Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237110 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #570: May 07, 2012, 10:41:33 PM »
a 3 on 1 war is not even or dynamic. you are just upset that the Zuma actually evens the odds.

No, I'm upset that the war is BORING and that the Zuma have added ZERO fun to the game in the terms of this war so far. If the Zuma DO SOMETHING, at least it would be interesting and fun.

Terran should offer terms of their surrender now we would only want 1-2 regions in compensation for the damage Terran has caused to Demyansk.  I am sure that would be reasonable.  Terran should offer up tribute to Kabrinskia and continue to pay Tribute for the foreseeable future. Say 1000 bushels of food every month and 1000 gold as well.

Wow... you realize Terran isn't even trying to takeover Kabrinskian regions, right? And you want Terran to give away 1-2 regions and pay tributes? That is nuts.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #571: May 07, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
Fight them, then complain when you lose. That's the accepted order of things.

You had a shot after Kabrinskia blew half their army on them while you snickered from across the border.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #572: May 07, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
No, I'm upset that the war is BORING and that the Zuma have added ZERO fun to the game in the terms of this war so far. If the Zuma DO SOMETHING, at least it would be interesting and fun.

Wow... you realize Terran isn't even trying to takeover Kabrinskian regions, right? And you want Terran to give away 1-2 regions and pay tributes? That is nuts.

You do realize I am only pulling your leg..... lol

I do not have the authority to speak for Kabrinskia as a whole.... at least not yet.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:17:26 PM by katayanna »
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573: May 07, 2012, 11:35:02 PM »
I think the zuma make the war pretty funny. Watching the different sides complaining, manipulating, and dancing around the nuclear bomb potential of the Zuma. It may not make the war any better for Terran, but I'm loving it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #574: May 08, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »

Wait? You didn't know that Kabrinski is crazy?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #575: May 08, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
Fight them, then complain when you lose. That's the accepted order of things.

We would fight them. We just can't fight the Zuma and Kabrinskia together.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #576: May 08, 2012, 01:11:12 AM »
We would fight them. We just can't fight the Zuma and Kabrinskia together.

Not true. You can fight the Zuma and Kabrinskia together. You just won't win.

Why fight only when you are assured of victory? Is that cowardice? Or I guess just intelligence in following Sun Tzu.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #577: May 08, 2012, 01:27:47 AM »
Why fight only when you are assured of victory? Is that cowardice? Or I guess just intelligence in following Sun Tzu.

I don't even want assured victory.

When we were headed to take on the Zuma it wasn't assured by any means. We had about equal CS strength, but none of us were really sure how we would fair and how the daimon troops would behave.

I just want a CHANCE of victory. Us going up against the Zuma and Kabrinskians together would be assured defeat.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #578: May 08, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »
I think the zuma make the war pretty funny. Watching the different sides complaining, manipulating, and dancing around the nuclear bomb potential of the Zuma. It may not make the war any better for Terran, but I'm loving it.

Right, because the "fun" it provides to non-involved observers is worth the stagnation on whole realms' war efforts?

The pleasure of watching other people's misery is not good basis for game policies.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #579: May 08, 2012, 02:03:49 AM »
Right, because the "fun" it provides to non-involved observers is worth the stagnation on whole realms' war efforts?

The pleasure of watching other people's misery is not good basis for game policies.

I thought Asylon had three times what Kabrinskia has in CS. That along with what Terran, Barca, and Dhara has should be enough
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #580: May 08, 2012, 02:09:15 AM »
Pffft Asylon obliterated...lol, we currently have an army larger than both Kabrinskia and Terran combined.

sorry I misquoted.....

Aslylon should be able to take on the Zuma all by them selves. Terran, Dhara's, and Barca's help should just be icing on the cake

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581: May 08, 2012, 02:10:44 AM »
Good game policy? Maybe not. But then, like we've said many, many times, none of us can change a damn thing about the Zuma. You want that changed, convince Tom. And you're not going to do that with all this belly-aching in this thread. That should be obvious.

I do have to admit that I get almost as much fun reading all the complaints on the forums as I get from reading all the chest pounding, posturing, and bravado on the ruler's channel. I mean, how many times do we have to tell you that we can't do anything about it before you believe us? The stubborn pigheadedness it takes to keep bitching about something to people that can't change it is simply astonishing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #582: May 08, 2012, 02:19:37 AM »
I do have to admit that I get almost as much fun reading all the complaints on the forums... .... The stubborn pigheadedness it takes to keep bitching about something to people that can't change it is simply astonishing.

That doesn't sound like you're having fun....  :P

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #583: May 08, 2012, 02:19:53 AM »
Good game policy? Maybe not. But then, like we've said many, many times, none of us can change a damn thing about the Zuma. You want that changed, convince Tom. And you're not going to do that with all this belly-aching in this thread. That should be obvious.

I do have to admit that I get almost as much fun reading all the complaints on the forums as I get from reading all the chest pounding, posturing, and bravado on the ruler's channel. I mean, how many times do we have to tell you that we can't do anything about it before you believe us? The stubborn pigheadedness it takes to keep bitching about something to people that can't change it is simply astonishing.

Please don't think I am complaining about the Zuma. I do not like them but I think it funny that they are aiding Kabrinskia. I was worried about the 3 on 1 odds, but now I see that Allison had an ace up her sleeve and it worked. we are getting our regions back into shape and setting militia in peace for now. when it comes time to attack again we will be well prepared and the Zuma will be attacking with us. I think that it is just great.

Ya we lost a quarter of our army in a stupid mistake in communication. But now that we understand the Zuma much more, I doubt that will happen again.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #584: May 08, 2012, 02:41:02 AM »
sorry I misquoted.....

Aslylon should be able to take on the Zuma all by them selves. Terran, Dhara's, and Barca's help should just be icing on the cake

You only see the 10 000 CS that moved up north.

We only see the rest of the countless and, as far as we know, infinite CS that remains around Nightmarch.

Please don't think I am complaining about the Zuma. I do not like them but I think it funny that they are aiding Kabrinskia. I was worried about the 3 on 1 odds, but now I see that Allison had an ace up her sleeve and it worked. we are getting our regions back into shape and setting militia in peace for now. when it comes time to attack again we will be well prepared and the Zuma will be attacking with us. I think that it is just great.

Ya we lost a quarter of our army in a stupid mistake in communication. But now that we understand the Zuma much more, I doubt that will happen again.

The reason Kabrinskia is losing is 100% Allison's fault. She pissed off all of her southern neighbors. Every one of them. And the only reason we didn't all go completely all-in to wipe Kabrinskia off the map is because we don't feel like having a big war with Astrum right now. Not because we fear Astrum, but just because it's not our objective.

Allison wanted war, and now you are whining that war is what you got. Despite the fact that the ones involved are seriously holding back.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron