Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 236870 times)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #795: May 09, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
Obviously there are many who know much more than we do, or this whole nonsense wouldn't have started.  I'm merely saying that certain info that hasn't been shared yet on the forums makes it appear that this Allison business is about to lead to something unprecedented.

Lets hope so.  The Zuma need to play a bigger part on Dwilight. I see them as another realm. A Dangerous realm to be sure. One with serious language barriers as well as cultural barriers. Barriers that are alien to most of us. but a select few have spent much time and effort in uncovering and examining these differences and have been successful in negotiating with the Zuma.

People act like they expect the Zuma to sit in their own lands forever and not to have any ambitions or desires to increase their lands. I think those that believe that are foolish and will pay the price for their short sightedness.

Expand your horizons and look at the Zuma as a viable realm. And seek to improve relations with them if you can. Pissing them off is a bad thing unless you have strong allies that are willing to aide you in fighting them.  But I believe that such a fight is possible to win as well. But it will be costly and there is the real chance that you will lose.

I am sure that Tom has limited the abilities of the Zuma so that they are not unbeatable. After all that would be counter productive to the game as a whole.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #796: May 09, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
I expect craziness from Allison.

I didn't expect the Zuma GM to play along.

We knew long before the war that Allison had frequent contact with the Zuma. We periodically tried to interrupt her travels there. We even sent an ambassador of our own (who got no response; dunno why). We just didn't think that a very limited war (I mean, seriously: a war with no takeovers and explicit promise of the survival of the enemy from the get-go, as well as a pledge to never escalate conflict unless the other does so first. We didn't even invade until invaded. How much more limited of a war do you want?) was going to provoke 10,000 CS of Zuma.

Haha, I was down there soon after it was made public members of Kabrinskia were making frequent contact with the Zuma.  Your ambassadors just sat there threatening and insulting Haktoo.  It was not well received.  Not surprised they said they didn't make contact.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

egamma

« Reply #797: May 09, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
How much more limited of a war do you want?) was going to provoke 10,000 CS of Zuma.

For the record--since the war declaration, how many CS of Terran troops have the Zuma destroyed?

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #798: May 09, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »
I expect craziness from Allison.

I didn't expect the Zuma GM to play along.

We knew long before the war that Allison had frequent contact with the Zuma. We periodically tried to interrupt her travels there. We even sent an ambassador of our own (who got no response; dunno why). We just didn't think that a very limited war (I mean, seriously: a war with no takeovers and explicit promise of the survival of the enemy from the get-go, as well as a pledge to never escalate conflict unless the other does so first. We didn't even invade until invaded. How much more limited of a war do you want?) was going to provoke 10,000 CS of Zuma.

What you call a limited war is a 3 on 1 gang bang to those on the receiving end of it.  Especially since Terran and Kabrinskia were fairly evenly matched to start with.  All you wanted to do was humiliate Allison with a guaranteed victory for Terran by bringing in the rest of the moot. And as you just admitted you tried numerous times to stop Allison fro speaking with the Zuma.  Now that the Zuma have chosen a side in the conflict, Terran and her allies whine about it.

Asylon has pulled out of the war now. Barca seems to have its own problems internally. Terran forces have disappeared from scout reports.  either Terran is pulling out of the war as well or they are moving through Asylon regions to attack from the west (which will pull Asylon back into the war unless they are willing to let us chase down Terran forces in Asylon regions.  Though I doubt that they will allow that. And that will be enough to get Astrum involved in the war. so I hope so see Terran forces attacking from the west soon.  Then we can turn this into a real war.  with real consequences.

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #799: May 09, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »
Many of us on the Western half not in SA had no idea who she was until the Caerwyn war and talk about Astrum's colony.  Still have no idea who this Brom fellow is that people bring up on the forum.

If nobody told you about Crazy Allison and her hair-trigger schemes, your friends have been letting you down :p

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800: May 09, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »
Haha, I was down there soon after it was made public members of Kabrinskia were making frequent contact with the Zuma.  Your ambassadors just sat there threatening and insulting Haktoo.  It was not well received.  Not surprised they said they didn't make contact.

Oh, what's this? Some valid reason why the Zuma didn't talk all friendly-like to Terran? I am shocked. Shocked, I say! ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #801: May 09, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
Asylon has ended anything. Its a ceasefire. We are waiting for something.

Oh and the Terran ambassador to the Zuma was extremely confrontational. Terran went from jewel in the crown with lots of sympathy to almost impossible to help without looking like dorkbags in the process. The whole set up before the Kabrinskian conflict was cut and dry, not this fiasco. They started a war on two fronts, you can finish a war on two fronts... Just never start there.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:57:18 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #802: May 09, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

Oh and the Terran ambassador to the Zuma was extremely confrontational. Terran went from jewel in the crown with lots of sympathy to almost impossible to help without looking like dorkbags in the process. The whole set up before the Kabrinskian conflict was cut and dry, not this fiasco. They started a war on two fronts, you can finish a war on two fronts... Just never start there.

For what, the Zuma to go away.

Who started a war on two fronts. Kabrinskia did not.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:30:28 PM by katayanna »

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #803: May 09, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
For what, the Zuma to go away.

Go away to where?
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #804: May 09, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »
Go away to where?

Hopefully Terran regions.... lol

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #805: May 09, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »

Except we didn't send "ambassadors" in the case I'm talking about. I know what you're referencing; when Eben and Quintus went. And Quintus insulted Haktoo (and got productive responses, actually: the only time anyone from Terran ever has. Lesson learned: insult Haktoo and you get productive responses), but Eben didn't.

But more recently (but still before the war) we sent another, and got no response. He didn't send any insults.

There isn't a war on two fronts. Nor a fiasco. How you can go from "We're invading Kabrinskia RIGHT NOW!" to "We're pulling out of the war!" in less than 24 hours, on multiple occasions, will remain amazing to me.

Oh, what's this? Some valid reason why the Zuma didn't talk all friendly-like to Terran? I am shocked. Shocked, I say! ::)

I'm not. We've never tried to be buddy-buddy with the Zuma.

What you call a limited war is a 3 on 1 gang bang to those on the receiving end of it.  Especially since Terran and Kabrinskia were fairly evenly matched to start with.

You mean when you surprise attacked our monster-clearing team?

All you wanted to do was humiliate Allison with a guaranteed victory for Terran by bringing in the rest of the moot.

You mean when we brought in less than half of one of our ally's armies, and D'Hara stayed out of it?

And as you just admitted you tried numerous times to stop Allison fro speaking with the Zuma.

We tried to prevent everyone from speaking with the Zuma. Why do you think we harassed and isolated Garret so much?

Asylon has pulled out of the war now. Barca seems to have its own problems internally. Terran forces have disappeared from scout reports.  either Terran is pulling out of the war as well or they are moving through Asylon regions to attack from the west (which will pull Asylon back into the war unless they are willing to let us chase down Terran forces in Asylon regions.  Though I doubt that they will allow that. And that will be enough to get Astrum involved in the war. so I hope so see Terran forces attacking from the west soon.  Then we can turn this into a real war.  with real consequences.

I think you have a very naive understanding of BM politics.

For the record--since the war declaration, how many CS of Terran troops have the Zuma destroyed?

Maybe about 500 CS. They attacked, we retreated, they only caught a straggler. If they were destroying our armies I wouldn't be complaining. I'd much prefer that, as I have said now at least 50 times.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #806: May 09, 2012, 07:50:06 PM »
We havent pulled out anywhere, we are in ceasefire. You are fighting a war on two fronts, the Zuma and Kabrinskia. Remember how many times I told you not to start the war and then you did without alerting your allies? If I hadnt told Terran how to act you'd be ranting about Astroists right now and in a holy war. Be thankful Asylon has helped as much as we have. I hear they have elections in Republics... Thank the gods.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #807: May 09, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
We havent pulled out anywhere, we are in ceasefire. You are fighting a war on two fronts, the Zuma and Kabrinskia. Remember how many times I told you not to start the war and then you did without alerting your allies? If I hadnt told Terran how to act you'd be ranting about Astroists right now and in a holy war. Be thankful Asylon has helped as much as we have. I hear they have elections in Republics... Thank the gods.

Um, two fronts?

What on earth are you talking about?

We don't have a war on any front right now.

And... I'm not sure what you mean by "told Terran how to act." I don't even communicate most of your messages to the Senate.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #808: May 09, 2012, 07:59:27 PM »
Divide et impera xD

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #809: May 09, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
And you wonder why you are in the position you are in now. All I did was criticise your diplomat from
Ages ago and you have exploded on me.