Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 237196 times)

egamma

Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #765: May 09, 2012, 04:33:18 AM »
It is as possible as it is pointless.

I dunno. I could contribute 1000 gold to a bounty on, say, Screamer, if I had an IC reason to do so. Right now, Flame and Haktoo have not attacked Terran or D'Hara.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #766: May 09, 2012, 04:36:51 AM »
There are several bounties on daimons currently though Haktoo last I checked was the highest at 400 gold. And Screamer you could put a bounty on by inquiring about people's experiences with him since from what I have heard that should be enough reason to put a bounty on him considering I have heard he has scared the crap out of all who meet him pretty much and those who scare you many want gone.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #767: May 09, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »
I dunno. I could contribute 1000 gold to a bounty on, say, Screamer, if I had an IC reason to do so. Right now, Flame and Haktoo have not attacked Terran or D'Hara.

As I said.

You could indeed. But what on earth would it achieve? Tempt a Kabrinskian to stab them, at best.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #768: May 09, 2012, 04:48:39 AM »
There are several bounties on daimons currently though Haktoo last I checked was the highest at 400 gold. And Screamer you could put a bounty on by inquiring about people's experiences with him since from what I have heard that should be enough reason to put a bounty on him considering I have heard he has scared the crap out of all who meet him pretty much and those who scare you many want gone.

That's the problem--people are cheapskates. The highest bounty collected is 7000. We could easily beat that.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #769: May 09, 2012, 04:51:17 AM »
That's the problem--people are cheapskates. The highest bounty collected is 7000. We could easily beat that.

Except that it's pointless. Someone taking a jab at the daimons isn't likely to achieve anything meaningful. Infiltrator attacks are a pretty horrible means to get anything done.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #770: May 09, 2012, 04:57:33 AM »
Except that it's pointless. Someone taking a jab at the daimons isn't likely to achieve anything meaningful. Infiltrator attacks are a pretty horrible means to get anything done.

Nah. You get some infiltrator from Luria--one of those Manifest Path guys--to do it, and while the Daimons are on the march, we TO their regions.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #771: May 09, 2012, 05:00:55 AM »
Nah. You get some infiltrator from Luria--one of those Manifest Path guys--to do it, and while the Daimons are on the march, we TO their regions.

The manifest guys are smart enough to make it all look like D'Hara's fault.

Not that they have to try very hard, because that's basically what the Zuma want to hear...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #772: May 09, 2012, 05:10:32 AM »
You don't have to keep the regions, just TO them all, kill the daimons, and then let the regions go rogue. You really think that someone is going to fight those who defeated the Zuma? Anyone capable of defeating the Zuma is someone that I would want to be friendly towards, not hostile, lest they do the same to me.

1. That would result in vast monster hordes hitting us all the time, making it difficult to launch any further wars. You can't just leave rogue lands like that. Especially a volcano known to spew out daimons.

2. That's bullcrap about "If you can beat the Zuma, you can beat anyone." Your allies against the Zuma might not be your allies against some other realm. You might have tactics that would work against the Zuma better than against human opponents (RTOs stand out in my mind). That is serious political naivete if you think that just because a realm can knock off the biggest kid on the block that suddenly everyone will be buddy-buddy with them.

You shut it down. Your character could choose to continue their war. On the other hand, your goal was to kick them out of Terran lands, so your stated goal was to sit in your own regions doing nothing.

This is total crap. So I am making Terran's characters sit boredly in our lands? By stalling on peace offers and trying to find new avenues of attack, by launching raiding parties over the mountains, by trying to arrange a plausible way to clear the Zuma from Demyansk, I am causing stagnation? Because Hireshmont won't order suicidal attacks at armies with twice the CS of Terran's, I am the source of stagnation? That's nonsense, and you know it. Terran's stated goal was not to kick them out. Terran's stated goal was to punish Kabrinskia for breaking the treaty. Terran's behavior before the Zuma arrived clearly indicated that policing our own borders was not our whole objective. And Terran never claimed it was.

No, more plausibly, the source of stagnation is the 10,000 CS unit controlled by one player which arrived nearly unannounced and now, two or three weeks later, despite inquiries, still hasn't been explained.  Maybe, just maybe, that is the source of stagnation. But maybe I'm just crazy in thinking that giant armies sitting indefinitely on contested borders, never advancing, never retreating (do daimons not need to refit, I guess?) are a source of stagnation. Of course, that's kind of the definition of stagnation.

Really? It's a coincidence that as soon as TMP was disabled, after massive whining on the forums, that the same people turned around and found something else to complain about?

I actually do not know what you are talking about. I didn't complain about TMP. I'm not sure if Perth did either, or Graeth, or Glaumring. Talk about paranoia.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #773: May 09, 2012, 05:12:02 AM »
Oh, and why do we argue about this here?

Because, I dunno, it's a forum. That's the point. Maybe we should talk about the weather instead?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #774: May 09, 2012, 05:49:24 AM »
I had no idea what TMP was until I read the wiki ' the manifest path'
We live lives in beautiful lies...

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #775: May 09, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »
I had no idea what TMP was until I read the wiki ' the manifest path'

I thought it was an acronym for "Too Much Peace".  I guess that also works.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #776: May 09, 2012, 07:52:17 AM »
No, more plausibly, the source of stagnation is the 10,000 CS unit controlled by one player which arrived nearly unannounced and now, two or three weeks later, despite inquiries, still hasn't been explained.  Maybe, just maybe, that is the source of stagnation. But maybe I'm just crazy in thinking that giant armies sitting indefinitely on contested borders, never advancing, never retreating (do daimons not need to refit, I guess?) are a source of stagnation. Of course, that's kind of the definition of stagnation.

Stop lying.
They were unannounced to you. At least two realms knew they were heading there whilst Fang Fang was still in the Corridor of Torment, a journey that took over a week of real time travel, possibly two, I can't check the travel times any more.
Also you state that, despite enquiries, it has not been explained why they are there. You, Hireshmont II Vellos, were told, and responded to the message yesterday (yes, this was delayed as I missed your original message but it still happened before this message you have posted stating it has not been explained). Glaumring was told 13 days ago.
Just because you don't like the explanation, stop lying and stating that none has been given. As rulers of realms you have responsibilities to the players within your realm and by purposefully providing inaccurate information on the forums it just appears petty and intentionally trying to stir OOC bad feelings toward the Zuma.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #777: May 09, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
Has anyone contacted the Zuma to ask what would happen if Fang Fang's army were attacked? "Hi, Haktoo, it seems like one of your fellow Zuma is here with 10,000 CS. Is this a one-off force to help your allies Kabrinskia, or if we fight and defeat them are you gong to send more?"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #778: May 09, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
Stop lying.
They were unannounced to you. At least two realms knew they were heading there whilst Fang Fang was still in the Corridor of Torment, a journey that took over a week of real time travel, possibly two, I can't check the travel times any more.
Also you state that, despite enquiries, it has not been explained why they are there. You, Hireshmont II Vellos, were told, and responded to the message yesterday (yes, this was delayed as I missed your original message but it still happened before this message you have posted stating it has not been explained). Glaumring was told 13 days ago.
Just because you don't like the explanation, stop lying and stating that none has been given. As rulers of realms you have responsibilities to the players within your realm and by purposefully providing inaccurate information on the forums it just appears petty and intentionally trying to stir OOC bad feelings toward the Zuma.

So... why is Fang Fang there?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #779: May 09, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »

So... why is Fang Fang there?

To defend Kabrinskia of course..... At least that is what I think since he is not attacking Terran.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused