Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236854 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #405: April 23, 2012, 03:11:43 PM »
Good. Because it pissed a lot of players off.

I enjoyed it.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #406: April 23, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »
Letter from Glaumring Apasurain   (9 hours, 43 minutes ago)
Message sent to all full members of "Sanguis Astroism" (78 recipients)
In my day we led revolts against inept leaders. And that is what seperates us.

Glaumring did indeed advocate a rebellion in Kabrinskia. And Allison is not an inept leader.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #407: April 23, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »
Letter from Glaumring Apasurain   (9 hours, 43 minutes ago)

Glaumring did indeed advocate a rebellion in Kabrinskia. And Allison is not an inept leader.

I'm sure that's not an OOC sentiment, and should be handled IC.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #408: April 23, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
I'm sure that's not an OOC sentiment, and should be handled IC.

You are right, it is an IC statement. I was merely quoting what he said.  It was and is being handled IC...
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: April 23, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »
How is that advocating rebellion? I made a statement regarding my own experience and the extreme I went to in dealing with inept leadership. I was making fun of him, and you all for allowing your leader to let the daimons into your kingdom. And only when things go bad do you state your opposition to it. You have no courage of conviction. I pointed it out, yet the deeper meaning was lost on you. Lady Ogren is one to talk about rebellion.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #410: April 23, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »
How is that advocating rebellion? I made a statement regarding my own experience and the extreme I went to in dealing with inept leadership. I was making fun of him, and you all for allowing your leader to let the daimons into your kingdom. And only when things go bad do you state your opposition to it. You have no courage of conviction. I pointed it out, yet the deeper meaning was lost on you. Lady Ogren is one to talk about rebellion.

I do not know what you are talking about, Sister Katayanna never once lead a rebellion. the rebellion in Shadovar was lead by Sir Mathias for what was done to then Lady Katayanna.  It is true however that she did benefit from it. she did not lead it.  She did however secede from Shadovar to form Dhara, but that is another story.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #411: April 23, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »

Let's look at this.

Letter from Thomas Greyson   (14 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Daimons are not beasts. They are not unthinking, unfeeling brutes.

Daimons are capable of complicated though and incredible feats of strength, agility, and endurance.

Daimons are powerful, they possess powers that we cannot match, and they have their armour on their skin.

Daimons are not to be trifled with, betrayed, insulted or threatened.

Daimons can be reasoned with, if they have not been insulted. They have leaders and rulers, they have peons and peasants.

This lord Fang Fang is one such, an "Enforcer" if you will. He has very little independent thought of his own, and any attempts at diplomacy would need to take place with his leader.

Thomas Greyson of Solaria
Knight of the Temple of Sanguis Astroism

Letter from Glaumring Apasurain   (13 hours, 57 minutes ago)
The hydra once again raises its heads in these halls.

Glaumring Apasurain of Asylon
Knight of the Temple of Sanguis Astroism and King of Asylon

Letter from Rabisu Daycryn   (13 hours, 56 minutes ago)
Brother Thomas,

That Daimons can think, have incredible strength, agility, endurance, armored skin, and powers does not change the fact that they are nonetheless beasts. Creatures of fang and fear, which shun the Stars - in the words of our Most Holy Prophet. And they are certainly brutes; whether thinking and feeling or not, they are inhumanly mighty and loathsome things which have no love for man, for the Stars, for all our works.

Rabisu Daycryn of Kabrinskia, Priest of Sanguis Astroism
Invocator of the Cup of Sanguis Astroism

Letter from Thomas Greyson   (13 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Brother Rabisu,

If they can rationalize, if they are capable of thought and if they can plan, than they are much more than beasts in my humble opinion.

Thomas Greyson of Solaria
Knight of the Temple of Sanguis Astroism

Letter from Glaumring Apasurain   (13 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Yet you allow them into your lands without protest?

Letter from Rabisu Daycryn   (12 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Brother Glaumring,

I must point out that neither brother Thomas nor myself have authority to allow, or for that matter disallow, anyone into our lands.

