Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 240267 times)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #810: May 09, 2012, 08:08:53 PM »
Um, two fronts?

What on earth are you talking about?

You need to invest in better Ambassadors or spies.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #811: May 09, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
Here's the short version:

Allison is crazy, and controls Kabrinskia and has somehow managed to convince the Zuma to aid Kabrinskia if not directly, at the very least indirectly.

Brom is the Allison of Luria, and is now engaged to Allison, promising lots of fun and conflict for all nearby realms for the foreseeable future.

The Moot leaders I can guarantee have enough IC knowledge to figure out why the Zuma are acting the way that they are right now, but likely aren't communicating the right things to each other to do so. And yes, Terran's ruler won't be the one knowing this explicit information because he isn't making the right connections. (besides from the personal contact with Haktoo)

The main thing is though, some of this knowledge that I and others have is too important IC to share on the forums openly and so it is shared purely in IC channels. Frankly though, I wouldn't be surprised if Luria had a better idea of why the Zuma are doing what they are doing than the Moot. Even though the Moot has been provided much greater evidence as to the reasons.

Yes, I'm being cryptic, and no I'm not going to say what is truly going on, because frankly I don't think OOC complaints should be rewarded with IC knowledge and it would directly harm many characters' plans in game. If you want to figure out what is happening, it may be a decent idea for more communication to be taking place among the elders of the Moot perhaps?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #812: May 09, 2012, 08:45:57 PM »

Allison is crazy, and controls Kabrinskia and has somehow managed to convince the Zuma to aid Kabrinskia if not directly, at the very least indirectly.

Brom is the Allison of Luria

I hope you're just referring to the crazy part and nothing else ::)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #813: May 09, 2012, 09:20:08 PM »
And heres the shorter version...

Brom Brom Brom Brom... Brom...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #814: May 09, 2012, 10:17:13 PM »

You mean when you surprise attacked our monster-clearing team?

You mean when we brought in less than half of one of our ally's armies, and D'Hara stayed out of it?

We tried to prevent everyone from speaking with the Zuma. Why do you think we harassed and isolated Garret so much?

I think you have a very naive understanding of BM politics.

Surprise attack?  you declared war on us and we attacked you openly and you knew it was coming

You brought in troops from Barca and Asylon, just because Asylon did not enter Kabrinskia lands does not discount their troops

So you admit you did everything in your power to prevent anyone from speaking to the Zuma because you could not

Naive?  I doubt that
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #815: May 09, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
If they were destroying our armies I wouldn't be complaining. I'd much prefer that, as I have said now at least 50 times.

Really? You're saying that if they came after you, you wouldn't be complaining? Well, good news everybody! The solution to this problem is easier then we could have imagined!  ;D

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #816: May 09, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »
Surprise attack?  you declared war on us and we attacked you openly and you knew it was coming

You brought in troops from Barca and Asylon, just because Asylon did not enter Kabrinskia lands does not discount their troops

So you admit you did everything in your power to prevent anyone from speaking to the Zuma because you could not

Naive?  I dou

bt that

Asylon was bound by an alliance for ages... They hardly dragged us in. Barca was the only one who came in by themselves. Kabrinskia had been causing problems for weeks if not months... Stop trying to make it seem like you guys just fell into Golden Farrow and have been bullief by the moot ever since. I know Allison.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #817: May 09, 2012, 11:18:11 PM »
And you wonder why you are in the position you are in now. All I did was criticise your diplomat from
Ages ago and you have exploded on me.

Who exploded on you? All Vellos did was ask what in the world you meant by "a war on two fronts" when we aren't even fighting on one front right now. And then ponder about how Glaumring can go from "Asylon is launching full scale invasion of Kabrinskia!" and you start posting stuff about how the war is about to get hot and then go "Aw, no we're going to sign a cease-fire" (you know, to halt all that fighting that's going on) in a like 24 hour span.

My guess: too much bloodfruit.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #818: May 09, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »
Asylon was bound by an alliance for ages... They hardly dragged us in. Barca was the only one who came in by themselves. Kabrinskia had been causing problems for weeks if not months... Stop trying to make it seem like you guys just fell into Golden Farrow and have been bullief by the moot ever since. I know Allison.

Asylon honored their obligations, but to do that they had to get involved, I did not say they were wrong in doing so.

I agree with you about Barca.

No one is being bullied by the moot. ganged up on yes. as many have said that if you war one you war all the moot.  Terran said they wanted a limited war and brought in barca and forced or talked Asylon into joining in on a defensive mission.

The Cease Fire we have now is a good thing. and if barca backs out as well then I will speak loudly on keeping the war a one on one battle between Kabrinskia and Terran.

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #819: May 09, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »
Really? You're saying that if they came after you, you wouldn't be complaining? Well, good news everybody! The solution to this problem is easier then we could have imagined!  ;D

Hey cool an OOC solution to an IC problem, just like you wanted!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820: May 09, 2012, 11:46:47 PM »
Ah, if only Gorbag hadn't been executed by the same people he was trying to help...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #821: May 10, 2012, 12:02:15 AM »
Katayanna, I know you want the war to go one way . You have an idea of how it should be. But you forget one thing... Ahem, asides from myself Allison is the single most dangerous and tricky tactician on the map and no matter what you say or want I am not going to fight or do anything by text book. Thulsoma/Averoth and Caerwyn will be the only cake walk war you will have had. I wouldnt get too cocky yet... Im still very capable of changing everything.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #822: May 10, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »

Brom is the Allison of Luria, and is now engaged to Allison, promising lots of fun and conflict for all nearby realms for the foreseeable future.

The Moot leaders I can guarantee have enough IC knowledge to figure out why the Zuma are acting the way that they are right now, but likely aren't communicating the right things to each other to do so. And yes, Terran's ruler won't be the one knowing this explicit information because he isn't making the right connections. (besides from the personal contact with Haktoo)

The main thing is though, some of this knowledge that I and others have is too important IC to share on the forums openly and so it is shared purely in IC channels. Frankly though, I wouldn't be surprised if Luria had a better idea of why the Zuma are doing what they are doing than the Moot. Even though the Moot has been provided much greater evidence as to the reasons.

Yes, I'm being cryptic, and no I'm not going to say what is truly going on, because frankly I don't think OOC complaints should be rewarded with IC knowledge and it would directly harm many characters' plans in game. If you want to figure out what is happening, it may be a decent idea for more communication to be taking place among the elders of the Moot perhaps?

I fully agree with this post, and I think i know things and reasons IC, but refuse to share it here aswell.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #823: May 10, 2012, 04:24:25 AM »

Okay, maybe that was mostly Chenier complaining about both TMP (Too Much Peace, not Manifest Path) and the Daimons. Sorry.

Here's what I've been trying to say:

Have we seen wars decrease since TMP was removed? No, and I'd even argue the contrary happened. But mostly, at least now the realms in circumstances that make war unreasonable aren't getting butt-!@#$ed by game mechanics. I remain convinced that removing TMP was a good idea. Because if a realm at war getting ravaged by TMP isn't a clear enough indicator that the mechanic worked poorly, I have no idea what would be.

Also, Katayanna, I can't believe you actually believe any of the stuff you spout OOC. Allison went on to provoke a bunch of allied realms. Terran  declared war, sure, but that's because closed borders don't exist, and the move was fully justified. Furthermore, Kabrinskia was the one who attacked first. Terran has a allies. A bunch of them. And Allison went to disturb the hornet's nest.

However, instead of everyone going full on against Kabrinskia as our treaties would normally dictate, we held back in hopes of preventing escalations. Terran promised not to do takeovers. Asylon said she wouldn't enter Kabrinskia's lands. D'Hara has held back from participating as well. Barca, the poorest and most remote of all of Terran's allies, is the only one who sent true support.

Don't act like a victim, seriously. Allison sought war with all of her neighbors. The only reason everyone is holding back is because we don't feel like fighting Astrum. But Astrum doesn't scare us. We don't want to fight it, but if we stop holding back, we are quite confident in our ability to crush Kabrinskia and defeat whatever Astrum sends to save your sorry ass.

Allison is influential, but she has many enemies. Everywhere. And we aren't dumb like the north-westerners were.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #824: May 10, 2012, 04:33:02 AM »
we are quite confident in our ability to crush Kabrinskia and defeat whatever Astrum sends to save your sorry ass.

And that cavalier attitude completely disappears once the Zuma show up.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.