Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237001 times)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #585: May 08, 2012, 02:53:37 AM »
You only see the 10 000 CS that moved up north.

We only see the rest of the countless and, as far as we know, infinite CS that remains around Nightmarch.

The reason Kabrinskia is losing is 100% Allison's fault. She pissed off all of her southern neighbors. Every one of them. And the only reason we didn't all go completely all-in to wipe Kabrinskia off the map is because we don't feel like having a big war with Astrum right now. Not because we fear Astrum, but just because it's not our objective.

Allison wanted war, and now you are whining that war is what you got. Despite the fact that the ones involved are seriously holding back.

First of all I was merely quoting what was said in this thread, Katayanna can only see what the scout reports show her.

And Kabrinskia is not losing or winning. and neither are the Terran/Barca/Asylon/Dhara coalition.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #586: May 08, 2012, 02:55:17 AM »
First of all I was merely quoting what was said in this thread, Katayanna can only see what the scout reports show her.

And Kabrinskia is not losing or winning. and neither are the Terran/Barca/Asylon/Dhara coalition.

Seems pretty clear to me that had the daimons not interfered, things were looking rather bad for Kabrinskia.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #587: May 08, 2012, 02:57:46 AM »
Seems pretty clear to me that had the daimons not interfered, things were looking rather bad for Kabrinskia.

If it had been a one on one war the way it should have been, it would have been a fair fight and an interesting war. But no, Dhara, Barca, and Asylon had to get involved.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #588: May 08, 2012, 03:00:26 AM »
Maybe Allison shouldn't have stolen lands they had agreed to Asylon after we cleaned up the Itau incident.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #589: May 08, 2012, 03:01:22 AM »
Maybe Allison shouldn't have stolen lands they had agreed to Asylon after we cleaned up the Itau incident.

What lands are you talking about.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #590: May 08, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
If it had been a one on one war the way it should have been, it would have been a fair fight and an interesting war. But no, Dhara, Barca, and Asylon had to get involved.

But did not Allison directly provoke both D'hara and Asylon into the war?

Probably didn't provoke Barca directly, but c'mon... the Véinsørmoot has been around for, what? almost two RL years? It is obvious that if you are trying to provoke war with Terran, Barca and D'Hara would likely get involved in some way. In fact, you shouldn't be complaining about it considering they aren't involved nearly as much as they have the diplomatic/political grounds to be.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #591: May 08, 2012, 03:04:55 AM »

The way it "should" have been? lol? What are you talking about?

Also, D'Hara didn't get involved. Barca is only involved every few weeks at best. Asylon is purely defensive as of now.

I'm just a bit frustrated that we had the first war against an SA realm that didn't devolve into some kind of crusading fight-to-the-death style gangbang... and it's been stopped by the Zuma. Please look at any comment I've ever made about the Zuma connected with the phrase "chilling effect."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #592: May 08, 2012, 03:06:10 AM »
What lands are you talking about.

Mech Alb and Elets

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #593: May 08, 2012, 03:07:41 AM »
The way it "should" have been? lol? What are you talking about?

Also, D'Hara didn't get involved. Barca is only involved every few weeks at best. Asylon is purely defensive as of now.

I'm just a bit frustrated that we had the first war against an SA realm that didn't devolve into some kind of crusading fight-to-the-death style gangbang... and it's been stopped by the Zuma. Please look at any comment I've ever made about the Zuma connected with the phrase "chilling effect."

Interesting that this takes place after Garret left and this is the first time a SA realm on the west was in any sort of real danger.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #594: May 08, 2012, 03:30:19 AM »
Mech Alb and Elets

You will have to let me in on it. as that must have happened before I arrived in Kabrinskia

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #595: May 08, 2012, 03:30:32 AM »

First of all, Asylon isn't attacking, nor is D'Hara.

Second of all, Allison came to piss us all off. Don't blame D'Hara for being angry at Kabrinskia after Allison came out of her way to piss us off. Same for Terran, the reason there's a war is because she went to piss them off.

The South didn't initiate this war, Allison did.

Interesting that this takes place after Garret left and this is the first time a SA realm on the west was in any sort of real danger.

Danger, because she kept trying to pick wars with us?

Are people seriously considering Kabrinskia a victim here? She WANTED war, with ALL of us. If she's a victim, it's of us not fully playing her game by limiting our involvement, making it harder to get support from realms like Astrum.

But in any case, Allison wanted war with all of the 'moot. Maybe she didn't think Asylon was as close to us as they are, but that would be Allison's own problem, because she was the one who forged these ties when she was being aggressive over the Asylon/Kabrinskia border.

All of us western realms were quite content with peaceful coexistence, despite a few small disagreements. Then Allison came and made it clear she wanted to screw each and every one of us over.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #596: May 08, 2012, 03:35:43 AM »
You will have to let me in on it. as that must have happened before I arrived in Kabrinskia

I think it is pretty well known that Asylon took in a lot of Caerwyn refugees.  We tried to integrate them into our realm and gave one the position of Judge.  The player tried to keep up the Caerwyn conflict while in Asylon by being an ass to Allison and she decided to take Mech Alb as retribution for insulting letters.  Asylon had other things to worry about at the time and let her have it, assuming that it would come to bite her ass again later on (which it did until the Zuma got involved).  Not sure why we let her take Elets but it happened at the same time.  Was probably mismanagement on our part, concentrating on the more northern regions.   
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:40:09 AM by Graeth »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597: May 08, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »
Mech Alb and Elets

Mech Alb was always intended to go to Kabrinskia. This was acknowledged and agreed to by the ruler of Asylon, and the Asylonian Ambassador as well. (The one before Glaumring, can't remember her name... Zhoesya?) The line for Kabrinskia's western border was Dunnbrook, Mech Calen, and Mech Alb. Any other claims between the two realms were to be worked out between them. Brance informed Glaumring of this agreement, and Glaumring agreed to honor it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598: May 08, 2012, 03:48:00 AM »

Anyone who was paying attention to the island for the last, oh, two RL years, would know that picking a fight with any of the Moot realms would get you into war with all three. I warned Allison about this IC before she started the war.

So get over this "fair fight" garbage. Kabrinskia knew what it was getting into before they started the war that both sides wanted. To claim otherwise is criminal negligence or OOC metagaming.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:50:20 AM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #599: May 08, 2012, 03:48:36 AM »
I think it is pretty well known that Asylon took in a lot of Caerwyn refugees.  We tried to integrate them into our realm and gave one the position of Judge.  The player tried to keep up the Caerwyn conflict while in Asylon by being an ass to Allison and she decided to take Mech Alb as retribution for insulting letters.  Asylon had other things to worry about at the time and let her have it, assuming that it would come to bite her ass again later on (which it did until the Zuma got involved).  Not sure why we let her take Elets but it happened at the same time.  Was probably mismanagement on our part, concentrating on the more northern regions.

So your saying that because Asylon took in many of the refugees from Caerwyn that that gives Asylon claim on the regions that they lost due to war. I think that is a bit presumptuous of Asylon.

I am not sure but did Asylon war Caerwyn? If not then they deserve none of the War Prizes. If they did then it appears to me that they got more than their fair share already.