Rabisu Daycryn of Kabrinskia, Priest of Sanguis Astroism
Invocator of the Cup of Sanguis Astroism

Letter from Glaumring Apasurain   (11 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Now that last comment was in no way an answer to a question, as Glaumring later claims, and given the context of the discussion - having no authority to allow or disallow Daimons into the land, being not the ruler - the implications are rather obvious.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #412: April 23, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »
definitely no one even suggested it after it was made perfectly crystal-clear by the Zuma GM that such a thing would never happen again!

In his defense, I don't think the Zuma GM actually ever said at all that such a scheme would never work again. You might be right about it, but I don't recall the Zuma GM saying that. I would assume Haktoo ICly is more suspicious now, of course.

But, again, that's not really relevant right now. What is relevant is any interesting theories about what is going on with the daimons' involvement now. The only theory I've heard is that they just really dislike Hireshmont (but for some reason won't tell him, and, if they're telling others in Terran, those others aren't much swayed and are keeping it secret).

Also, sidenote: is it odd that, because the statistics charts are delayed for longer, I get even more excited about seeing what the end up looking like?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #413: April 23, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »
Why is all of this even being discussed here instead of acted upon IC?  The Zuma (like many things) are an in-game element.  They don't post on the forums.  Carefully reasoned lines of criticism on the forums don't find their way into the way the faction is played.  If people devoted half as much energy IC as they do to some of these forum threads, we'd have reached the BM Singularity by now.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #414: April 23, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »
Regarding the Zuma, I do try to get IC information. I try very hard. I get cold-shouldered very hard. Because I the player enjoy knowing what's going on even if Hireshmont the character doesn't know, I ask around on the forum.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #415: April 23, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »
Regarding the Zuma, I do try to get IC information. I try very hard. I get cold-shouldered very hard. Because I the player enjoy knowing what's going on even if Hireshmont the character doesn't know, I ask around on the forum.

Gleaning knowledge is different than grinding axes.  No amount of complaining should change the way they're being played, because it's like seeking an OOC resolution to an IC problem.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #416: April 23, 2012, 11:41:19 PM »
Unless the IC issues affect the players themselves... then it becomes an OOC issue as well. NOW PLEASE... can we get this back to a conversation about the conflict itself and not the Zuma? Or else I'm just going to ask that this thread be closed. Nothing good is coming from it right now.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: April 24, 2012, 02:05:28 AM »
Really? You don't say? Wow, that's the first I, or the Zuma GM heard of that kind of sentiment!

Thanks, Geronus, for opening my eyes to that, which I would never have known without you pointing it out to me. That feeling certainly wasn't expressed hundreds of times across a half-dozen different threads on the forum after the incident happened, and definitely no one even suggested it after it was made perfectly crystal-clear by the Zuma GM that such a thing would never happen again!

That it was said that it wouldn't happen doesn't make any of us any less pissed that it did happen in the first place.

Just like the Zuma coming to burn D'Hara, because apparently one of our traitors had made a pact with them, and then when we executed him upon his return (having no idea he had anything to do with the Zuma), they got pissed off with us and trashed the place, without ever giving us a hint of why.

That incident was not the first in which a single person causes the Zuma to inflict massive suffering upon a neighboring realm by doing nothing notable.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #418: April 24, 2012, 02:08:37 AM »
Why is all of this even being discussed here instead of acted upon IC?  The Zuma (like many things) are an in-game element.  They don't post on the forums.  Carefully reasoned lines of criticism on the forums don't find their way into the way the faction is played.  If people devoted half as much energy IC as they do to some of these forum threads, we'd have reached the BM Singularity by now.

They rarely every reply IG either, so there's little difference. Plus, talking with them tends to make things worse, so...

Unless the IC issues affect the players themselves... then it becomes an OOC issue as well. NOW PLEASE... can we get this back to a conversation about the conflict itself and not the Zuma? Or else I'm just going to ask that this thread be closed. Nothing good is coming from it right now.

The Zuma involved themselves. Don't blame us for talking about them after they show their faces and spread threats.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: April 24, 2012, 03:13:25 AM »

Uh... I guess you haven't noticed but the Zuma have landed right smack in the middle of the conflict itself. They are, for the moment, the single most important factor in the conflict. Kind of hard to get back "to a conversation about the conflict itself" without talking about the Zuma.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)