has that ability they're gonna look really unfair until that enemy is standing right at ground zero.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #399: April 23, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »
No, the Zuma are not wholly unpredictable.

Kabrinskia got hurt because they didn't listen to their ruler. For people who spend lost of time investing in the Zuma, they remain a useful tool. But, yeah, if other players choose to ignore them, they get screwed.

But that's not what this thread is about. I remain simply perplexed about why they are there in the first place.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #400: April 23, 2012, 07:44:23 AM »
Allison's the one that appointed the general, so technically we were listening to her via her surrogate. Also I dunno how camping out in a region of ours that just went rogue while on murderous settings is being useful.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:47:14 AM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #401: April 23, 2012, 01:35:07 PM »
The Zuma are a mobile natural disaster. If you think of them in those terms then they're really kinda cool, but if you're gonna get frustrated because you can't use diplomacy on a tornado they're gonna suck. And if for some reason you think that an enemy has that ability they're gonna look really unfair until that enemy is standing right at ground zero.

There's nothing cool about natural disasters, especially natural disasters that can so easily be influenced.

All it took was 1 damn advy to send a blatant forgery that could easily be proved as a fake to send the Zuma on a rampage against the 'moot, causing much damage and costing us much gold and unique items.

1 advy +1 forgery.

That's all.

I fail to see the fun in how easy it is to manipulate this "natural disaster".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #402: April 23, 2012, 02:07:12 PM »
There's nothing cool about natural disasters, especially natural disasters that can so easily be influenced.

All it took was 1 damn advy to send a blatant forgery that could easily be proved as a fake to send the Zuma on a rampage against the 'moot, causing much damage and costing us much gold and unique items.

1 advy +1 forgery.

That's all.

I fail to see the fun in how easy it is to manipulate this "natural disaster".

Then that is because you have willfully ignored everything that has been said to you about the Zuma in the past few months.

Or, well, maybe not everything, but certainly one important thing often enough that you ought to be able to recite it in your sleep by now:

Haktoo will never be fooled by that kind of trick again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #403: April 23, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »
Then that is because you have willfully ignored everything that has been said to you about the Zuma in the past few months.

Or, well, maybe not everything, but certainly one important thing often enough that you ought to be able to recite it in your sleep by now:

Haktoo will never be fooled by that kind of trick again.

Good. Because it pissed a lot of players off.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #404: April 23, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
Good. Because it pissed a lot of players off.

Really? You don't say? Wow, that's the first I, or the Zuma GM heard of that kind of sentiment!

Thanks, Geronus, for opening my eyes to that, which I would never have known without you pointing it out to me. That feeling certainly wasn't expressed hundreds of times across a half-dozen different threads on the forum after the incident happened, and definitely no one even suggested it after it was made perfectly crystal-clear by the Zuma GM that such a thing would never happen again!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan