Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237291 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #735: May 08, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »
Brom is actually an agent of the Moot. He infiltrates realms that are considered threats and destroys them from within. 8)

The hilarious part is that this hare-brained scheme is still working. ;D

Worked on at least two realms so far...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #736: May 08, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »
Also, to people saying that we should treat the Zuma as any other realm - that is not possible. Apples and oranges. "Any other realm" would have real flaws, such as troop movement not being 100% coordinated, individual player desires, and the possibility of destruction. I would personally have been fine with Astrum and/or Morek entering the war on Kabrinskia's side - they, at least, have equal risks to take. This is simply untrue for the Zuma.

The only difference between the Zuma Coalition and any other realm is that other realms have several players.  The Zuma don't have an infinite number of NPCs, nor infinite CS, nor infinite gold.  They could be overrun and wiped off Dwilight if people put their mind to it.  To my mind, surviving for as long as it has is a tribute to the diplomatic and psychological skills of the people that have taken up the responsibility of GM over time.  Further, the current Zuma GM is one of the nicest, most decent players in the game (so clearly, it's not me).  They fully understand the responsibilities and limits of the role, and having speculative accusations routinely heaped upon them does take a toll.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #737: May 08, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »
Worked on at least two realms so far...
then your saying we should have him drawn and quartered?
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #738: May 08, 2012, 11:40:14 PM »
then your saying we should have him drawn and quartered?

No, I'm saying give him just enough power and responsibility to keep him both occupied and happy. Then you'll never have a problem. It worked for Alanna, until she started to dislike him.

Also, it may not be a good idea to have him drawn and quartered if you want the Zuma to stay on your side still.

Quite the dilemma really.

Although, of course Brom has changed. He is know a fervent and humble follower of the bloodstars. He no longer seeks power and merely wishes to serve his realm and his leaders as best as possible while pursuing balance of the stars' influence on his life.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #739: May 09, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »
The Zuma are NOT like any other realm. Because with any other realm, we can plot their downfall and effectively destroy them if we play our cards right. The Zuma, as far as we know and from what was said on these forums by Tom and the devs, are there to stay. This means that they are not in any way accountable for what they do, IG. This means that we can't punish their IG actions in any way.

Because we know OOC that they would not be allowed to be destroyed, we don't bother actually trying it IG. It's metagaming, sure, but we've seen a hell of a lot worse from the Zuma GM himself, so see if I care. We didn't settle up in this corner of Dwilight to go fight NPCs.

The Zuma are NOT like any other human realm, and anyone saying otherwise is an outright hypocrite.

And yea, some of us feel that "the Zuma should not be a force on the continent", as Anaris so pejoratively said so. After years of living by them, yea, I'm pretty sick of them by now. I've heard too many "oh, okay, that was not fun, the Zuma won't do this anymore" over that time period.

Tell us that they will not be given infinite strength and that it is possible to kill them, and for the love of god, we will. I'm sick and tired of the Zuma going to ruin our fun every chance they get over the most random !@#$ and in the lamest way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #740: May 09, 2012, 12:34:50 AM »
The Zuma, as far as we know and from what was said on these forums by Tom and the devs, are there to stay.

No, we never said that. We said we weren't going to remove them just because you bitch and moan all the time.

This means that they are not in any way accountable for what they do, IG. This means that we can't punish their IG actions in any way.

Not true at all.

Because we know OOC that they would not be allowed to be destroyed, we don't bother actually trying it IG.

No, you don't. You assume.

You assume a lot lately, in fact.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #741: May 09, 2012, 12:39:35 AM »
You assume a lot lately, in fact.

Personally, I don't find it credible either that a large military coalition would be allowed to/could wipe the Zuma out. The "get used to the Zuma" rhetoric implies exactly that.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #742: May 09, 2012, 12:40:44 AM »
Or better yet, Brom's role in this war and how he personally has influenced the relations between the Zuma and Kabrinskia and the Zuma and Barca(/Moot)?

