Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236958 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #660: May 08, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »
My Dwilight Char is far from the Zuma but if my BT character was on Dwilight he'd be calling for the Zuma to be exterminated. They are too big of a risk to humanity to let live. He would have been an ardent supporter of the Manifest Path... too bad its gone.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #661: May 08, 2012, 08:41:06 AM »
My Dwilight Char is far from the Zuma but if my BT character was on Dwilight he'd be calling for the Zuma to be exterminated. They are too big of a risk to humanity to let live. He would have been an ardent supporter of the Manifest Path... too bad its gone.

lol I bet he would.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #662: May 08, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
lol I bet he would.

:)

The Zuma aren't going to kill themselves. Time to get to business and take those lands that ought to rightfully be ruled by humans, according to our birthright.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #663: May 08, 2012, 08:57:31 AM »
:)

The Zuma aren't going to kill themselves. Time to get to business and take those lands that ought to rightfully be ruled by humans, according to our birthright.

LOL you have already made them a political force on Dwilight. One that those that are willing to take the risks will wish to use to their own ambitions and in some cases manipulation. 
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #664: May 08, 2012, 09:14:06 AM »
LOL you have already made them a political force on Dwilight. One that those that are willing to take the risks will wish to use to their own ambitions and in some cases manipulation.

The game needs more people willing to gamble big and shake things up. Some parts of the game are far too stagnant because the rulers and by extension the realm are unwilling to take risks. So, I am looking forward to reading more about this conflict vicariously through the forum. :)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #665: May 08, 2012, 09:39:42 AM »
The game needs more people willing to gamble big and shake things up. Some parts of the game are far too stagnant because the rulers and by extension the realm are unwilling to take risks. So, I am looking forward to reading more about this conflict vicariously through the forum. :)

You are welcome to do just that or you can travel to Kabrinskia and join in....

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666: May 08, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »
I have on BT long ago, well not katayanna anyway.

Though I did not like being on the receiving end.  We did beat them back But there were just too many of them unlike Dwilight where there are a relatively few Zuma units/characters running around.

Comparing the Zuma to previous BT invasions makes absolutely no sense. They are completely different. The fact is that you have never fought the Zuma (nor would probably ever do it) and you are still talking as if others should do it, just because the Zuma are on your side, benefiting you.

That said, it makes all sense that the Zuma GM's identity remains anonymous, for obvious reasons. And would be in no way surprised if Solari knew his identity, as he is part of the Dev team. Why that player may know and you do not? Dedicating his time and effort for free to the game would seem like a pretty good reason in my book. Demanding that privilege is quite arrogant and disrespectful. Be nicer, ask politely, at the very least.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:20:15 AM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #667: May 08, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
Out-of-Character from Malus Solari   (1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
The Zuma GM is very busy with RL stuff.  Not everything is a personal slight.
Aaron Champion

----- wtf how does he know the gm is busy and I dont?

Please bear with me, there are a number of messages I am going to reply to. So please give me a little time before responding to the individual responses. Thanks.
The Zuma do occasionally have in game issues (such as bugs) that need to be dealt with. This means there needs to be conversation with and amongst the developers. Due to this, some people are aware of who I am. As for why Solari knew I was busy and you didn't, the same reason Allison did and you didn't, I was in communications with them at the time and wanted to be clear they were not being ignored if I didn't respond for a short while.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #668: May 08, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »
I'm not complaining that it isn't fair (even though it is), I'm just complaining that it is boring as crap.

The Zuma have (so far) turned an at first exciting and engaging human v. human war into a sit and wait human v. NPC war. It was fun even when Kabrinskia was looting through Terran. It was real action for once, and action we could potentially counter. No it is sit and wait and do nothing. And if the Zuma go offensive against us, it will be a slaughter vs. an over powered and single-person controlled unit. It's just simply not fun.

If all the players actually shared all of their information, you would know why Fang Fang is where he is. The ruler of Asylon was told this 12 days ago, yet is on the forums complaining about being ignored. Unless I have missed a message since then, that was the last communication I had from him.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #669: May 08, 2012, 10:45:31 AM »
Same for Terran.

I try to respond to anyone that interacts with the Zuma. I cannot recall anyone from Terran actually trying to communicate recently. The only interaction I can recall is when I sent Vellos a message a few days ago stating exactly what Haktoo is doing at this time. Yet I see someone on here stating as fact that Haktoo and Flame have joined together on the borders to start an attack. Flame has been in that region for months, Haktoo is there because of things in game that others are aware of. If you are going to speculate on the forums, please make that clear rather than stating things as if they are fact which just winds up other people who assume you are actually telling the truth.
There seems to be a lot of OOC complaining about things that people are assuming is happening rather than keeping things in game and dealing with what is actually happening.
If you feel you're now being ignored, perhaps there shouldn't have been the OOC witch hunt on Garret which ended up making him leave the game. You might not have liked him in game, but he did a lot more for all of the human realms on Dwilight than any of you were prepared to consider. Now you deal directly, and that's not the same as doing it through a human.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #670: May 08, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »
I have been king a short time as of late, prior to that the Zuma stayed out of our business and Asylon focused on our issues with Caerwyn. We traded food and thats it we ignored them and then all of a sudden the Zuma started being front and center, bellicose and rude, and ignoring communications even when ambassadors were sent.

