Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236927 times)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #615: May 08, 2012, 04:40:28 AM »
I hope you'll forgive an ignorant Lurian for butting in, but I though I'd heard that Haktoo was there for some sort of diplomatic powwow with the Astroists?

Maybe, maybe not...no way for us to know this IC when they don't reciprocate RP and keep us in the dark.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #616: May 08, 2012, 04:48:12 AM »
I'd also like to point out that this statement lacks any sort of evidence to back up the "with no repercussions".

Imagine an army besieging a capital and the capitol has 5k cs defenders in it. Then all of a sudden when the turn comes around there are 10k cs worth of defenders. This could be seen as "summoning troops" and there are no apparent repercussions. However, we all know there are legitimate game mechanics behind this. We don't need to actually know how many troops are in a human realm recruitment center to know they have a limit, and neither do we need to know the exact same for the Zuma. They are limited and they have specific things they require.

True, they seem to be limited by troop leaders, which appear to pop up and disappear rather frequently.  Are these leaders summoned and controlled by 1 GM?  If this is the case then they do look rather unlimited. 

Not looking to whine.  From an IC perspective the Zuma seem like godmode.  I think it is rather good that western dwilight players are finally getting around to thinking about a conflict of the Zuma seriously.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:50:23 AM by Graeth »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #617: May 08, 2012, 04:50:49 AM »
I hope you'll forgive an ignorant Lurian for butting in, but I though I'd heard that Haktoo was there for some sort of diplomatic powwow with the Astroists?
I beleive Haktoo is meeting with Brance in Golden Farrow on religious matters.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #618: May 08, 2012, 05:05:35 AM »
I beleive Haktoo is meeting with Brance in Golden Farrow on religious matters.

So that's what they're telling people these days....

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #619: May 08, 2012, 05:12:28 AM »
but also I am tired of hearing that bringing in the zuma is not fair.

I'm not complaining that it isn't fair (even though it is), I'm just complaining that it is boring as crap.

The Zuma have (so far) turned an at first exciting and engaging human v. human war into a sit and wait human v. NPC war. It was fun even when Kabrinskia was looting through Terran. It was real action for once, and action we could potentially counter. No it is sit and wait and do nothing. And if the Zuma go offensive against us, it will be a slaughter vs. an over powered and single-person controlled unit. It's just simply not fun.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #620: May 08, 2012, 05:19:27 AM »
I am a bit annoyed that so far Asylons contacts/communications with the Zuma have been
Ignored for weeks now. And now here they are joining in on a war.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #621: May 08, 2012, 05:23:22 AM »
I am a bit annoyed that so far Asylons contacts/communications with the Zuma have been
Ignored for weeks now. And now here they are joining in on a war.

Same for Terran.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #622: May 08, 2012, 05:27:48 AM »
Honestly who is the Zuma gm and does he have a character human in Dwilight? Because seriously it feels like the Zuma gm massively hates everyone except for a few players , like how the hell does Malus of Solaria know the Zuma Gm is busy in real life with me thinking some players know and deal with him ooc... Who is the zuma gm, and why do some players know him and some of us dont?

Out-of-Character from Malus Solari   (1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
The Zuma GM is very busy with RL stuff.  Not everything is a personal slight.
Aaron Champion

[reply to sender] | [ignore] | [userdetails] | [give medal:   ]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:29:38 AM by Glaumring »

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #623: May 08, 2012, 05:29:31 AM »
Honestly who is the Zuma gm and does he have a character human in Dwilight? Because seriously it feels like the Zuma gm massively hates everyone except for a few players , like how the hell does Malus of Solaria know the Zuma Gm is busy in real life with me thinking some players know and deal with him ooc... Who is the zuma gm, and why do some players know him and some of us dont?

I see no reason stuff like this shouldn't be public knowledge; it would help a lot with impartiality, complaints, etc. But I don't make the rules, I guess.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #624: May 08, 2012, 05:31:07 AM »
Out-of-Character from Malus Solari   (1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
The Zuma GM is very busy with RL stuff.  Not everything is a personal slight.
Aaron Champion

----- wtf how does he know the gm is busy and I dont?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #625: May 08, 2012, 05:31:54 AM »
I see no reason stuff like this shouldn't be public knowledge; it would help a lot with impartiality, complaints, etc. But I don't make the rules, I guess.

You're right then we could actually complain and be rude to someone we actually know and can ruin their game on their other characters just to get back at them?

That could possibly be one reason.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #626: May 08, 2012, 05:34:41 AM »
If the GM plays on Dwilight, they should not have a character here AT ALL. Is the Zuma gm's human character in Kabrinskia?

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #627: May 08, 2012, 05:35:58 AM »
Guys... I'm the Zuma Gm... Its awesome...

Mystery solved!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #629: May 08, 2012, 05:37:55 AM »

Mystery solved!

8) damn you meddling kids!