Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237242 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #750: May 09, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
He who controls the Zuma controls Dwilight... The Zuma must flow... I am Muad'dib.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #751: May 09, 2012, 01:06:10 AM »
If you're not trying to get rid of the Zuma or trying to influence the Zuma GM's decisions, then why have you, and others, been spamming this forum with your complaints about them for so long then?

Why are members of Luria spamming a thread which has nothing to do with them?

It seems most people aren't whining but have constructive criticism and this conflict has finally produced a good platform where it can be discussed.  Sometimes discussion can be helpful even if it doesn't lead to drastic IG changes.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:07:54 AM by Graeth »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #752: May 09, 2012, 01:08:59 AM »
Zuma is not an ordinary realm, and yes that could result in a very unfair war. The key here however is could. Yes the Zuma could summon an unlimited army, yes they could stomp Terran, yes they could dominate the whole war.

But they haven't. FangFang is a formidable force, but still a beatable one and as I said in my previous post who wins this war is by no means guaranteed simply by FangFang's arrival (if he and Allison both attack Terran, I'm pretty sure with your allies you could repel them). In fact so far the biggest impact the daimons have had is the fear and horror they have induced, both in the Moot and elsewhere. Personally I don't see how this is a problem, in fact I find it quite fun, but each unto his own.

I trust that the Zuma GM, as a GM, will not abuse the Zuma but will merely use them in a way to further add to the conflict, and not dominate it as you fear. Even if you don't have this trust, then at least wait to see if he actually does abuse his powers as you fear, rather than coming to the forums and complaining about something that hasn't happened yet.

They just got involved. Nothing's to say that they won't summon more forces once they are actually provoked by being attacked. A typical "send a tiny force in the enemy's way to have him crush it and then use that as justification to launch a full-scale war".

And maybe you trust the Zuma GM. But with what I've witnessed, I just don't. Not since the Terrance incident. The Zuma are typically very ware and distrustful, but they are WAY too eager to jump against the 'moot every chance they get.

If Tom says they can be defeated, then I'll shut up and start plotting IC to get rid of them once and for all. Otherwise, no amount of IC planning will lead to anything.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:14:32 AM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #753: May 09, 2012, 01:14:46 AM »
Oh Zuma...

egamma

« Reply #754: May 09, 2012, 01:20:20 AM »
Which I do.

You're entitled to your own paranoia opinion.

The devs all say the same thing because they don't know why the Zuma are there. Only Tom and the Zumamaster know.

Yay. We deserve worthless badlands. That'd totally be worth the trouble. And if we destroy the Zuma, we'd break ourselves in the process, and some other player (probably one better at playing Zumamaster) would come in behind us and kill us.

You don't have to keep the regions, just TO them all, kill the daimons, and then let the regions go rogue. You really think that someone is going to fight those who defeated the Zuma? Anyone capable of defeating the Zuma is someone that I would want to be friendly towards, not hostile, lest they do the same to me.

But, again, it's not like I think there's a solution to the problem. I think the GM has done about as good a job as he/she can be expected to, given the circumstances: but that the best that can be expected is that the Zuma will only ruin the experience for 80% of the players who interact with them. I'll reiterate what I've said: I'd be fine with the Zuma rampaging through and destroying Terran. Do it. But it's the sitting around doing nothing, shutting down every avenue for potential conflict that's bothersome. Every time something gets started, the Zuma come in and shut it down.

You shut it down. Your character could choose to continue their war. On the other hand, your goal was to kick them out of Terran lands, so your stated goal was to sit in your own regions doing nothing.

This is an accusation without any foundation.

Really? It's a coincidence that as soon as TMP was disabled, after massive whining on the forums, that the same people turned around and found something else to complain about?

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #755: May 09, 2012, 01:21:04 AM »
If the Zuma wanted to destroy you they would.  You read too far into it.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #756: May 09, 2012, 01:25:47 AM »
If the Zuma wanted to destroy you they would.  You read too far into it.

That is one of the reasons I do not understand all the whining about the zuma.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #757: May 09, 2012, 01:26:46 AM »
Why are members of Luria spamming a thread which has nothing to do with them?

Because yes, IC I'm a member of Luria and I couldn't give a rat's ass about all of this but OOC - and this forum is 100% OOC - I'm irritated by the incessant whining that follows every action of the Zuma one month after the other.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #758: May 09, 2012, 02:24:55 AM »
I'm curious to see what song you'd sing if the Zuma decided to march an army through your realms. Better yet, if they started taking over your regions because of a forgery, heh.

Also, "the Zuma have done nothing yet, don't worry about it" is like saying "This gun is pointed at you, but chill, dude, I haven't pulled the trigger yet."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #759: May 09, 2012, 02:33:09 AM »
I would really like to see a Zuma group next to every kingdom. Many from the east see nothing wrong with the Zuma and fault us for founding kingdoms so close. I wish we had a few weeks of a closed map to found our kingdom in the safe east too.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #760: May 09, 2012, 02:34:41 AM »
Because yes, IC I'm a member of Luria and I couldn't give a rat's ass about all of this but OOC - and this forum is 100% OOC - I'm irritated by the incessant whining that follows every action of the Zuma one month after the other.

Then don't read the threads that involve the Zuma. It's not as if it has anything to do with the Lurias, after all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #761: May 09, 2012, 02:50:06 AM »
I'm curious to see what song you'd sing if the Zuma decided to march an army through your realms.

ROFL Yeah I'm sure he has no idea what that's like.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #762: May 09, 2012, 02:51:35 AM »
No, you don't. You assume.

It's difficult not to assume things based upon the information you have. If you don't do this, you don't have much to base your thoughts on.

For example, when you say this:

Personally, I don't know if Tom would artificially augment the Zuma if they turned out to be losing. I don't know his official position on this. But I sort of doubt it. Based on his policies in other places, I think his attitude would be along the lines of, "If they got defeated, then they deserve to be gone, and if you defeated them, you deserve their land."

It is also based on an assumption. Maybe a better one; who knows? I'd like to know, so I'll think about it, and eventually I'll assume one way or the other. Or maybe someone who knows will say for sure; I assume they won't.

The Zuma don't have an infinite number of NPCs, nor infinite CS, nor infinite gold.  They could be overrun and wiped off Dwilight if people put their mind to it.

So, is this also an assumption, or is this an announcement? I figured they didn't have infinite CS, but that they have finite NPCs is an interesting information. If this means they are killable, and they don't automagically come back or get replaced by a new NPC with a slightly different name, then it does make them theoretically removable.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

egamma

« Reply #763: May 09, 2012, 04:21:25 AM »
Is it possible to put a bounty on a Daimon?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #764: May 09, 2012, 04:22:52 AM »
Is it possible to put a bounty on a Daimon?

It is as possible as it is pointless.