The Zuma used to come to Asylon and help fight monsters, we spoke often enough and made peace now its a 360 in everything who they were.

The Zuma are still at peace with Asylon. Asylon have not requested assistance with monsters in a very long time. The ambassadors that have come here have all been dealt with. Please provide examples of being front and center, bellicose and rude and ignored communications as I am not aware of this.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #671: May 08, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »
You know your right, but also I am tired of hearing that bringing in the zuma is not fair.  It is we have an agreement with the Zuma and that agreement is to war Terran.  Let the war commence.

People not directly involved in the situations read things on the forums and take that as fact. Please be careful with what you state if you are not fully informed.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #672: May 08, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
I try to respond to anyone that interacts with the Zuma. I cannot recall anyone from Terran actually trying to communicate recently. The only interaction I can recall is when I sent Vellos a message a few days ago stating exactly what Haktoo is doing at this time.

You are right. It was communicated when Haktoo decided to "ask" to pass through Terran. However, what I was told, was that when it was inquired what the hell the daimons were up to intervening in the war and supporting Kabrinskia, we were ignored. To be clear, that is what I was told.

If you feel you're now being ignored, perhaps there shouldn't have been the OOC witch hunt on Garret which ended up making him leave the game.

I thought he left for RL reasons?

You might not have liked him in game, but he did a lot more for all of the human realms on Dwilight than any of you were prepared to consider.

Cryptic hints at things the majority of us are just supposed to accept that we "just don't understand" and "can't understand" or "don't know about because we don't do 'it' right" are one the most annoying things about the Zuma. Is their purpose to enhance the game for everyone, or for the lucky few who get to be a part of their secret RP's? If it is, perhaps this should be stated, because it would clear a lot of things up.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #673: May 08, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
I have kept myself away from posting on the forum since the start of this conflict, mainly because its gives me a bad taste in my mouth as things seem to almost tip over into ooc-drama. But I feel myself forced to post here now.

I am a player who always have been intrigued by the Zuma, I think they add spice and flavor to the game. And I find it funny that people always tend to get highly annoyed whenever they are involved in anything.

And beeing an Asylon player, I am a bit puzzled that Haktoo suddenly got all buddy-buddy with Kabrinskia, but maybe im just jelaous, since I and others of Asylon really put some hard work into getting friendly with the Zuma, But its clear to me now that it was a waste of time befriending Garret, who I enjoyed exhanging letters with, both IC-wise and OOC-wise, and the fact that he and I worked for a mutual beficial goal, peaceful and good relations on the common border between Asylon and the Zuma, we sold food, we did our best to apprehend Terrance(but later I was informed by Haktoo to let it be, he was no longer important) and most of all, we left the Zuma in peace, doing our best to not annoy or disturb them, just as we where told to do... So by playing by their rules we kinda lost it...
(bah, now i am starting to sound bitter so enough about my hurt feelings  ;).)

Adressing some comments previous in the thread, dont remember who said it, and I am not combing the thread backwards to quote.

1. Asylon isnt really ganging up on Kabrinskia, she have been poking us and provoking us with demands and threats for as long as that nation has existed, we have played nice as we was more focused on getting stability in our nation that doubled or trippled over just a few days/weeks. Eventually we had enough when she was threatning us that she would set the Zuma on us if we got involved in the war.

We joined the war in a defensive manner, NO Asylonian troops have EVER crossed the border into hostile territory, we have ONLY defended Terran lands in Terran.
So Yes, atleast I knew that there was a small chance for the Zuma to join in, but I found it HIGHLY UNLIKLEY, since I thought our friendship with them was worth more, guess I was wrong.

2. "Why dont you invade the Zuma"/"Dont whine, just fight them!"
Well, first off, I have devouted alot of time to get friendly with them, and to guide Asylon and many of our anti-zuma nobles to accept our neighbours and to avoid conflict, since I was/is a Zuma fanboy OOC-wise.
Plus, I have scout reports from our southern border where we can see around 30 000 - 38 000 CS of Zuma forces, and that is NOT counting Fang Fang, so even if i was out for blood, I would not send Asylonian forces against overwhelming odds.

Lastly I think we are at very interesting times in the game atm, and I cant wait to see how this will play out... I already have 2-3 potential paths my character will take from this conflict, and I pray to the Gods that I dont have to take either of the last two of thoose, for there is no comming back if you take the path of a zealot...
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #674: May 08, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
God forbid such an influential and powerful player be subject to the same pressures and realities as the rest of us.

Besides, no one says they have to come on the forums and listen to us belly-achers.

If you haven't noticed, 95% of the flames in the pages and pages of Zuma-hate are either based on false information, due to people like those in this thread taking assumptions as fact, or boil down to, "I don't like the fact that the Zuma exist as a force on Dwilight at all."

Do you really think it's right to subject a player to direct attacks on all their characters and OOC attacks on themselves for stuff people basically made up, and for simply being the person in a job created by Tom to be the way it is?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan