Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237036 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #690: May 08, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the Zuma GM should be given the benefit of the doubt? I mean sure if he wanted to he could summon unlimited CS and stomp the Moot, but he is a GM and this is not an invasion. As such unless he acts on the contrary I would trust that he'll just add an exiting and unpredictable element to what would have been a rather dull and predictable conflict.

Yes, this intervention has messed up some IC plans, and my character would be the first to complain about it. But OOC'ly I don't see what he's done that merits all these complaints. He hasn't swamped the region with unlimited CS and he hasn't launched an invasion of Terran. In fact we don't know what his ultimate plans are other than sending a significant (but by no means unbeatable) force to protect his allies in Kabrinskia, something perfectly justifiable IC and by no means any more game-breaking than a decent human realm intervening.

So perhaps we should lay off the flame war and just see what happens before coming to the forums and accusing the Zuma GM, someone who has taken their own time to help the game, of stuff he hasn't even done yet. So far the war has stalled for a bit, but it's conclusion is by no means decided and I'm sure things will soon pick up again once the Zuma and Kabrinskia make their next move (after all they are the aggressors so the ball is in their court).

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #691: May 08, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
Yeah that goes in the Barca Aurvandiil thread...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #692: May 08, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »
So perhaps we should lay off the flame war and just see what happens before coming to the forums and accusing the Zuma GM, someone who has taken their own time to help the game, of stuff he hasn't even done yet.

But where's the fun in that? The whole point of forums is to fan the flames as high as they can go! Especially against people who give of their time to try and improve the game experience!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #693: May 08, 2012, 05:14:45 PM »
(after all they are the aggressors so the ball is in their court).

Kabrinskia was not the aggressor in this war, Terran declared war on us. There was posturing on both sides before that but nothing aggressive until war was declared.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #694: May 08, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »
Kabrinskia was not the aggressor in this war, Terran declared war on us. There was posturing on both sides before that but nothing aggressive until war was declared.

Allison has been running around the Moot causing trouble for quite a bit of time before the official war declaration was issued. Provoking someone into declaring war doesn't mean your not an aggressor, it just means your clever about it. And Terran has even declared they have no desire to conquer any Kabrinskian regions.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #695: May 08, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
Allison has been running around the Moot causing trouble for quite a bit of time before the official war declaration was issued. Provoking someone into declaring war doesn't mean your not an aggressor, it just means your clever about it. And Terran has even declared they have no desire to conquer any Kabrinskian regions.

As I said, Kabrinskia is not the aggressor, Terran is.  I admit that there was lots of posturing before hand but that was on both sides.  Terran declared war that makes them the aggressor.  Maybe an unwilling aggressor, but the aggressor nonetheless. They did not have to declare war, they did not have to let Allison control them so easily. They could have taken the high ground and ignored Allison.  they did not and now they are the aggressor in the war.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #696: May 08, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »

Do you actually, OOC, believe that?

Hell, a few posts ago you were saying how Terran should hand over 1-2 regions and pay tribute, and you're saying Terran is the aggressor?

All Terran wants and is asking for is her sovereignty to be respected, we basically just declared war so we could arrest any the nobles Allison kept sending through to purposefully break our treaty.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #697: May 08, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
As I said, Kabrinskia is not the aggressor, Terran is.  I admit that there was lots of posturing before hand but that was on both sides.  Terran declared war that makes them the aggressor.  Maybe an unwilling aggressor, but the aggressor nonetheless. They did not have to declare war, they did not have to let Allison control them so easily. They could have taken the high ground and ignored Allison.  they did not and now they are the aggressor in the war.

That is a bit like saying that because Britain and France declared war on Hitler in 1939 that it makes them the aggressor.

No, Kabrinskia broke the treaty, that makes them the aggressor.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #698: May 08, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »
Do you actually, OOC, believe that?

Hell, a few posts ago you were saying how Terran should hand over 1-2 regions and pay tribute, and you're saying Terran is the aggressor?

All Terran wants and is asking for is her sovereignty to be respected, we basically just declared war so we could arrest any the nobles Allison kept sending through to purposefully break our treaty.

LOL  fist of all I stated that I was only pulling your leg about the regions and the tribute.  I did it to get this thread going again. and it worked.

And what harm was being done by traders entering Terran lands to trade? Oh and a priest headed to Zuma lands to speak to Haktoo.

If Terran had waited till spring, Kabrinskia would have been the Aggressor, but they did not, so they became the aggressor.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #699: May 08, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
That is a bit like saying that because Britain and France declared war on Hitler in 1939 that it makes them the aggressor.

No, Kabrinskia broke the treaty, that makes them the aggressor.

What Treaty?  All I remember was a declaration of closed borders that was never put to paper (no treaty was sent to us via game mechanics that I know of)  A treaty takes 2 or more parties that agree on something.  All Terran did was say stay out and then invited a trader to trade and used that and a priests travels to declare war.

NO, Terran is the aggressor in this war.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #700: May 08, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
No matter how you spin it, Kabrinskia is the aggressor in this war.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #701: May 08, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
*Sigh*

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #702: May 08, 2012, 05:48:23 PM »
No matter how you spin it, Kabrinskia is the aggressor in this war.

That is just it, I am not putting a spin on it.  I simply look at the facts and that makes Terran the aggressor.

The "spin" is coming from the other side.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #703: May 08, 2012, 05:49:19 PM »
hey we said something that was not related to the ZUMA   hurray!!!

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #704: May 08, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »
It doesnt matter who started it.  We were about to declare war anyway.  The only thing that matters is who wins....
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)