Or even consider what role he is having right now in the possibility or lack there of of peace in this war?

Cmon, you don't think such a change of events has no impact on the war at all do you? Perhaps I should send some more IC letters to stir up the thoughts on the issue. I mean its not like the only reason for his elopement is a power grab....

I think you greatly flatter yourself.

Brom is pretty much entirely irrelevant from our side of things.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #743: May 09, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »
Personally, I don't find it credible either that a large military coalition would be allowed to/could wipe the Zuma out. The "get used to the Zuma" rhetoric implies exactly that.

Only if you assume that we're all deliberately crafting our forum posts to stay on-message.

Seriously, do you not see that it's "get used to the Zuma" as opposed to, "fine, you win, we'll just delete the Zuma right now"?

It has nothing to do with their military defeatability.

Personally, I don't know if Tom would artificially augment the Zuma if they turned out to be losing. I don't know his official position on this. But I sort of doubt it. Based on his policies in other places, I think his attitude would be along the lines of, "If they got defeated, then they deserve to be gone, and if you defeated them, you deserve their land."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #744: May 09, 2012, 12:43:10 AM »
No one likes to have their big guns taken away. Especially when they are winning... I get used to playing the underdog.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #745: May 09, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »
We said we weren't going to remove them just because you bitch and moan all the time.

Seriously.

People need to stop thinking they can influence IC events by OOC whining on the forum. Kabrinskia didn't do anything that you couldn't have done, so stop it and roll with it OR go play in the "Here be NO dragons"-part of the continent.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #746: May 09, 2012, 12:46:01 AM »
Oh and who the flip cares about Brom, no one in the west cares.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #747: May 09, 2012, 12:55:03 AM »
Only if you assume that we're all deliberately crafting our forum posts to stay on-message.

Which I do.

Personally, I don't know if Tom would artificially augment the Zuma if they turned out to be losing. I don't know his official position on this. But I sort of doubt it. Based on his policies in other places, I think his attitude would be along the lines of, "If they got defeated, then they deserve to be gone, and if you defeated them, you deserve their land."

Yay. We deserve worthless badlands. That'd totally be worth the trouble. And if we destroy the Zuma, we'd break ourselves in the process, and some other player (probably one better at playing Zumamaster) would come in behind us and kill us.

But, again, it's not like I think there's a solution to the problem. I think the GM has done about as good a job as he/she can be expected to, given the circumstances: but that the best that can be expected is that the Zuma will only ruin the experience for 80% of the players who interact with them. I'll reiterate what I've said: I'd be fine with the Zuma rampaging through and destroying Terran. Do it. But it's the sitting around doing nothing, shutting down every avenue for potential conflict that's bothersome. Every time something gets started, the Zuma come in and shut it down.

People need to stop thinking they can influence IC events by OOC whining on the forum.

This is an accusation without any foundation.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #748: May 09, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
This is an accusation without any foundation.

If you're not trying to get rid of the Zuma or trying to influence the Zuma GM's decisions, then why have you, and others, been spamming this forum with your complaints about them for so long then?

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #749: May 09, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »
Haktoo all of a sudden got buddy buddy with Kabrinskia?  That "buddy buddy"  aspect took months... really,  months to accomplish.  This isn't something that happened overnight.  It was made quite clear to the rulers of Barca, Asylon, Terran and D'hara that this was happening.  They all knew I was making frequent trips to the Zuma yet you all still did nothing to communicate effectively with the Zuma.

I am sure it took months, I am not contending that. I was just suprised that the Daimons took your side, but im getting over my hurt feelings now so its ok  :). Plus i think im starting to see why You are the more popular friend at the moment ;).

Asylon dealt with Garret.  That was your own mistake.  If you wanted to be peaceful with the Zuma you should have dealt directly with them. 

Clearly it was, but it was how I was told to communicate with the Daimon leadership, as he was their ambassador and responsible for all communications with humans.  A lesson well learned.

King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.