Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237123 times)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #720: May 08, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »
This cold war is about to get hot.

Why do you say that?
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #721: May 08, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
Glaumring called some entertainment
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #722: May 08, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
Its from a movie and it sounded cool... Yippie-ki-aye-mother-censored
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #723: May 08, 2012, 07:28:22 PM »
This is something that has baffled me frequently. So many people seem to feel, OOC, that it's VITALLY IMPORTANT that their realm not be seen as the aggressor, in any war, ever.

Because the politics is the fun part (hence why the Zuma aren't fun).

I thought that trader had permission from Terran's banker to travel through Terran? The priest did not, as far as I know.

3 successive nobles violated the treaty by breaking travel rules.

I was not under the impression that Kabrinskia ever signed the treaty.  I may be wrong if I am I am sorry.

Allison signed it. Click on the link Perth gave. Allison's name is there, isn't it? She signed it.

We debate the issue because it is fun to do so. And we enjoy gloating about accomplishments. We argue about treaties for the same reasons sports fans argue about great plays.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #724: May 08, 2012, 07:40:42 PM »
Now that it is settled that Allison did indeed sign the treaty.  what else should we discuss, other than whining about the Zuma?
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #725: May 08, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
Now that it is settled that Allison did indeed sign the treaty.  what else should we discuss, other than whining about the Zuma?

Brom's pending elopement with Khari Kye! Oh wait he already has his own thread.

How about the terrible, terrible timing of the tournament? LOL
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726: May 08, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »
The tournament timing is perfect. It's the war that has poor timing. All proper nobles schedule their entertainment around the serious business of a tournament.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #727: May 08, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
The tournament timing is perfect. It's the war that has poor timing. All proper nobles schedule their entertainment around the serious business of a tournament.

Well-said! I just wish more people could've made it, but I think they felt obligated to stick around for the theatrics of war.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #728: May 08, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »
Not that I know of.  but I am not a diplomat, I could be wrong.

You are wrong.

Also, to people saying that we should treat the Zuma as any other realm - that is not possible. Apples and oranges. "Any other realm" would have real flaws, such as troop movement not being 100% coordinated, individual player desires, and the possibility of destruction. I would personally have been fine with Astrum and/or Morek entering the war on Kabrinskia's side - they, at least, have equal risks to take. This is simply untrue for the Zuma.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #729: May 08, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
Also, to people saying that we should treat the Zuma as any other realm - that is not possible. Apples and oranges. "Any other realm" would have real flaws, such as troop movement not being 100% coordinated, individual player desires, and the possibility of destruction. I would personally have been fine with Astrum and/or Morek entering the war on Kabrinskia's side - they, at least, have equal risks to take. This is simply untrue for the Zuma.

What about having the entire realm completely paralyzed, militarily and diplomatically, when one person (who's often busy) doesn't have time to log in for a few days? Not just scared to move anywhere that the control-freak General hasn't told them to, or worried about messing up diplomacy that the ruler hasn't communicated to them, but completely and totally unable to do anything?

This has happened multiple times recently. Many people here have taken the inactivity as some kind of fiendish scheme—Fang Fang's sitting there, getting stronger! Look at him!—when in reality, the Zuma GM was simply inactive. (And, as the Zuma GM has posted recently, Fang Fang was not, in fact, getting any stronger.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #730: May 08, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »
Many people here have taken the inactivity as some kind of fiendish scheme—Fang Fang's sitting there, getting stronger! Look at him!—when in reality, the Zuma GM was simply inactive.

This was worth several chuckles.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #731: May 08, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »
Brom's pending elopement with Khari Kye! Oh wait he already has his own thread.

Or better yet, Brom's role in this war and how he personally has influenced the relations between the Zuma and Kabrinskia and the Zuma and Barca(/Moot)?

Or even consider what role he is having right now in the possibility or lack there of of peace in this war?

Cmon, you don't think such a change of events has no impact on the war at all do you? Perhaps I should send some more IC letters to stir up the thoughts on the issue. I mean its not like the only reason for his elopement is a power grab....
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #732: May 08, 2012, 10:42:50 PM »
I mean its not like the only reason for his elopement is a power grab....

Aw man I was just joking. Brom's defection was a complete game-changer and left everyone (including me) just sitting there dumb-founded. I look forward to seeing more of his plans unfold.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #733: May 08, 2012, 10:50:59 PM »
You are wrong.

Zuma is not an ordinary realm, and yes that could result in a very unfair war. The key here however is could. Yes the Zuma could summon an unlimited army, yes they could stomp Terran, yes they could dominate the whole war.

But they haven't. FangFang is a formidable force, but still a beatable one and as I said in my previous post who wins this war is by no means guaranteed simply by FangFang's arrival (if he and Allison both attack Terran, I'm pretty sure with your allies you could repel them). In fact so far the biggest impact the daimons have had is the fear and horror they have induced, both in the Moot and elsewhere. Personally I don't see how this is a problem, in fact I find it quite fun, but each unto his own.

I trust that the Zuma GM, as a GM, will not abuse the Zuma but will merely use them in a way to further add to the conflict, and not dominate it as you fear. Even if you don't have this trust, then at least wait to see if he actually does abuse his powers as you fear, rather than coming to the forums and complaining about something that hasn't happened yet.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #734: May 08, 2012, 10:54:39 PM »
Brom is actually an agent of the Moot. He infiltrates realms that are considered threats and destroys them from within. 8)

The hilarious part is that this hare-brained scheme is still working. ;D
------
qui audet vincit